• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Now that's what I call a helluva pair.  (worship)

-J.

Saw these after the variant question, definitely sought after and a bit up there in cost. Maybe one day I’ll get a hold of a raw copy.

couldnt imagine have a double slabbed 9.9. Awesome!!

1 hour ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

I have to imagine the pricing by Kwan includes some sort of pre screening fee, which is understandable in today’s market. Which more often than not is NM+ or better or bust around these parts for Modern books. If anyone wants to gamble on a copy or two not knowing what condition the book is in, or will be in after it’s journey to get to you then by all means buy one from the link. 

Also, that some guy you’re referring to is a pretty well known and respected member of the comic book industry. He’s not some random flipper, just an FYI. 

12 hours ago, IntoAnother said:

I have to imagine the pricing by Kwan includes some sort of pre screening fee, which is understandable in today’s market. Which more often than not is NM+ or better or bust around these parts for Modern books. If anyone wants to gamble on a copy or two not knowing what condition the book is in, or will be in after it’s journey to get to you then by all means buy one from the link. 

Also, that some guy you’re referring to is a pretty well known and respected member of the comic book industry. He’s not some random flipper, just an FYI. 

Near Mint books are easy to come buy these days. No need for a pre-screen or whatever nonsense that is. Especially for Panini books, which are thick and have card stock covers

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt

39 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Near Mint books are easy to come buy these days. No need for a pre-screen or whatever nonsense that is. Especially for Panini books, which are thick and have card stock covers

I did not say Near Mint, I said NM+ or better. Which is not a given when receiving books from over seas, even Panini books.

If the price isn’t right for you for a book you assume is easy to come by in NM condition, then move on. No need to try and krap on a respected board members sales thread. 

2 hours ago, IntoAnother said:

I did not say Near Mint, I said NM+ or better. Which is not a given when receiving books from over seas, even Panini books.

If the price isn’t right for you for a book you assume is easy to come by in NM condition, then move on. No need to try and krap on a respected board members sales thread. 

Not krapping, educating those that may not be as familiar with store variants. There are more people that read this forum than just the ones that post often.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Not krapping, educating those that may not be as familiar with store variants. There are more people that read this forum than just the ones that post often.

I get that, and I’m all for educating and sharing information as that’s what helps makes this place a community. Yet the comment I quoted was krapping on Kwan’s thread for no good reason.

6 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Sounds like you think there’s an avenue to make some money by undercutting the prices of kwan.  Should be easy money according to you.  All you have to do is order 20 books from panini and you can sell them for a $20 profit per book.  Sounds like an easy $400.  Why not do it?

Not worth your time and money because of how much trouble it is or how much your time is worth?  Why or why not?

45 minutes ago, revat said:

Sounds like you think there’s an avenue to make some money by undercutting the prices of kwan.  Should be easy money according to you.  All you have to do is order 20 books from panini and you can sell them for a $20 profit per book.  Sounds like an easy $400.  Why not do it?

Not worth your time and money because of how much trouble it is or how much your time is worth?  Why or why not?

Why not just order it from the source?
Better yet, why not just post your sales thread in the for sale section like everyone else does?

25 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
1 hour ago, revat said:

Why not just order it from the source?
Better yet, why not just post your sales thread in the for sale section like everyone else does?

Are we talking about the same thing? Kwan's sale is in the sale section.

As for ordering from the source that's a pretty reasonable option.  But obviously there's some value (maybe $40-50 worth to some) to having the comic pre-screened n person by a trusted boardie.  On the face of it sounds like a lot admittedly, but when you start adding it up I can see how it's worth it for some people (of course every person is different).

When I haven't either simply bought an already slabbed book or used a pre screen service i find that I'm usually getting books in the 9.2-9.6 range.

So if you're someone who is so anal that you simply must have every modern you in be a 9.8, that service is definitely worth it.  The boardie BeachBum also has that down to a science. 

-J.

7 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

When I haven't either simply bought an already slabbed book or used a pre screen service i find that I'm usually getting books in the 9.2-9.6 range.

So if you're someone who is so anal that you simply must have every modern you in be a 9.8, that service is definitely worth it.  The boardie BeachBum also has that down to a science. 

-J.

It’s like in Japan how you can buy a perfect piece of fruit for like $50 in a fancy package.  It’s not for everyone, but if you’re rich enough I got no beef with the customer for spending their own money or the vendor earning a premium.  The market ultimately decides, and that’s fine as long as everyone is being honest and acting in good faith, which I think is true in this case

16 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Beachbum guarantees grades BEFORE they are in hand. These are already in hand.