• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FABULOUS FRIENDLY FAWCETTS, ALL KINDS, STARTING WITH WHIZ

71 posts in this topic

Master Comics #15, 1941 Mac Raboy. Staring Bulletman and Bulletgirl (I think it's her 3rd appearance)

I see 4 pieces of tape on the inside of the cover spine. Looks like they are closing about 3.5” total of cover splits. The pages are nice, the color is wonderful. There is a chew (I hope it was bugs) on the upper right, a small corner is off the back cover. The cover is attached at both staples and so is the centerfold. This is not an easy book to find. Grade is Good+, because of the splits and the chew, but it presents much nicer than that. Bin is $265

master%20comics%2015_0001.jpg

master%20comics%2015_0002.jpg

Wow Comics #2. 1941,

The Hunchback begins, noted in Overstreet as

Scarce I don't know who the cover artist is, the GCD suggests Jack Binder on the Mr Scarlet story, so maybe it was him.

Nice color, nice pages, and tape on the spine. The top staple is attached to the cover, the bottom one is not, but there is a piece of tape there. There is a crease down the front that may be hard to see in the scan. I can't really tell how much of the book's spine was split without pulling it apart, but it looks like less than half. It looks nice in a Mylite2. Grade is Good, Bin is Good guide is $174 Bin is $200

wow%20comics%202_0001.jpg

wow%20comics%202_0002.jpg

Last but certainly not least.

Minute Man The One Man Army.

This was in my “maybe I should send it to CGC pile” but I figured I'd show it here. First of all, you most probably have not seen one, it's not easy to find. Published in 1941, the listed artist is Charles Sultan.

It has beautiful color and gloss, the pages are about off white, supple. There is a tiny tear upper right at the side of the plane's tail. There is also an impact or some other kind of slight “smush” lower left (more on the back) and small staple tears in the back.Please remember none of my raw books have been pressed.

My guess is Fine/VF (7.0 ) . Fine Guide is $639, VF Guide is $1363 . Bin is $850.00

minuteman%201_0001.jpg

minuteman%201_0002.jpg

Wow Comics #2. 1941,

The Hunchback begins, noted in Overstreet as

Scarce I don't know who the cover artist is, the GCD suggests Jack Binder on the Mr Scarlet story, so maybe it was him.

Nice color, nice pages, and tape on the spine. The top staple is attached to the cover, the bottom one is not, but there is a piece of tape there. There is a crease down the front that may be hard to see in the scan. I can't really tell how much of the book's spine was split without pulling it apart, but it looks like less than half. It looks nice in a Mylite2. Grade is Good, Bin is Good guide is $174 Bin is $200

wow%20comics%202_0001.jpg

wow%20comics%202_0002.jpg

Great book Sharon! :applause:

One Mary Marvel in the Group. #24. The clown! Nice color, gloss and pages, a ½ “ tear and some light creasing, more near the spine. It's a little too nice for a VG, so I'll call it a VG+.

OSG $46 in VG and $69 in Fine. Bin is $55 Sold to Inaflash

mary%20marvel%2026_0001.jpg

mary%20marvel%2026_0002.jpg

:frustrated:

Thank you...there are still a lot of nice books left. I think I'm going to do the list of what's still available tomorrow, though, it's been a long day.

Let me know if you want an invoice.

I'm planning 2 more sales this week. Probably Thurs or Friday, Jimmy Olsen #3-10, I can't find the 2 and I'm not selling the 1 (before people ask;) If you want to wait that's fine.

Then Sat Morning IF I can get scanning done, Horror and Good Girl Art. I understand they don't go together, but I guess they do, kind of;)

Then unless I decide to sell some OA, I'm done for a few months at least...

Captain Marvel Jr #51, Bud Thompson, 1947

One of my Favorite covers in the series, I love the Sea Monster. There is a complimentary stamp and a few spots with moisture (you can see the staining inside). Pages are nice.There is a penciled square at the top and a price (no, I'm not charging that price. Some very light creasing.

Great color.

Grade is VG (because of the moisture spots inside) Guide is $54 Bin is $50

captain%20marvel%20jr%2051_0001.jpg

captain%20marvel%20jr%2051_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Whiz Comics #113, 1949 Kurt Schaffenberger Basil Wolverton.

Nice color, nice pages!

Metro has one listed as Rare. A Good/VG, for $42 this is much nicer than Gd/VG, I'd say about Fine-, there is a small tear on the upper back cover, about ¼ “ and a piece bent over on the back. The paper is there, I'm not going to try to unbend it. Fine Guide is $87 Bin is $65

whiz%20113_0001.jpg

whiz%20113_0002.jpg

Whiz Comics #113, 1949 Kurt Schaffenberger Basil Wolverton.

Nice color, nice pages!

Metro has one listed as Rare. A Good/VG, for $42 this is much nicer than Gd/VG, I'd say about Fine-, there is a small tear on the upper back cover, about ¼ “ and a piece bent over on the back. The paper is there, I'm not going to try to unbend it. Fine Guide is $87 Bin is $65

whiz%20113_0001.jpg

whiz%20113_0002.jpg