• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Looks like the X-23 dell Otto has gone stale

(shrug) There was a run on every CGC copy that was on ebay last week.....

-J.

lol

The next 'run' will be when people realize two of the three sold to one guy buying both a blue and the yellow SS 9.8 for top market price in one day. :D

(shrug)

So does that mean the sales don't count?

-J.

lol

The next 'run' will be when people realize two of the three sold to one guy buying both a blue and the yellow SS 9.8 for top market price in one day. :D

(shrug)

...and how are you divining who purchased the SS copy?

-J.

-J.

lol

(shrug)

I'd say it makes them a bit suspicious, I mean we're talking about a book that has really been on a run so I'd wait for feedback at the least before ringing the bell. I did see CBSI report the two April 25th sales right after they happened but I don't see them mentioning the third sale.

As someone once said...

While shilling and fake "buy it nows" on ebay are certainly nothing new, I found it fascinating to see in action with these two books. You can literally see the fraud and attempts at market manipulation happening right before your very eyes. The fact that these books have so recently caught the attention of the market makes them particularly vulnerable to fraudsters as the collecting market at large tries to get a handle for what FMV really is for the books. But at the same time, it makes the shenanigans easier to spot as well, if you have no life and too much free time at the office like me, to compile the data and disseminate to my fellow boardies.

And if it spares even one boardie the pain and aggravation of being shilled into an artificially high bid in a fraudulent auction on either of these books, or perhaps another, then it will all have been worth it.

Be careful out there. \(thumbs u

-J.

lol

(shrug)

-J.

I posted a link to the watchcount results for all three a few post up. (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9323254#Post9323254

-J.

lol

(shrug)

-J.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9323254#Post9323254

The only thing that looks "suspicious" to me is that the seller of one of the copies turned down an earlier offer of $1600. lol

:gossip: FYI I personally know of at least 2 private sales of the book in excess of $1600.

-J.

-J.

lol

(shrug)

-J.

The only thing that looks "suspicious" to me is that the seller of one of the copies turned down an earlier offer of $1600. lol

:gossip: FYI I personally know of at least 2 private sales of the book in excess of $1600.

-J.

Meaningless data from an unreliable source, you.

It's unfortunate that all the information you gather on the market from cozying up to sellers and buyers of these books won't really be taken as anything but spin when you can't even acknowledge that there's evidence laid out in front of you that should at least make someone think twice - I say, "hey look", you only see someone who was willing to pay more.

lol

Again, 3 sales, first & last are same buyer.

Two 9.8's sold for $1400 best offer here and here and here's the SS sale for $1500

-J.

lol

(shrug)

-J.

-J.

It's unfortunate that all the information you gather on the market from cozying up to sellers and buyers of these books won't really be taken as anything but spin when you can't even acknowledge that there's evidence laid out in front of you that should at least make someone think twice - I say, "hey look", you only see someone who was willing to pay more.

lol

Two 9.8's sold for $1400 best offer here and here and here's the SS sale for $1500

Your "evidence" is that one buyer bought two copies of a hot book, paying a price consistent with prices that it has been selling for since January.

That's pretty weak.

Good talk.

-J.

-J.

lol

(shrug)

-J.

-J.

lol

Your "evidence" is that one buyer bought two copies of a hot book, paying a price consistent with prices that it has been selling for since January.

That's pretty weak.

Good talk.

-J.

Everyone is free to view the "evidence" as they wish - it raises questions for me, obviously it doesn't bother you.

How are you divining that this book was selling for $1400/1500 range in January? You just said it was, so is that just more spin or can you link to some proof?

-J.

lol

(shrug)

-J.

-J.

lol

That's pretty weak.

Good talk.

-J.

Everyone is free to view the "evidence" as they wish - it raises questions for me, obviously it doesn't bother you.

How are you divining that this book was selling for $1400/1500 range in January? You just said it was, so is that just more spin or can you link to some proof?

You're the only one spinning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-23-2010-3rd-Series-1D-CGC-9-8-0271504001-/361467874110?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&rt=nc&si=xbID1M6Roi55pQZ3XgzvrSjCRBk%253D&orig_cvip=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

:ohnoez:

-J.

That was in this thread already.

When it was brought up you responded with yet another upward spin comment to bolster price perception because it was available for $1200 on MCS's site when it sold for that price on e-bay.

lol

Maybe you don't recognize it when you do it. (shrug)

Here, I'll refresh your memory and link the post and bold the "spin" portion of your response earlier in this thread.

Basically a X-23 1 Dell'otto 9.8 sold at MCS for $1,199.85 and everybody went crazy.

The Original Sin Gamora cover might be my favorite out of the bunch. I hated that outfit when i first saw it but i understand/like it now.

Actually, raw copies of X 23 #1 were going for $400+ before the 9.8 mycomicshop sale (which was actually for $1,380). (thumbs u

Agreed, his Gamora cover for Original Sin is pretty sweet. The whole Original Sin run by him is actually pretty solid. :cloud9:

-J.

When it was brought up you responded with yet another upward spin comment to bolster price perception because it was available for $1200 on MCS's site when it sold for that price on e-bay.

lol

Here, I'll refresh your memory and link the post and bold the "spin" portion of your response earlier in this thread.

Basically a X-23 1 Dell'otto 9.8 sold at MCS for $1,199.85 and everybody went crazy.

The Original Sin Gamora cover might be my favorite out of the bunch. I hated that outfit when i first saw it but i understand/like it now.

Actually, raw copies of X 23 #1 were going for $400+ before the 9.8 mycomicshop sale (which was actually for $1,380). (thumbs u

Agreed, his Gamora cover for Original Sin is pretty sweet. The whole Original Sin run by him is actually pretty solid. :cloud9:

-J.

You asked for a data point that showed the book selling for ~$1400+ for months.

I gave you that.

Now you reveal that you already knew about the sale.

We're once again veering into trolling territory, and to what end who knows. I'm sure you must have better things to do with your time, but if you don't, let me state that I do.

Good day.

-J.

lol

-J.

You asked for a data point that showed the book selling for ~$1400 for months.

I gave you that.

Now you reveal that you already knew about the sale.

We're once again veering into trolling territory, and to what end who knows. I'm sure you must have better things to do with your time, but if you don't, let me state that I do.

Good day.

-J.

I found it after you posted it - you gave me a date to look at.

That sale didn't show up in my search because I had "dell otto" in the search line....I don't subscribe to GPA like you do so it's hard work for me. :P

I saw an underpriced one snagged for $900 on Feb 14th,

This one from early April and I think there was another February in the $1100 range.

I'll apologize for the 3, 2, 1 thing, that was a wee bit trollish. :grin:

But no more trollish than when you've used it repeatedly in the past to dismiss legitimate questions about past sales results when we've discussed them.

I know someone who buys hot books slabbed from Silver Age through Modern Age. Whichever is the topic of conversation among collectors. Money isn't an object, doesn't read comics, it's just a status thing. That's basically the hat trick of people I hate

I know someone who buys hot books slabbed from Silver Age through Modern Age. Whichever is the topic of conversation among collectors. Money isn't an object, doesn't read comics, it's just a status thing. That's basically the hat trick of people I hate

I read comics, but not what I collect; keys/rare books. Can we still be friends?

Jerome

I read comics, but not what I collect; keys/rare books. Can we still be friends?

Jerome

*Sigh* I suppose

This trust funder doesn't read any books new or old

Jerome

*Sigh* I suppose

This trust funder doesn't read any books new or old

:acclaim:

Jerome