• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Ryan has died

12 posts in this topic

Reports are that Paul passed away over the weekend.

This hobby is ultimately nostalgia, and I first started reading FF during the DeFalco/Ryan run as a kid. I don't think anyone would hold it up as the greatest FF run ever, but it sure is my favorite for a lot of seminal reasons.

I never got to thank him for all the joy he gave me as a kid, and Paul will always be the artist I consider as my favorite on the book. My condolences to those close to him, and it seems to have been a life well-lived.

14302108309_f766da086f_b.jpg

Cc9TettWIAA3_Yk.jpg

Cc9TettWAAUqJZG.jpg

Rest In Peace Paul Ryan.

This may have been my first EVER piece of OA. I was stunned to see Paul Ryan sketching at a NYC show in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I frantically got in line and pulled a backing board from a comic. Mr. Ryan was a gentleman and a wonderful artist who could really tell the story visually.

BTW: THAT IS A PERFECT REED IN MY OPINION!

I enjoyed his run on the Fantastic Four, Avengers and West Coast Avengers. Two project of his that really stand out is Marvel Graphic Novel: Squadron Supreme: Death of a Universe and Amazing Spider-Man #21, wedding of MJ and Peter. I had a couple of pages from the wedding issue.

Back in 2007 I was the one time I met Paul at Wonder Con. Here is a really nice Marvel Girl iPod piece for me. He will be missed.

marvelgirl_pryan.jpg

Cc9TettWIAA3_Yk.jpg

Cc9TettWAAUqJZG.jpg

Rest In Peace Paul Ryan.

This may have been my first EVER piece of OA. I was stunned to see Paul Ryan sketching at a NYC show in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I frantically got in line and pulled a backing board from a comic. Mr. Ryan was a gentleman and a wonderful artist who could really tell the story visually.

BTW: THAT IS A PERFECT REED IN MY OPINION!

Awesome! :cloud9: