• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel's First One-Shot...?

11 posts in this topic

lol...splitting hairs....I would think a one-shot is a one-shot....reprint or not.

Tales of Asgard #1 reprints stories from JIM but yet I would think it is still considered a "one-shot".

It's totally a one-shot. The indicia even says "Published one-shot." Even though two sentences later, it says "Vol. 1 No. 1, October 1968..."

I'd never noticed the "Published one-shot." line before. I wonder if it's in MSH.

According to Mike's Amazing World:

• Marvel Super-Heroes Annual #1 cover dated October 1966 (reprints DD#1, Avengers#2 and Marvel Mystery#8)

• America's Best TV Comics #1 cover dated November 1967 (Spidey and FF stories are abridged reprints of ASM#42 and FF#19)

• Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1 cover dated April 1968 (all-new Iron Man and all-new Sub-Mariner stories)

• Tales of Asgard #1 cover dated October 1968 (reprints Tales of Asgard back-ups from JIM#97-JIM#106)