• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I see eyes that look too much like visor lenses and teeth that scream for a dental check up.  I don’t know man, I still think Venom is looking too fake in the early going.

He looks exactly how every artist has drawn him since TMc.

What are you looking for a well dressed preppy that has perfect teeth symbiote alien? (shrug)

I think its looks as perfect as perfect can get.

58 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

What are you looking for a well dressed preppy that has perfect teeth symbiote alien? (shrug)

Yes, he should be wearing Doc Martens and an Abercrombie sweatshirt.  

15 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Am I the only one who sees it ? :cloud9:

-J.

139717_20080828012002_large.jpg

Screenshot_20180426-215651.png

Looks fake. 

Just saw the trailer today at the beginning of Avengers.  I'm not impressed.  I'm a big Venom fan but much of what I saw in that trailer left me speechless in a bad way.  Apparently so was the audience.  Normally you hear a lot of cheers, claps and whistles for character favorites especially from a young crowd.  Nothing.  could hear a pin drop.  Tom's dialogue with Venom seems awkward.  The whole new origin story for Venom is played out and lacks the same tortured souls background you got when Brock and the symbiote meet. 

But the thing that looked the worst was the CGI.  Dang. Ugh, c'mon man if there's one thing you need to get right these days it's the right combination of fluidity/matting/texture/transition.  I'm hoping it was just the trailer but the venom tentacle/spikes that come out look like stop-start animation and like they just appeared out of thin air.  The final face shot could have been done so much better.  Too shiny, heads too small, eyes look fake, overall it is easy to tell that it's either a mask or is CGI.  I'm going to see it but my expectations are officially lowered.  I fear this will be a one and done movie.  It may manage to get a sequel out of it possibly with a Spider-Man tie in but I see it being rebooted in 3 years. 

Spoiler

If they had not rushed it, they could have even tied Spider-Man in a little better.  Imagine Infinity War was the new Secret Wars where Spider-man's Iron suit got destroyed after battling Thanos and was able to find a new suit ala symbiot on Titan/Nowhere/any random planet and brought it back for the battle on earth with Thanos, then as Thanos kills Peter-Parker, the symbiot (having not had enough time to fully bond to Peter is left alone in New York to morn the loss of his host and moves on to another. Boom cameo of Venom and Infinity War tie-in.  Then run with a fast forward timeline of Venom but I'd be satisfied if they just fixed the CGI at this point.

3 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

+1

Yup. 

-J.

21 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

This s**t is gonna be LIT!!!!

It's fire:banana:

This is one of my most anticipated movie of the year.  So far I like everything I've seen.  I'm gonna go bananas once Carnage shows up.  I hope his costume looks like dripping blood(thumbsu.

1 minute ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This is one of my most anticipated movie of the year.  So far I like everything I've seen.  I'm gonna go bananas once Carnage shows up.  I hope his costume looks like dripping blood(thumbsu.

The venom voice is brilliant isn't it?! This last preview image from entertainment weekly is so much more on point with the larger eyes & wider mouth . I was a bit lukewarm on the first CGI preview but i :cloud9: this one. So far so good 

Are you positive Carnage will be in this? I wish they'd offer up a tease or something of the red symbiote! I don't think I can wait till October :whee:

28 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Carnage shows up in Venom movie as cameo?

21 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Are you positive Carnage will be in this? I wish they'd offer up a tease or something of the red symbiote! I don't think I can wait till October :whee:

21 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Carnage shows up in Venom movie as cameo?

Wait, is there a chance he won't be in the movie???  I know it is following the Lethal Protector story line but it would be a missed opportunity if they don't include Carnage.  It would be simple...have one of the 5 individuals tested on be Cletus.

Plus, everybody expects to see Carnage.  If he doesn't show up I'm going to be disappointed:sumo:.

15 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Wait, is there a chance he won't be in the movie???  I know it is following the Lethal Protector story line but it would be a missed opportunity if they don't include Carnage.  It would be simple...have one of the 5 individuals tested on be Cletus.

Plus, everybody expects to see Carnage.  If he doesn't show up I'm going to be disappointed:sumo:.

Either way will be surprised or disappointed.  I hope Carnage WILL show up!

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

It's supposed to be a mixture of lethal protector and planet of the symbiotes from mid 90's. I think if the Carnage symbiote was going to have a part we'd of seen something by now. A photo still or something. More pressing for me is how they're gonna get around not including Spiderman? 

Anyways I believe there's going to be a sequel. I recall reading about Hardy being under contract for 2 Venom movies

5 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

It's supposed to be a mixture of lethal protector and planet of the symbiotes from mid 90's. I think if the Carnage symbiote was going to have a part we'd of seen something by now. A photo still or something. More pressing for me is how they're gonna get around not including Spiderman? 

Anyways I believe there's going to be a sequel. I recall reading about Hardy being under contract for 2 Venom movies

Spider-man/Peter Parker is rumored. 

Woody Harrelson is playing Cletus but don't expect him to get the symbiote in this movie.  Figure the main villain of this movie will be Scream/ Riz Ahmed /Hybrid.  I expect a Catnage tease maybe after end credits or something like that.  

So many interesting possibilities.   I'm glad they're playing it close to the vest.

-J.

2 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I don't dare say anything, as I tend to under-estimate Venom's potential audience after Topher Grace's stint.

Could become a modest hit.

For the Spidey fans. :wishluck: 

I am thinking a modest hit also. It should do over a 100 million its first weekend. I am kinda of putting this movie in the upcoming Aquaman movie, Predator reboot, and Halloween reboot category. They should all do well enough for a sequel, but  nobody should be expecting Black Panther or Avengers Infinity War numbers. Not even Deadpool 2 numbers.

:preach:

41 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am thinking a modest hit also. It should do over a 100 million its first weekend. I am kinda of putting this movie in the upcoming Aquaman movie, Predator reboot, and Halloween reboot category. They should all do well enough for a sequel, but  nobody should be expecting Black Panther or Avengers Infinity War numbers. Not even Deadpool 2 numbers.

:preach:

This movie is a hard R body horror genre pic (I absolutely love that they had the balls to actually do the character this way).  I seem to recall the budget being in the 50-70MM range.  It doesn't need to get anywhere near black panther, avengers money to turn a tidy profit.  

Aquaman, with its massive 160MM++ budget is another story....

-J.