• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
2 2

1,187 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, atomised said:

A few weeks ago they were shooting on Geary Street in San Francisco at the Edinburgh Castle.  I passed by the set of the way home from work and someone said they were shooting in that bar, which is an old SF Irish pub haunt.  I thought if they are filming in the there the production designer must be either cheap or lazy because you don't need to add anything to that bar to give it character.  It's good as is.

castle.jpg

looks like Eddie Brock cleared the place out

My daughter was stumped after seeing the Venom trailer at Black Panther.  She didn't know if he was a super hero or just a crazy guy who shakes his head side to side.  The more lay people I talk to about the trailer the more it is a dud.  It doesn't give them anything to go on.  I'm kind of excited about the direction they appear to be going in but the next promo needs to be a lot better.

Edited by 1Cool

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

My daughter was stumped after seeing the Venom trailer at Black Panther.  She didn't know if he was a super hero or just a crazy guy who shakes his head side to side.  The more lay people I talk to about the trailer the more it is a dud.  It doesn't give them anything to go on.  I'm kind of excited about the direction they appear to be going in but they next promo needs to be a lot better.

trailer did get a few laughs in the theater where i saw BP :frown:

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

Trailers are so crucial now they can make or  break a picture.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

My daughter was stumped after seeing the Venom trailer at Black Panther.  She didn't know if he was a super hero or just a crazy guy who shakes his head side to side.  The more lay people I talk to about the trailer the more it is a dud.  It doesn't give them anything to go on.  I'm kind of excited about the direction they appear to be going in but the next promo needs to be a lot better.

Not a good sign when the audience is confused.

9 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Trailers are so crucial now they can make or  break a picture.

Not a good sign when the audience is confused.

Interesting.  My friend's 7 year old knew exactly what the teaser was for and loved it. 

Incidentally, 14MM views of it on YouTube, same amount as Trailer 3 for Homecoming.  

-J.

14 hours ago, 1Cool said:

My daughter saw the BP trailer on TV a month ago and said "Who is that, Catman". lol

7 hours ago, kimik said:
22 hours ago, 1Cool said:

My daughter saw the BP trailer on TV a month ago and said "Who is that, Catman". lol

My 2-year old son and daughter both spend a lot of time running around the house yelling "I'm Catboy!"

pjcatboy_large.jpg?v=1492411975

8 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Interesting.  My friend's 7 year old knew exactly what the teaser was for and loved it. 

Incidentally, 14MM views of it on YouTube, same amount as Trailer 3 for Homecoming.  

-J.

Good points.

I think once they actually show a good portion of Eddy as Venom in the trailer things will get more exciting.

I think a lot of fans wanted to see Eddy in the Venom costume than so far the first trailer showed.

14 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good points.

I think once they actually show a good portion of Eddy as Venom in the trailer things will get more exciting.

I think a lot of fans wanted to see Eddy in the Venom costume than so far the first trailer showed.

Someone told me there was a fellow that brought his comfort pig to the movies, and it knew immediately this was a Venom teaser. Squealed like crazy when Tom Hardy started jumping around on the table.

When he asked what was wrong, it tapped on the floor 'V-E-N-O-M!' Or it could have been 'V-E-G-E-T-A-B-L-E'. The little thing was dancing around so much.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good points.

That's going to be a pretty significant reveal, I'm not surprised at all they didn't blow their wad so far in advance.  Somebody pointed it out to me, I didn't even notice it at first, but when Brock is laying on the MRI at the end, squirming and screaming, you can see, for one split second, the symbiote going up the veins in his neck before they cut to black and show the Venom face and the title logo.  

Pretty sweet.  

-J.

On 2/19/2018 at 8:56 AM, paperheart said:

probably not the reaction they were going for...

I heard some whispering in my theater "Isn't venom with Spider-Man?"  I think there's gonna be a lot of confusion with this movie and that will probably negatively impact viewership.  But here's hoping I'm wrong.

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Someone told me there was a fellow that brought his comfort pig to the movies, and it knew immediately this was a Venom teaser. Squealed like crazy when Tom Hardy started jumping around on the table.

When he asked what was wrong, it tapped on the floor 'V-E-N-O-M!' Or it could have been 'V-E-G-E-T-A-B-L-E'. The little thing was dancing around so much.

B, you so crazay 

That trailer does not give me hope that this movie is anything other than a turd, and I am a Tom Hardy fan. 

Venom as a foil to Spider-Man makes for a good movie. Venom as a standalone is a serious uphill climb...and that trailer did nothing to erase the concern. 

49 minutes ago, october said:

That trailer does not give me hope that this movie is anything other than a turd, and I am a Tom Hardy fan. 

Venom as a foil to Spider-Man makes for a good movie. Venom as a standalone is a serious uphill climb...and that trailer did nothing to erase the concern. 

What, specifically, in that 1 minute, 15 second teaser screamed "turd" in your opinion ?

-J.

RUMOR: Here's How Tom Holland's Peter Parker Could Fit Into Sony's VENOM Movie

venom1.jpg

According to Screen Rant, they've heard that a scene was filmed inside an Atlanta building doubling as the Life Foundation featuring Riz Ahmed's Carlton Drake leading a field trip. While their source didn't see Tom Holland on set, the site believes that this could be where Peter will show up (Venom is set in San Francisco but the youngster's class traveled to Washington in Spider-Man: Homecoming).

The trailer for Venom made it clear that Eddie Brock doesn't gain the symbiote the same way he did in the comic books and that Spider-Man isn't involved with his origin story in any way. With that in mind, this cameo would be absolutely pointless but pretty much what fans have come to expect from producers like Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Yay, speculating is fun!

So here's mine:

This movie is coming out after Infinity Wars and Spider-Man is in that.  It's looking increasingly likely that this movie WILL tie into the MCU.  Spidey encounters the symbiote at some point in Infinity Wars, promptly gets rid of it and it attaches itself to the spacecraft that we see crashed in the Venom teaser. The symbiote is discovered and seized by LIFE Foundation which is doing research on human tissue/limb regeneration, etc.  and things get out of hand from there. This would be a combo origin of three different versions of the Venom symbiote.   

Easy peasy.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

9 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yay, speculating is fun!

So here's mine:

This movie is coming out after Infinity Wars and Spider-Man is in that.  It's looking increasingly likely that this movie WILL tie into the MCU.  Spidey encounters the symbiote at some point in Infinity Wars, promptly gets rid of it and it attaches itself to the spacecraft that we see crashed in the Venom teaser. The symbiote is discovered and seized by LIFE Foundation which is doing research on human tissue/limb regeneration, etc.  and things get out of hand from there. This would be a combo origin of three different versions of the Venom symbiote.   

Easy peasy.

-J.

You missed the part where it noted 'According to Screen Rant, they've heard that a scene was filmed inside an Atlanta building...'.

Not, "We are just going to toss out some wild guesses what could happen to insert Tom Holland in the movie, and hope it comes true."

Easy-peasy - when you read.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You missed the part where it noted 'According to Screen Rant, they've heard that a scene was filmed inside an Atlanta building...'.

Not, "We are just going to toss out some wild guesses what could happen to insert Tom Holland in the movie, and hope it comes true."

Easy-peasy - when you read.

"They've heard" being the operative phrase.  Still sounds like a rumour (speculation) to me.  Like I said we don't know how (or if) this ties into Infinity Wars.  Parker showing up for a scene in Venom may very well be a consummation of something that is seen in Infinity Wars (which was the basis of my speculation). For all we know that scene in Venom could be LIFE Foundation extracting the symbiote from him.  Or not. We don't know and I don't expect Marvel or Sony to spill the beans this early, though it is imminently encouraging that it is looking like this will indeed tie to the MCU.  We just don't how yet.   But speculation based on 1 minute teasers and rumours should be fun for the next eight months. ;)

-J.