• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay TMNT #1 (raw)

10 posts in this topic

I came across a raw copy of TMNT #1 on Ebay recently...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201411469776?_trksid=p2055359.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does anyone have any thoughts on this particular issue?

A book for that kind of dough you need to see it in hand. 2c

I'd have no qualms about buying it from eBay. The book is a first print. The problem is the price. It's priced at 8.5 graded level, when in reality the ceiling on that book is a 7.5. There are significant spine tics, a busted up top right corner etc. Not to mention the cut on the book is not the greatest (you can see that the line up is a bit off center, slanting upwards. I'd be comfortable putting in a $1500 offer, but no chance in hell would I hit the BIN.

I'd have no qualms about buying it from eBay. The book is a first print. The problem is the price. It's priced at 8.5 graded level, when in reality the ceiling on that book is a 7.5. There are significant spine tics, a busted up top right corner etc. Not to mention the cut on the book is not the greatest (you can see that the line up is a bit off center, slanting upwards. I'd be comfortable putting in a $1500 offer, but no chance in hell would I hit the BIN.

Yes, it's priced very high (it's eBay, after all), but with this book and Albedo #2, you're taking a chance that the book has been touched up along the spine with black marker. The pics help, but you'd either need to examine the book in hand or rely on the Seller's return policy. Here, there's a stated "no return" policy, so you'll have to rely on eBay's Buyer Protection if there's restoration. Technically, the Seller doesn't say anything about restoration, so the Buyer Protection program may or may not help you.

Lastly, the Seller seems to have sold some pretty high end comics, and all of those have been CGCed. So why isn't this book slabbed, when the others were?

Not slamming the Seller or calling a scam, but it raises questions that I'd ask before pulling the trigger (assuming the price was acceptable).

I agree with this. There's very little risk as a buyer on ebay...no matter the return policy of the seller. The problem here is the asking price is just too high. Give it a few weeks and this will come down and sell for $2500 or so.