• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

Looks good, but it also doesn't look mainstream.  As a fan of the character I'm looking forward to it, but I know he's too bizarre and violent for most people.  I guess that's fine as long as they didn't spend too much on the budget.

56 minutes ago, valiantman said:

A few of the scenes look very Spawny... from 20 years ago. hm

spawn-movie.png

Hadn't thought about that movie in a while, but when I just looked it up I see they're planning a new version of it to be released next year with Jamie Foxx as Spawn.

I also hadn't thought about until now just how much of the symbiote powers McFarlane carried over into the behavior of Spawn's costume.

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

...and needless to say he was absolutely giddy about the dumpster fire trailer for Aquaman which looked like it consisted of leftover footage from Finding Dory and a Starkist Tuna commercial.   lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/07/21/trailer-aquaman-dc-films-james-wan-jason-momoa-wonder-woman-shazam/amp/

Geez this guy is such an obvious hack.

-J.

My 19 year old daughter cannot wait for this. Today she made us all watch the trailer. My wife is intrigued as Tom Hardy goes a long way with the women folk round here. Eye candy in comics means female but the comic movies feature the men for sure. Anyway, I don't like the look at all myself and my wife said he sounds like Bane, meaning unintelligible. They have to fix his voice to be more clear. I don't think this will be a middle ground moneymaker, big hit or big miss all the way. 

I'm intrigued by the symbiotic character and how it may play out, but the CGI looks awful, especially the scenes where Venom interacts with real people. There's a clear visual disconnect between the CGI character and the real life ones. We've been soooo spoiled with high-end CGI that we cringe when something less than perfect comes out!

Pre-movie verdict: I'll not pay to see this in the theatre. I'll catch it online one day for much cheaper.

Multiple images are right out of certain comic book panels.  The glimpses of Venom brutality and when the symbiote "fixes" one of Brock's broken legs looks especially bad-azz. Should be lots of sweet symbiote action (I count four different ones for sure from the trailer). Looking forward to this with a vengeance now more than ever.  :cloud9:

-J.

I never thought it was possible to do a Venom film that more than half of people would enjoy.  Everything that has made the character popular with comic fans absolutely, positively would never appeal to a mass audience.  The trailers appeal to me as a fan of the character, but they confirm my suspicions that most people were never going to like a movie about Venom.

Without spidey or that universe...it's just another alien movie. CGI could be better... I'm looking forward to watching it, but it won't be in the theater. Tom Hardy is an X-factor that could swing this in a positive direction, although can't say I'm feeling his accent...feels distracting.

Edited by Callaway29

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I never thought it was possible to do a Venom film that more than half of people would enjoy.  Everything that has made the character popular with comic fans absolutely, positively would never appeal to a mass audience.  The trailers appeal to me as a fan of the character, but they confirm my suspicions that most people were never going to like a movie about Venom.

I think the nearly 100 million trailer views on YouTube challenge this assumption.  :whistle:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/venom-movie-trailer-views/amp/

-J.

venom came way after my days of reading new comics were over, and thus i know about him only vaguely, apart from the spidey 3 treatment.  i've been very iffy about it, but this latest trailer has tipped me toward a theater viewing.   i'll have very low expectations, however.

Wow, the CGI for Venom looks crappy. I really hope it is cleaned up for the final release. Otherwise, it does look like outdated effects from Spawn. That would be brutal.