• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Spring Auction

359 posts in this topic

This is now fixed. Looks like the cover inking credits were grabbed, not the interior. Thanks for the heads up

For some reason, mine days that too. It doesn't show in transit but it is scheduled for delivery today. Maybe fedex doesn't update every step?

Fedex usually gives me day to day updates. I think C-Link may just be stretching out their two week due date by printing the shipping label and not mailing it. :taptaptap:

For some reason, mine days that too. It doesn't show in transit but it is scheduled for delivery today. Maybe fedex doesn't update every step?

Fedex usually gives me day to day updates. I think C-Link may just be stretching out their two week due date by printing the shipping label and not mailing it. :taptaptap:

I've gotten my packages from them without any update since the label was printed, and sometimes by a different carrier between FedEx, and USPS with notifications from both of them.

I've gotten my packages from them without any update since the label was printed, and sometimes by a different carrier between FedEx, and USPS with notifications from both of them.

This is good to hear, I'll probably email them just to ask what's up. Meanwhile,2vsenu0.jpg

Its been a while since i took part in a Comiclink Original Art Auction primarily because i knew that the pieces i was interested in were going to go for way over my budget and unfortunately i was proved right. However this time there are for example, and a great hero of mine, 6x Neal Adams pages that gives me every opportunity of obtaining a piece. Im not sure if i have ever seen 6 pieces of Adams artwork in one Comiclink auction but im confident of finally getting a nice Neal Adams page.

Another piece that caught my eye is the very underrated Nick Cardy and his Witching Hour cover. You see so many basic covers with just the characters and little else that i think to myself either the artist was going to miss their deadline or they really couldnt be bothered. When i enlarge the Cardy piece the amount of detail really has to be admired especially the amount of linework on the man/beast. I also like the way he has drawn the woman and my first thought when i saw the piece was that it was Dominguez which is great praise indeed.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I remember over in the "Fakers on Ebay" thread that when I was looking at the listings of fakes that DUCOSO. (dutch collector's society) had up I saw this piece (or at least one very similar to it), and am now wondering if its a fake, and possibly the same drawing that he had listed on Ebay.

I went on heritage to look at examples, and noticed that he drew the cat in a different way, and always seemed to have a swirl at the bottom of his name which makes me even more suspicious.

Thoughts?

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RAD64FFA2016428_152345.jpg

This is good to hear, I'll probably email them just to ask what's up. Meanwhile,2vsenu0.jpg

Charlie Brown, boy that takes me back.

Its been a while since i took part in a Comiclink Original Art Auction primarily because i knew that the pieces i was interested in were going to go for way over my budget and unfortunately i was proved right. However this time there are for example, and a great hero of mine, 6x Neal Adams pages that gives me every opportunity of obtaining a piece. Im not sure if i have ever seen 6 pieces of Adams artwork in one Comiclink auction but im confident of finally getting a nice Neal Adams page.

Another piece that caught my eye is the very underrated Nick Cardy and his Witching Hour cover. You see so many basic covers with just the characters and little else that i think to myself either the artist was going to miss their deadline or they really couldnt be bothered. When i enlarge the Cardy piece the amount of detail really has to be admired especially the amount of linework on the man/beast. I also like the way he has drawn the woman and my first thought when i saw the piece was that it was Dominguez which is great praise indeed.

You might be right. I think I have seen this many Neal Adams pages in an Heritage auction but Comiclink im not so sure. However I think there are still too many collectors who would like a Neal Adams page(who wouldn't) than is readily available that I wouldn't expect these to go cheap. An original art collector that I have known for about 11 years now has 20 Neal Adams pages and he is not ready to sell any of them.

I had some time on my hands today so I checked out the Cardy Witching Hour page you mentioned and yes there is certainly more detail than I thought there would be before I looked at it. I did use to own a couple of Cardy superhero covers and even though they were good they were overall fairly straight forward. I never really thought of Cardy as a Horror cover artist for some reason as he is not one of the names that immediately come to mind when someone mentions Horror covers. In fact I think of Adams along with a whole bunch of others before Cardy comes into my head. But there it is, a nice detailed cover that obviously hasn't been rushed and the beasts hands and pattern on the jacket must of taken sometime. Finally what the hell is that drawing in the right hand margin suppose to be.

I'm quite frankly impressed as both a buyer and seller (consignor) with the early activity on Comic Link this May's Featured Auction. Great material (I can't tip my hat to what I'm interested in bidding for in fear of creating competition :) but, I'll say this, there's already a handful of pieces where the prices have me tapping out and are beyond what I can afford), in terms of what I collect and look for VS Heritage's last auction.

I know a lot of people wait 'til the end to even place a bid, regardless of that whole "tracking bids" by folks monitoring pieces, but early indicators are showing interest is high across the board.

I think sometimes bidding early and aggressive weeds out the lookie loos and impulsive buyers at the end of the auction, final day. For me, for example since auctions end A to Z, if I see pieces I'm interested in but can't afford at the current prices, I bid more aggressively on the ones I want that are still priced in my range. So, when bidding activity is early and high, I get a sense that it eliminates folks like me who might have come up in the end and possibly would have gotten caught up in an impulsive bidding war, paying more than planned. But if it's still low going to the final hours of the auction, I have to then prioritize which pieces I like vs love vs can't live without, as well as anything that's just a bargain.

Ok you billionaires, back TF off...bids are going crazy already, underbidder on two pieces with prices that should be enough to win them...

$20K is the new $10K ?

$35k is the new $5k, based on the Mark Bright Spidey v. Wolverine cover.

I still have not seen anything in the BWS auction description in regards to any mandatory artist transfer agreement.

(shrug)

Cheers!

N.

Just to be clear, the Conan Saga #5 cover art is not covered by any artist transfer agreement. (which is why there is no mention of it :gossip:)