• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, bababooey said:
8 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Did Brock say "mask" and venom say "coffee" when he transitioned? (shrug)

I think the response was "copy"'

The swat/security team said "Mask" and "Copy" preparing for the gas canisters.  Eddie says "Mask" and Venom says "Copy" as a sort of whatever-you-can-do-I-can-do-better to the armed guys.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:23 PM, Jaydogrules said:

+1

If all you can say is something stupid and negative after watching that, then you are obviously not a fan, are just a perpetual hater, and really, what's the point of even posting in the thread.  As a fan, I'm seeing everything I would hope for in a Venom flick, and just cannot wait until next Friday. :headbang:

-J.

Some people just get off on being unimpressed. They'll find something wrong with it no matter what. For my part I definitely have my objections but I'm willing to give it a fair shot. The CGI looks killer except for the spiderless chest of course. That last clip was lit as hell :banana:

On 9/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, Jaydogrules said:
On 9/28/2018 at 7:18 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I’ll be spending next weekend at A Star Is Born instead.

Gonna have to take your man card for that one buddy.  :roflmao:

mancardrevoked.jpg

Yeah, because we should all be mad excited about a PG-13 Venom flick. Has Sony learned nothing from the successes of Deadpool and Logan?

We're four days away and it's still under embargo.

To quote one Forbes contributor who witnessed a recent Tom Hardy interview in which even he was lukewarm on the film:

"Everyone seems to be bracing for disappointment with this movie, including Tom Hardy, and you’d think that Sony would be keen to go the critically-acclaimed Logan route and tell a violent, mature story about an antihero that rips people’s heads off. But we’re going to get the kid-friendly version, like watching Wolverine bloodlessly penetrate the ribcage of his enemies in the old X-Men films. Ugh."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2018/09/30/looks-like-venom-is-going-to-be-toothless/?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_content=1810405140&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesMainFB#2235ffde6e40

8 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Everyone seems to be bracing for disappointment with this movie, including Tom Hardy

I've been bracing for disappointment for almost a decade since Sony first announced a Venom solo movie.  I love him, but he's never seemed like a mass-appeal character because he's too bizarre and violent for most people.

20 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I've been bracing for disappointment for almost a decade since Sony first announced a Venom solo movie.  I love him, but he's never seemed like a mass-appeal character because he's too bizarre and violent for most people.

Deadpool???

Logan (a man with claws that kills a lot of people)

John Wicklol (kills people with a pencil)

11 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:
34 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Deadpool???

Logan (a man with claws that kills a lot of people)

John Wicklol (kills people with a pencil)

Extreme violence mostly cuts out women and older/younger audiences with the examples you listed being included.  That still leaves a huge audience though as those movies illustrated.  Venom's bizarre design is what mostly worries me among men and women who like this kind of thing.  I find the idea of the alien symbiote and its powers to be the most unique and compelling thing about him, but I've consistently found that most people just don't agree and can't relate to the symbiote concept.  Kids tend to be open to unique ideas like that but older audiences definitely don't and I doubt women will either.  I'm hoping this movie proves me wrong about that, but I'm not expecting it to.

22 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

I think the special effects look cheap. I watch a lot of Hong Kong movies from 1985-95, so I'm used to it, but it seems weird in an American movie from 2018.

And his head looks too small.

PG-13? Good luck.

My thoughts exactly.

I like the CGI on the symbiote in both Spider-Man 3 and these trailers.  Given that it's a fictional creature that we have nothing in nature to compare it to, what are you guys expecting?  It looks in both films about what I'd expect based upon the way Venom is drawn in the comics.

36 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I like the CGI on the symbiote in both Spider-Man 3 and these trailers.  Given that it's a fictional creature that we have nothing in nature to compare it to, what are you guys expecting?  It looks in both films about what I'd expect based upon the way Venom is drawn in the comics.

Looks too shiny.

7 minutes ago, bane said:

Looks too shiny.

I assume they modeled the appearance on that of black oil which also looks shiny.  Below is a pic of the character Strawberry Fields covered in oil from the Bond flick "Quantum of Solace."  Why's that a problem?

800?cb=20121125235410

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I assume they modeled the appearance on that of black oil which also looks shiny.  Below is a pic of the character Strawberry Fields covered in oil from the Bond flick "Quantum of Solace."  Why's that a problem?

800?cb=20121125235410

Just my opinion, it just looks odd to me.