• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad Business? UPDATE: I'm making the purchase

114 posts in this topic

Did it have White pages, if so you are obligated to buy it.

If not, then do whatever you want - I only care about White pages.

Racism! Where's those "OUTRAGE" sketches Cho did? I could use one now! :D

If I were the seller I would have not assumed a deal was made. Buyer asked to be given till tomorrow because he had another selling making offers.

To me this is clearly the buyer kicking tires, I wouldn't have assumed there was any commitment from the buyer until hearing back in 24 hours.

Here's a question, should the seller be obligated to hold the book for the buyer? Again if I were the seller and someone else came to me to buy the book, and pay immediately, I'd have sold under the assumption the buyer in this case hadn't committed to making the purchase.

(shrug)

Congratulations!!! You're the arbitrary opinion!!! You win a giant portion of eye rolls and wank motions!!

In a nutshell:

Me:

I'd like to be a buyer at around $125.

Seller:

125 sounds reasonable so we have a deal. I recently sent one slab to a collector and I think the postage cost around $15. That included signature confirmation. How about we split the postage.

Me:

Everything should be fine *******. Give me until tomorrow please.

This is a deal struck

(thumbs u

REALLY???

First you make a lower offer and the seller accepts, then you try to cheap out on postage and the seller offers to eat half, then you try to stall for payment and then tell the guy you found it cheaper somewhere else??? Why did you waste his time?

You made a deal, MAN-UP. I just hate buyer's like you. You probably just got put on a lot of ignore lists...

Transaction has been completed, just wanted to update everyone.

Thanks for everyone's input, except those of you judgmental types. For a cool as a community this is, we have our fair share of individual_without_enough_empathys, and I certainly may be one in many of your eyes, so be it.

REALLY???

First you make a lower offer and the seller accepts, then you try to cheap out on postage and the seller offers to eat half, then you try to stall for payment and then tell the guy you found it cheaper somewhere else??? Why did you waste his time?

You made a deal, MAN-UP. I just hate buyer's like you. You probably just got put on a lot of ignore lists...

I certainly do enjoy you judgmental keyboard warrior types. Thank you for taking time to look down upon my poor wicked soul from your Ivory Tower. I am absolutely positive that your a lovely individual who is beyond reproach. Begging your forgiveness sire.

Buyer's like you that buy book's and then change you're mind's really create's lot's of problem's.

REALLY???

I certainly do enjoy you judgmental keyboard warrior types. Thank you for taking time to look down upon my poor wicked soul from your Ivory Tower. I am absolutely positive that your a lovely individual who is beyond reproach. Begging your forgiveness sire.

Obviously he's unaware you decided to do the right thing a day before his post.

Man who is unsure about right thing to do and asks for advice do right thing.

-The Sphinx

Stanley, I don;t think that you understand that the comments are not personal in nature but a critique and an expressed frustration over the practice of backing out of deals in general.

You committed yourself to buying the book. You buy the book. By not doing that you have tied up the item in limbo whereas it could have been sold to someone else. When people do things like what you initially did there is mass frustration because you are wasting people's time. If you commit to buying something you should honor your commitment unless you can demonstrate that the item you are about to purchase is fraudulent in some way shape or form.

ex- Seller tries to pass you off a first print and you discover it is a second or something like that.

Stanley, I don;t think that you understand that the comments are not personal in nature but a critique and an expressed frustration over the practice of backing out of deals in general.

You committed yourself to buying the book. You buy the book. By not doing that you have tied up the item in limbo whereas it could have been sold to someone else. When people do things like what you initially did there is mass frustration because you are wasting people's time. If you commit to buying something you should honor your commitment unless you can demonstrate that the item you are about to purchase is fraudulent in some way shape or form.

ex- Seller tries to pass you off a first print and you discover it is a second or something like that.

Social Gold post buzz (thumbs u Spot on.

I have also seen many mention of personal lists here on the boards. here is one that came about on quite a crazy night

Thanks for this little nugget. It was like watching a great zombie movie.

With nitrous lol

I have also seen many mention of personal lists here on the boards. here is one that came about on quite a crazy night

With nitrous lol

Don't stay away for so long! That was gold...

:D

-slym

With nitrous lol

Don't stay away for so long! That was gold...

:D

-slym

(thumbs u

Miss a lot of people too. :hi: