• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Animation OA?

16 posts in this topic

I know the term "original art" is pretty broad... Anyone else collect original art other than comics and sketches?

Just curious if these are just lumped in with "OA" or if anyone else is focused solely on one of these categories? Here are some other things I collect:

1. Original covers to pulps

2. Animation cells

3. Color guides

4. Art from promotional or design from comics artists non-comic related

5. Art from movie posters

6. Pop art

7. Paintings in general

What drives your collection?

Anyone else collect original art other than comics and sketches?

Absolutely everything* that appeals to me (not always visual, often contextual), that I can afford.

*It's all art imo, I don't draw genre lines in the sand.

Anyone else collect original art other than comics and sketches?

Absolutely everything* that appeals to me (not always visual, often contextual), that I can afford.

*It's all art imo, I don't draw genre lines in the sand.

:applause:

I collect lots of non comic art.

I don't consider this animation art, but I do have a number of paintings used for box art for home releases of classic cartoons. Here's a Thundercats (pic 1), sample stamp (pic 2), home release (pic 3). Terrific full size painting.

IMG_3278_zpstmfyw7ff.jpg

back_zpstv6rj7bi.jpg

The_Ghost_Warrior_VHS_zpsxc1jeejz.jpg

I love 80s and 90s cartoon animation cells. I have some ExoSquad, Conan the Adventurer, X-Men Animated Series, and others. Roughs and final versions.

I love exo-squad! That series truly did not get as much acclaim as it deserved. I was able to buy some cell-type stuff from Will Meugniot so that scratched my itch.

Malvin