• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
2 2

1,187 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

You hid a link to a rumored spoiler article:facepalm:.  This is equivalent to using 5 layers of condomslol.

I stopped reading after the first sentence:facepalm::insane:...

"An entire plot outline for Venom has found its way online so we've broken it down for you to delve into all the biggest twists and turns and it's fair to say that if this is accurate, the movie will bomb!"

Just now, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

You hid a link to a rumored spoiler article:facepalm:.  This is equivalent to using 5 layers of condomslol.

I stopped reading after the first sentence:facepalm::insane:...

"An entire plot outline for Venom has found its way online so we've broken it down for you to delve into all the biggest twists and turns and it's fair to say that if this is accurate, the movie will bomb!"

I didn’t feel like dealing with some fragile individual crying about it...so better safe than annoyed. xD

No idea if it’s credible or not...take it or leave it.

19 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I didn’t feel like dealing with some fragile individual crying about it...so better safe than annoyed. xD

No idea if it’s credible or not...take it or leave it.

All you can do is share these things. Reality doesn't come around until the movie releases.

Thanks for sharing.

It occurs to me that there are so many superhero movies that it is at least possible that a studio would do the following:

1) Take source material that is lacking a key element (such as Venom without Spider-man)

2) Create a low-budget movie, designed to earn money only in the first weekend, netting a profit because of the low budget

3) Use the outrage from fans and discouragement with the movie to fuel the support for a reboot.

4) Reboot the character in a new movie for fans with the key element added and increase the budget (Venom, awesome graphics, with Spider-man).

5) Rake. It. In.

Shortly after rumors began to emerge that Cheers and The Hunger Games veteran Woody Harrelson will play the villain in Sony's forthcoming Venom movie, the character's creator expressed measured enthusiasm for the report.

Entertainment reporter Matt Adler tagged Carnage co-creator David Michelinie on Facebook, asking for his opinion on the casting report. After admitting that he had initially assumed the rumors to be an April Fools Day hoax, Michelinie seemed to warm to the idea.

"Harrelson's a good actor, and has a decent range," Michelinie answered. "He's played nutso characters in the past, but I guess we'll have to wait until October to see just how far he can ramp it up. Fingers crossed."

They need to cast someone who can play totally unhinged in the role of Kasady.  I don’t see Woody pulling that off.  DaFoe could do it, but he’s already been the Green Goblin of course.  

Bryan Cranston or John Malkovich could both do it but are too old for the role.  However...Aaron Paul perhaps?

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

They need to cast someone who can play totally unhinged in the role of Kasady.  I don’t see Woody pulling that off.  DaFoe could do it, but he’s already been the Green Goblin of course.  

Bryan Cranston or John Malkovich could both do it but are too old for the role.  However...Aaron Paul perhaps?

So then you didn't see Natural Born Killers?  Or even War for the Planet of the Apes? (shrug)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

9 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

So then you didn't see Natural Born Killers?  Or even War for the Planet of the Apes? (shrug)

-J.

hm 

17 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

Agree 100% with you. Woody was awesome in NBK (and in Zombieland) and would be perfect as Cletus Kasady. (thumbsu