• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You have $900, do you buy NM 98 (9.8) ASM300 (9.8) BA12 (9.6)

82 posts in this topic

Marry, Kill, Frack

Marry AS 300. Its the iconic book.

Kill NM 98. Its the annoying book

Frack BA 12. Well do I need to say...

However after seeing the DP movie, I have to change my mind. Deadpool may have changed the entire super hero movie game for the next several years allowing more adult themes and humor to make the genre much more interesting. I believe we are seeing the distinct divide between kids movies and adult movies and that is not a bad thing. For that NM 98 may be the game changer.

I don't understand the hype over the Deadpool movie, but I realize (box office) I may be in the minority.... either that, or people were just so starved for an R-rated comic movie that they went in droves regardless.

One thing I'll give the movie, the -script writers were smart. They insulated the audience from Deadpool by keeping him off the screen for anything except action scenes. I don't think most audiences would like 90 minutes straight of him, so I'll be really curious to see how they handle the sequel.

Anyway, that's a long winded way for me to say I think other properties can do the adult superhero movie thing better. I don't personally see the character continuing on the upward trajectory in popular culture, he just works best in a comic book in my opinion.

Marry, Kill, Frack

However after seeing the DP movie, I have to change my mind. Deadpool may have changed the entire super hero movie game for the next several years allowing more adult themes and humor to make the genre much more interesting. I believe we are seeing the distinct divide between kids movies and adult movies and that is not a bad thing. For that NM 98 may be the game changer.

I don't understand the hype over the Deadpool movie, but I realize (box office) I may be in the minority.... either that, or people were just so starved for an R-rated comic movie that they went in droves regardless.

One thing I'll give the movie, the -script writers were smart. They insulated the audience from Deadpool by keeping him off the screen for anything except action scenes. I don't think most audiences would like 90 minutes straight of him, so I'll be really curious to see how they handle the sequel.

Anyway, that's a long winded way for me to say I think other properties can do the adult superhero movie thing better. I don't personally see the character continuing on the upward trajectory in popular culture, he just works best in a comic book in my opinion.

Fan of the movie or not, its FUNDAMENTALLY changing the way that studio heads are looking at the future of super hero movies. Not sure its for the better or not, but we're already getting an R-Rated version of Dawn of Justice on DVD/Blu-Ray, and Gambit has just been pulled. Just let me get some Authority/Stormwatch/Planetary type action in R.

I'd forget about spending hundreds of dollars on the latest hot key that, if history is any indication at all, will eventually settle back down as every comic published from 1965-on has.

I'd buy a boatload of 80's comics and enjoy days of wonder and nights of mystery, that owning no "hot key book" could ever replicate.

Me too buddy, this is just a hypothetical situation, with set parameters.

I know technically BA 12 came out in 1992, and many list 91 as the end of Copper, but let's just pretend.

You have $900 (GPA for last two sales of first titles), and you see a 9.8 New Mutans 98 slab, an ASM 300 9.8 Slab, or a Batman Adventures 9.6 slab (9.8 is in the 1500+, and 9.6 you'd pocket some money, 50-75).

Which do you buy, and why?

I think time will tell, but obviously NM 98 and ASM 300 have been headed for a crash course as the possible key for the new kids, for quite some time.

NM #98 because Deadpool is established now, and because you said Batman Adventures was going to be a 9.6. a 9.8 would have made my decision harder.

Marry, Kill, Frack

Fan of the movie or not, its FUNDAMENTALLY changing the way that studio heads are looking at the future of super hero movies. Not sure its for the better or not, but we're already getting an R-Rated version of Dawn of Justice on DVD/Blu-Ray, and Gambit has just been pulled. Just let me get some Authority/Stormwatch/Planetary type action in R.

I doubt Gambit is pulled but rather delayed to 2017 especially with shooting to start in March the original October date was unrealistic.

I'll take that bet.

I think they're going to have to go back to the drawing board to rework the Gambit -script to make it more R-Rated, while the two more likely candidates for the unannounced slots are X-Force & Deadpool 2.

And then we'll see about Channing Tatum's availability.

I'll take that bet.

I think they're going to have to go back to the drawing board to rework the Gambit -script to make it more R-Rated, while the two more likely candidates for the unannounced slots are X-Force & Deadpool 2.

And then we'll see about Channing Tatum's availability.

You do know the previous producer backed out due to other commitments right? The previous October date was lined up with everything running on schedule, now with Liman aboard and filming this next month it'll be pushed back to another date. These articles on deadline and wrap jump to many conclusions. They had Tatum for sure dropping out and just when they said it in print boom he was signed.

I'd forget about spending hundreds of dollars on the latest hot key that, if history is any indication at all, will eventually settle back down as every comic published from 1965-on has.

I'd buy a boatload of 80's comics and enjoy days of wonder and nights of mystery, that owning no "hot key book" could ever replicate.

That's what TPBs are for.

BA12 all day every day! Venom is a over-hyped character that has already peaked. Deadpool is limited in upside due to his adult-oriented fan base.

With the significant increase in female readers and the pop culture icon that Harley is becoming, I see her as the most likely character to become the female Wolverine in terms of popularity.

Not if it's for nostalgia, you need the original comic version, the one you read as a kid....I'd even confess that I prefer flipping through early Spidey stories in Marvel Tales over fighting with mylars to read the original ASM comics that I never owned as a kid.

To answer the OP, I'd spend the $900 on runs of MTIO, MOKF and Defenders to fill in some bronze age gaps in my collection for books I traded away.

:grin:

BA12 all day every day! Venom is a over-hyped character that has already peaked. Deadpool is limited in upside due to his adult-oriented fan base.

With the significant increase in female readers and the pop culture icon that Harley is becoming, I see her as the most likely character to become the female Wolverine in terms of popularity.

All three have upside with adults and youngsters IMO. Buy a All-New Marvel Now book and I dare you to not see a Deadpool cover.

Newer to the forum... Has anyone seen a decent increase with sales on X-Force 2 on online sales?

They've flooded eBay. GPA actually shows the price trending down across the board - 90 day, 12 month, and 2015.

Well the VF and under have. Last time I looked I saw 10 VF's to every NM raw copy on ebay.

Newer to the forum... Has anyone seen a decent increase with sales on X-Force 2 on online sales?

They've flooded eBay. GPA actually shows the price trending down across the board - 90 day, 12 month, and 2015.

Well the VF and under have. Last time I looked I saw 10 VF's to every NM raw copy on ebay.

I should have been more clear - my post refers to GPA data for CGC 9.8 copies of X-Force #2.

Not if it's for nostalgia, you need the original comic version, the one you read as a kid....I'd even confess that I prefer flipping through early Spidey stories in Marvel Tales over fighting with mylars to read the original ASM comics that I never owned as a kid.

To answer the OP, I'd spend the $900 on runs of MTIO, MOKF and Defenders to fill in some bronze age gaps in my collection for books I traded away.

:grin:

People need to stop living in the past