• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES 12 (1939): RARE GERBER 7

11 posts in this topic

That's a very cool book. First Wolverton Space Patrol and with killer art.

Here's the MH Copy I posted from the Centaur Thread.

720285-AmazMysFunnies2_12sm.jpg

I am interested in this book but i am fairly new golden age buyer....do you think its worth the buy it now? If I were to have some minor restoration done to the spine to make it look like, well - more like a comicbook 27_laughing.gif, how much do you think it would run to bring it up to an acceptable condition?

the seller is reputable since i've bought from him twice in the past. thumbsup2.gif

Ya well that clears it up for me, anyone who pimp's bought off of is TOL in my book. Hey weren't you one of Hammer's customers stooges.gif

The resto on that book would be interesting. Its been restaples a few times, I'd ask for bigger and better scans. However that means there is going to be a hole or four holes, possibly more depending on how many times its been stapled - THROUGH ALL THE PAGES IN THE BOOK. I guess you might only restor that cover holes on the first wrap, but would that not still get a green label????

Still this book looks like an excellent candidate for restoration and preservation, not from a monetary aspect, but just to save a rare book from deteriorating further and bring it back to a state where it exhibits great eye appeal.

Ya well that clears it up for me, anyone who pimp's bought off of is TOL in my book. Hey weren't you one of Hammer's customers stooges.gif

notice i said "twice", besides this seller doesn't have private feedback and auctions to dissuade thrill/joy bidders BS. makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gifscrewy.gifyeahok.gifthumbsup2.gif

That's the perfect copy of this book to own. I've had 2 or 3 of them, including high-grade copies and love my bound volume copy most of all. It's got some of the best Wolverton "space-art" you'll see, as adam can attest. Great tentacled monsters.

However, it's a dead book when it comes to sales. There just aren't people looking for it. Metro has a GVG for $250 or so IIRC.

The paper looks a little fragile on that copy, so I'd get a better sense of it before you buy. Centaurs are notorious for bad paper.

That's the perfect copy of this book to own. I've had 2 or 3 of them, including high-grade copies and love my bound volume copy most of all. It's got some of the best Wolverton "space-art" you'll see, as adam can attest. Great tentacled monsters.

However, it's a dead book when it comes to sales. There just aren't people looking for it. Metro has a GVG for $250 or so IIRC.

The paper looks a little fragile on that copy, so I'd get a better sense of it before you buy. Centaurs are notorious for bad paper.

Sales are slow! 893whatthe.gif And of such a cool book with that fabulous Wolverton story with the phallic foliage?

I demand a congressional investigation!

Sales are slow! 893whatthe.gif And of such a cool book with that fabulous Wolverton story with the phallic foliage?

I demand a congressional investigation!

Adam;

You are going to have to stand in line.

They are busy right now with the performance enhancing steroids controversy in baseball and sports. After that, they'll be moving right into the grade enhancing (ie. undisclosed pressing, etc.) activities in comic books since this should be a smooth seamless transition for them. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif