• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

This was a hilarious Twitter exchange.  Elizabeth Banks nailed it.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/elizabeth-bankss-r-rated-joke-new-venom-trailer-ignites-celebrity-twitter-conversation-004119697.html

Love Tom Hardy, but the CGI on Venom just looks off.  Here's my other issue, Spider-Man is integral to the look of Venom because he wore the symbiotic costume first.  What's the explanation for his resemblance to Spidey in this film if that never happens?

2 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

This feels like it's going to be a late night B movie on cable within a couple of years.

The vibe I get from this movie so far is it's going to make Spider-Man 3 look like Othello.

Topher Grace was cast as Eddie Brock.  TOPHER.  FREAKIN'.  GRACE.  Nothing, in every sense of the word, can ever be worse than Spider-Man 3.

10 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

spider-man-dance.gif

Here's the Spider-man 3 writer's meeting transcript...

You know what's popular?  That 70s Show.

Hmmm... what if we cast Eric Foreman as Venom?

Great idea, but how does that make it 70s?

We'll get Spider-man to do a Saturday Night Fever thing.

Brilliant!

You know what else was popular in the 70s?  The band Wings... Paul McCartney.

Maybe we could get him to play Sandman?

We checked, he won't do it.  Well we need someone from Wings.

I think Thomas Hayden Church was in Wings.

Bingo!  You guys are worth every penny of that $50 we paid the writer staffing agency.

Edited by valiantman

So Spider-Man is not going to be in this? Which means the origin will be completely re-worked? 

Why do studios do this stuff? What not make a proper Spider-Man movie and keep most of the Venom origin intact? So lame, but still has to be better than the Spidey 3 trainwreck. :sick:

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Here's the Spider-man 3 writer's meeting transcript...

You know what's popular?  That 70s Show.

Hmmm... what if we cast Eric Foreman as Venom?

Great idea, but how does that make it 70s?

We'll get Spider-man to do a Saturday Night Fever thing.

Brilliant!

You know what else was popular in the 70s?  The band Wings... Paul McCartney.

Maybe we could get him to play Sandman?

We checked, he won't do it.  Well we need someone from Wings.

I think Thomas Hayden Church was in Wings.

Bingo!  You guys are worth every penny of that $50 we paid the writer staffing agency.

You sir, have won the internet today.

Brock in the comic book wasn't the brightest bulb and was mislead and slowly corrupted by the alien so maybe this acting is spot on for the character.  Unfortunately it comes across as very poor dialog and very chopping in the trailer.

2 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

Here's my other issue, Spider-Man is integral to the look of Venom because he wore the symbiotic costume first.  What's the explanation for his resemblance to Spidey in this film if that never happens?

Eddie/Venom discuss only hurting bad guys like a superhero.  Venom says, "Like Spider-man? We do whatever we want."

Boom, Spider-man connection.  Venom chooses to look like Spider-man... but in black.

Geezus Criminey.

When has it ever said that Spider-Man or Peter Parker is definitely not in the film or that there is no point or connection made in this film or another one  (like, say Infinity Wars, for example)? Right now Tom Holland has a rumoured credited appearance on IMDB so there isn't even a smidgen of solace to be taken in that and in that the industry consensus is that he is in fact in the movie in some capacity.  lol

People whine and cry when there's too much shown in a trailer.  Then they whine and cry when they think not enough is shown.  

So you have two options from where I sit-  either be patient and wait for the movie and enjoy what Sony and Marvel have in store.  Or don't.  But right now I'm seeing a very fine attempt at putting something great together, starring multiple Oscar and Golden Globe nominated actors, so when someone spouts about the "acting", I'm sorry but I just have to roll my eyes.  :eyeroll: And the nearly 25MM YouTube views of the trailer in the first 24 hours tells me this is going to kill it at the box office.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Maybe it's because I prefer villains to superheroes.......

I actually don't give a :censored: that Spider-Man isn't in the movie.  Tom Holland's Spider-man while I enjoy it would be a B cover boy next to Tom Hardy's acting skills.

Sony and Marvel can figure out in the years to come to do a crossover movie.  Do you guys really want a PG-13 Spider-man to lose badly to an R-rated Venom in his 2nd movie with Tom Holland?  This is where I actually and rarely agree with a movie studio. 

Tom Holland's Spider-man is years away from being good enough to fight Venom.  So let Venom kill Carnage, and let this new Spider-man grow up and then fight Venom in 2024 not 2019. 

If you grew up in the 80's/90's and didn't get excited seeing Tom Hardy talking to himself (well Venom), and both saying "We are Venom!" then do me a favor and go kill yourself.

That is all.

My spin on it is I see this Venom movie series more like The Nightmare On Elm Street,Halloween and Friday the 13th movie series. This will be more like horror franchise than super hero franchise.

I see at least a trilogy from them and not all will be revealed in the first picture which will leave plenty of time for a later Spider-Man appearance.

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I actually don't give a :censored: that Spider-Man isn't in the movie.  Tom Holland's Spider-man while I enjoy it would be a B cover boy next to Tom Hardy's acting skills.

Sony and Marvel can figure out in the years to come to do a crossover movie.  Do you guys really want a PG-13 Spider-man to lose badly to an R-rated Venom in his 2nd movie with Tom Holland?  This is where I actually and rarely agree with a movie studio. 

Tom Holland's Spider-man is years away from being good enough to fight Venom.  So let Venom kill Carnage, and let this new Spider-man grow up and then fight Venom in 2024 not 2019. 

If you grew up in the 80's/90's and didn't get excited seeing Tom Hardy talking to himself (well Venom), and both saying "We are Venom!" then do me a favor and go kill yourself.

That is all.

+1

Love it. lol:applause:

-J.

11 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

That is all.

Hear freakin’ hear !!