• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FABULOUS FRIENDLY FAWCETTS, ALL KINDS, STARTING WITH WHIZ

71 posts in this topic

Whiz Comics #64

1945 CC Beck

There is a spine roll, a 2” tear on an inside page (the paper is there, it's just torn) and a small tear (about 1/2”) midway through the spine, small tear on the right edge. The paper is nice, Grade is Good. OSG in Good is $28 bin is $22.00

whiz%2064_0001.jpg

whiz%2064_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Still Available

One discount, 10% off, but I will lower one or two of the prices later, maybe.

page 2

Whiz #40 1943 CC Beck Nice color, nice pages, some creasing near the spine. This is a single staple book. There is what I believe might be a small chew at the bottom of the spine. It looks a lot better, but I'm going to call this a VG because of the “chew”. VG Guide is $82 bin is $70

Whiz Comics #45, CC Beck. 1943

Nice color, nice pages, there is a tiny piece missing at the end of the spine and a very slight Vertical bend, there is staining on the back, but it's pink, so it's fine;). Grade is VG+ (for the back staining, it' looks nicer in the front) OSG in Fine is $111, Bin is $55

page 3

Whiz Comics #56 Postage Stamp Cover, 1944 CC Beck

There is a very small tear on the first page (about 1/4”) and slight tanning inside the cover. Small upper right and a few hard to see spine lines. Grade is Fine- (5.5) OSG in Fine is $90 Bin is $70

Whiz #154 Kurt Schaffenberger

This is the very scarce next to last issue, with a monster ( I was thinking of putting it in the Horror thread;)

Centerfold is detached at the top staple. There is a moisture stain upper left, and a tape pull. Some smallish creases and there is as small tear on the back cover. Grade is Very Good-. VG Guide is $90 Bin is $80

page 4

America's Greatest Comics #2,

Mac Raboy 1942. This is a 15 cent book from 1942 which of course, was rare. It's a 100 page book, which was also uncommon. There is some creasing, but all in all, it's in decent shape with with light, supple pages. I'm not sure if they are white, but if they are not, they are close. I'm going to call this a GD/VG (but a nice one;), OSG in VG is $290 Bin is $175

America's Greatest Comics #7

CC Beck 1943

This is a duplicate isssue, I sold one the other day. There is a piece of tape at the bottom of the spine and the cover is partially detached from the cover. I think the glue dried out.

I described the last one as a Good and the Bin was $50, this is the same. $50

Master Comics #15, 1941 Mac Raboy. Staring Bulletman and Bulletgirl (I think it's her 3rd appearance)

I see 4 pieces of tape on the inside of the cover spine. Looks like they are closing about 3.5” total of cover splits. The pages are nice, the color is wonderful. There is a chew (I hope it was bugs) on the upper right, a small corner is off the back cover. The cover is attached at both staples and so is the centerfold. This is not an easy book to find. Grade is Good+, because of the splits and the chew, but it presents much nicer than that. Bin is $265

Wow Comics #2. 1941,

The Hunchback begins, noted in Overstreet as

Scarce I don't know who the cover artist is, the GCD suggests Jack Binder on the Mr Scarlet story, so maybe it was him.

Nice color, nice pages, and tape on the spine. The top staple is attached to the cover, the bottom one is not, but there is a piece of tape there. There is a crease down the front that may be hard to see in the scan. I can't really tell how much of the book's spine was split without pulling it apart, but it looks like less than half. It looks nice in a Mylite2. Grade is Good, Bin is Good guide is $174 Bin is $200

Minute Man The One Man Army.

This was in my “maybe I should send it to CGC pile” but I figured I'd show it here. First of all, you most probably have not seen one, it's not easy to find. Published in 1941, the listed artist is Charles Sultan.

It has beautiful color and gloss, the pages are about off white, supple. There is a tiny tear upper right at the side of the plane's tail. There is also an impact or some other kind of slight “smush” lower left (more on the back) and small staple tears in the back.Please remember none of my raw books have been pressed.

My guess is Fine/VF (7.0 ) . Fine Guide is $639, VF Guide is $1363 . Bin is $850.00

Awesome books! Looking forward to GGA Horror Saturday. Like PB&J!

Thanks...I never liked the Peanut butter side, lol.

:o What? I'm shocked that you didn't like this side. Peanut butter is like the dark force once tasted in sandwich *yum*

With sliced banana pieces throw in makes a even better snack.

Looking forward to Saturday to see what you got in GGA horror stash. :baiting:

I'm also looking forward to the horror stuff. :)

I'm going to have to go through my boxes again and find more, lol.

Sharon: Try and have some mercy on us West Coast boardies and don't start too early. Horror is right in my wheelhouse. Skip the PM's and pound 'em on. Should be a bloodbath!