• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FABULOUS FRIENDLY FAWCETTS, ALL KINDS, STARTING WITH WHIZ

71 posts in this topic

Whiz Comics #49.

1943, CC Beck.

There is a 2” piece of tape inside the cover at the bottom nicely sealing what looks like a 1” spine split. I also think the staple may have been replaced, there is a I see staple holes. There is a piece missing at the top of the spine. I don't know what to call it, but it's pretty in a mylar, I'm going to make it a bargain. $25 Sold to Robot Man

whiz%2049_0001.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i284/skypinkblu/

Whiz Comics #49.

1943, CC Beck.

There is a 2” piece of tape inside the cover at the bottom nicely sealing what looks like a 1” spine split. I also think the staple may have been replaced, there is a I see staple holes. There is a piece missing at the top of the spine. I don't know what to call it, but it's pretty in a mylar, I'm going to make it a bargain. $25

whiz%2049_0001.jpg

I'll take it!

Whiz Comics #49.

1943, CC Beck.

There is a 2” piece of tape inside the cover at the bottom nicely sealing what looks like a 1” spine split. I also think the staple may have been replaced, there is a I see staple holes. There is a piece missing at the top of the spine. I don't know what to call it, but it's pretty in a mylar, I'm going to make it a bargain. $25

whiz%2049_0001.jpg

I'll take it!

Thanks Robot :) Sold

Whiz Comics #49.

1943, CC Beck.

whiz%2049_0001.jpg

I'll take it!

Thanks Robot :) Sold

Thanks for going a little later for us west coasters with day jobs Sharon!

Whiz Comics #56 Postage Stamp Cover, 1944 CC Beck

There is a very small tear on the first page (about 1/4”) and slight tanning inside the cover. Small upper right and a few hard to see spine lines. Grade is Fine- (5.5) OSG in Fine is $90 Bin is $70

whiz%2056_0001.jpg

whiz%2056_0002.jpg

Whiz Comics #64

1945 CC Beck

There is a spine roll, a 2” tear on an inside page (the paper is there, it's just torn) and a small tear (about 1/2”) midway through the spine, small tear on the right edge. The paper is nice, Grade is Good. OSG in Good is $28 bin is $22.00

sold to Norrin's lawyer

whiz%2064_0001.jpg

whiz%2064_0002.jpg

Whiz Comics #113, 1949 Kurt Schaffenberger Basil Wolverton.

Nice color, nice pages!

Metro has one listed as Rare. A Good/VG, for $42 this is much nicer than Gd/VG, I'd say about Fine-, there is a small tear on the upper back cover, about ¼ “ and a piece bent over on the back. The paper is there, I'm not going to try to unbend it. Fine Guide is $87 Bin is $65

Sold to Norrin's lawyer

whiz%20113_0001.jpg

whiz%20113_0002.jpg

Whiz #154 Kurt Schaffenberger

This is the very scarce next to last issue, with a monster ( I was thinking of putting it in the Horror thread;)

Centerfold is detached at the top staple. There is a moisture stain upper left, and a tape pull. Some smallish creases and there is as small tear on the back cover. Grade is Very Good-. VG Guide is $90 Bin is $80

whiz%20154_0001.jpg

whiz%20154_0002.jpg

Someone asked about Mac Raboy, I know I have a few...this is one.

America's Greatest Comics #2,

Mac Raboy 1942. This is a 15 cent book from 1942 which of course, was rare. It's a 100 page book, which was also uncommon. There is some creasing, but all in all, it's in decent shape with with light, supple pages. I'm not sure if they are white, but if they are not, they are close. I'm going to call this a GD/VG (but a nice one;), OSG in VG is $290 Bin is $175

americas%20greatest%20marvel%202_0001.jpg

americas%20greatest%20marvel%202_0002.jpg

America's Greatest Comics #7

CC Beck 1943

This is a duplicate isssue, I sold one the other day. There is a piece of tape at the bottom of the spine and the cover is partially detached from the cover. I think the glue dried out.

I described the last one as a Good and the Bin was $50, this is the same. $50

americas%20greatest%20marvel%207a_0001.jpg

americas%20greatest%20marvel%207a_0002.jpg

America's Greatest Comics #6

1943, CC Beck.

This one looks better, less creasing, but some pages (it's complete) are detached. I'm not sure what to grade it, but I'll take $45 for it.

americas%20greatest%20marvel%206_0001.jpg

americas%20greatest%20marvel%206_0002.jpg

I'll take it!

Thanks, Robot, sold:)

Captain Marvel Jr #51, Bud Thompson, 1947

One of my Favorite covers in the series, I love the Sea Monster. There is a complimentary stamp and a few spots with moisture (you can see the staining inside). Pages are nice.There is a penciled square at the top and a price (no, I'm not charging that price. Some very light creasing.

Great color.

Grade is VG (because of the moisture spots inside) Guide is $54 Bin is $50

Sold to Norrin's lawyer

captain%20marvel%20jr%2051_0001.jpg

captain%20marvel%20jr%2051_0002.jpg

Captain Marvel Jr #90 1950 Kurt Schaffenberger

A very nice copy with brilliant colors and gloss. There is a tiny chip at the lower right, and a few small spine lines, tiny bit of foxing at the top. Grade is Fine +, but Fine/VF wouldn't shock me;). Fine Guide is $72 VF guide is $140 Bin is $75

Sold to MrMyst

captain%20marvel%20jr%2090_0001.jpg

captain%20marvel%20jr%2090_0002.jpg

One Mary Marvel in the Group. #24. The clown! Nice color, gloss and pages, a ½ “ tear and some light creasing, more near the spine. It's a little too nice for a VG, so I'll call it a VG+.

OSG $46 in VG and $69 in Fine. Bin is $55 Sold to Inaflash

mary%20marvel%2026_0001.jpg

mary%20marvel%2026_0002.jpg