• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Spring Auction

359 posts in this topic

Uniform browning (sad) throughout ex-logo. I guess the shared border used on all the books that month...this is the original of that too?

i zoomed in, the image is small, but it looks like the border's a stat to me. look by Thor's hammer, it looks like there's a level difference between the board and Thor....

I'm thinking that it just went and got spray tanned with John Boehner.... they're kind of the same color.

Uniform browning (sad) throughout ex-logo. I guess the shared border used on all the books that month...this is the original of that too?

i zoomed in, the image is small, but it looks like the border's a stat to me. look by Thor's hammer, it looks like there's a level difference between the board and Thor....

I'm thinking that it just went and got spray tanned with John Boehner.... they're kind of the same color.

The description states

The Wolverine image is original art while the the border is a production stat that was used on all Marvel titles the month of the 25th Anniversary of the start of the Marvel Age, which was marked by Fantastic Four #1.

I remember Burkey selling the original border at some point.

That's weird. I don't think I've ever seen a stat brown so uniformly and matching the board. Geez did somebody age the stat to get it match or something?? IIRC the 25th ASM cover is by Romita and I think that may also be the original art for the border...this my memory of years ago, from the cover description on on Mike's site.

Well, the massacre part is not going to be limited to the storyline.

Confused. Directed in response to my border comment?

Nope; was just trying to make a joke, this being a cover to one of the Mutant Massacre books. Guess me and my humor :sorry:

I think he meant about the battle for the cover at auction.

Someone's wallet is certain to be massacred. Hopefully the bidders themselves will be fine.

That's weird. I don't think I've ever seen a stat brown so uniformly and matching the board. Geez did somebody age the stat to get it match or something?? IIRC the 25th ASM cover is by Romita and I think that may also be the original art for the border...this my memory of years ago, from the cover description on on Mike's site.

Found it, Mike got Romita Sr to draw a cover for the border.

http://www.romitaman.com/privategallerypiece.asp?piece=11572&artistid=947

Doubtful that border is original. I thought I saw the border sell by itself in an auction over 10 years ago.

Found it, Mike got Romita Sr to draw a cover for the border.

http://www.romitaman.com/privategallerypiece.asp?piece=11572&artistid=947

Funny, I think by having Romita draw Spider-Man Mike in fact limited the appeal of the original border art in the present.

Same here. The discoloration is so even and complete.

well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg

Awesome picture (thumbs u

I actually had a bonus piece I was going for - but within 35 seconds the price increased 3 fold and it was all over.

But it was nice, I slept well - I would have been truly disturbed, if the piece was sold 100 bucks over my max bid. - Knowing my max bid was completely destroyed, I can live on, I'm happy, not thinking much about it anymore :whistle:

Sigh :cry:

;)

Nope; was just trying to make a joke, this being a cover to one of the Mutant Massacre books. Guess me and my humor :sorry:

Sorry, I sort of guessed that but (without looking it up) second-guessed that MM came a year or two later. I do not remember. I am getting old!