• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE Brian Bolland Joker sketches

28 posts in this topic

Sean you got an e-mail that I didn't get. I only knew of the sale from what Joseph posted here and then on the CAF sale terms, when they went up. Nothing to that effect in either place.

Maybe my memory is faulty. I see that he sent a message out to the comicart-l yahoo group about the sketches but it doesn't say anything about the email addresses.

What he said was that if you message him through CAF you should check the box to share your email address with him so that he could email you back rather than have to message you back through CAF (explaining he could do the former from his phone whereas he needed his desktop for the latter).

Thanks to Rotembk for putting that forward.

Yes, I have really tried to emphasise to people that if you don't tick that box when messaging through CAF (or type your email addy) then I can't see your email and therefore can't reply unless I'm on my home computer.

I believe I did reply to everyone who emailed me about Bolland sketches even if just to confirm that they have all sold. Those who were successful were contacted first.

It has also been pointed out to me that I could have simply stipulated in advance that only the successful would receive an email. I wasn't keen on that approach because I didn't think there'd be all that many and because it seems a bit impersonal. Although after e-mailing umpteen unsuccessfuls on Friday night and Saturday morning I could be persuaded...

Dear all

I apologise that I wasn't able to update the Bolland CAF entries on Friday to show those sold or on hold until later in the evening .

I've explained to a couple of people privately but just for the record:

I had a work meeting crop up Friday afternoon and rather than release the sketches earlier or re-schedule the sale I thought it better to release at the scheduled time of 4pm and deal with emails and updating later. Of course I hadn't anticipated the response I got which was a little overwhelming ( if gratifyingly enthusiastic).

I did update all the entries once I got home Friday evening and start emailing the unsuccessful requests. If not for the meeting I'd have been in a position to update earlier and people wouldn't have been in limbo for those hours for which I apologise.

Thank you to everyone who emailed and bought sketches, as I say, it was a pretty overwhelming response.

Someone did apparently complain that the sale did not start at the scheduled time. I can confirm it did start at 4pm sharp (UK time) as announced.

I wanted to pre-announce the time to give fans a fair shot. It probably would have made my life simpler to just upload them at a convenient time.