• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels Ebay order after 1-bid auction won/paid-for

51 posts in this topic

He could do this with every other book he sells if he doesn't like the price. No one is ever going to know.

If this seller lists this same book again in the next month I will definitely come out from behind my keyboard, tie a camouflage rag around my head and open up a can of virtual internet-whoopass on that seller! :sumo:

I accidentally relist things I've already sold on a regular basis. It's a function of Turbo Lister, which sucks. It doesn't know how to make sure your unsold item from December isn't also your sold item from January.

So, if he's got inventory control issues, it might just end up relisted. That happened to me recently, and the buyer was unreasonable about it, and wouldn't believe what actually happened, even though I immediately took the relist down.

Richie Muchin ( tomorrowstreasures ) did it to me a couple weeks ago

I bought a book for full ask on eBay. It was $495. The same book on his site was $595 so he probably screwed up by $100 on the price

I bought, paid immediately, and he refunded the money. No excuse, no apology, no nothing.

Just how some are. It's quite sad though

Okay so I did some digging and found that this seller had sold the exact same book (and used exact same picture/listing/title etc.) back in December.

So, if it was an auto-relist glitch, why would it auto-relist three months later? Weird.

I've heard of Turbo Lister before, so if you say you've had similar glitches with it also RMA, I take your word for it.

I had bought Donald duck Y set with envelope. I really want the envolope 125.00 bid last min and won. I got a cancel 2 days later saying my husband wanted to keep. I never new all these years that if the item does not sell for what you want you can cancel after its sells.

In the new eBay world the fact that he cancelled the sale will hurt his seller's standing while the negative feedback actually doesn't effect it at all.

As a selle I've made this mistake before. Turbot lister can be a tricky beast when your invenotory grows. Sell enough and you screw up on occasion.

]In the new eBay world the fact that he cancelled the sale will hurt his seller's standing while the negative feedback actually doesn't effect it at all.

[/b]

As a selle I've made this mistake before. Turbot lister can be a tricky beast when your invenotory grows. Sell enough and you screw up on occasion.

Spot on - cancelling a sale hits your power-seller status etc.

A neg does nothing except affect feedback %

I don't know if you have ever had 1000+ listings, but it does happen that auto-relist will sometimes do this. It's hard to keep track when it does.

Importantly he refunded and apologized.

If he lists again manually at a higher price, then that's a different story...

Okay so I did some digging and found that this seller had sold the exact same book (and used exact same picture/listing/title etc.) back in December.

So, if it was an auto-relist glitch, why would it auto-relist three months later? Weird.

I've heard of Turbo Lister before, so if you say you've had similar glitches with it also RMA, I take your word for it.

Because if it got "recycled", it may have been relisted a couple of times already...or, it could have just been waiting, because eBay does allow a certain amount of time for relists.

Yesterday I won an auction where I was the only bidder. It was a pretty good price for a rising value book.

Today seller cancels order and says:

"Hello, I am so unbelievably sorry. I have been having what has become beyond frustrating issues with my listing program and items that i have not had in stock for months are some how resurfacing in my auctions. I am working tirelessly to fix the issue, yet it seems that i can not seem to keep up as yet another item has slipped through the cracks. i feel awful that this has now happened again and i have to inform you that this item has not been in my stock for quite sometime. I am immediately refunding you and will unfortunately have to cancel the transaction. I hope that you understand and can accept my apology. With about 1000 items to go through i am doing my best to double check my listings/stock. Thank you and i hope you have a great day"

:censored:

I want to leave Negative FB but it says I have to wait a week.

Question - how often does this happen to YOU as a seller that you supposedly keep listing items for sale on ebay months after you ran out of stock?

AND - will I be able to leave negative fb for this "powerseller" for wasting almost a week of my time? (I could have been bidding on other books at that were selling at the same time but decided to ride this one instead).

:mad:

Just remember the certification code if it was a slabbed book. You could see if it surfaces anywhere if you check other websites often.

Yesterday I won an auction where I was the only bidder. It was a pretty good price for a rising value book.

Today seller cancels order and says:

"Hello, I am so unbelievably sorry. I have been having what has become beyond frustrating issues with my listing program and items that i have not had in stock for months are some how resurfacing in my auctions. I am working tirelessly to fix the issue, yet it seems that i can not seem to keep up as yet another item has slipped through the cracks. i feel awful that this has now happened again and i have to inform you that this item has not been in my stock for quite sometime. I am immediately refunding you and will unfortunately have to cancel the transaction. I hope that you understand and can accept my apology. With about 1000 items to go through i am doing my best to double check my listings/stock. Thank you and i hope you have a great day"

:censored:

I want to leave Negative FB but it says I have to wait a week.

Question - how often does this happen to YOU as a seller that you supposedly keep listing items for sale on ebay months after you ran out of stock?

AND - will I be able to leave negative fb for this "powerseller" for wasting almost a week of my time? (I could have been bidding on other books at that were selling at the same time but decided to ride this one instead).

:mad:

Beore you neg him, consider that he could be telling you the truth and he also refunded you within a day.

It can happen, easily to a seller who sells a lot of books on ebay and has auto relist in place...he could have also sold his last copy at a show and forgotten to update his eBay inventory.

A friend of mine, who has about 2500 feedbacks, been on eBay for years and has either 99% or 100% positive feedback and was a "Top Rated Seller" intil he had some problems filling orders.....he recently got hit with a designated seller rating of "below average", because he couldn't fill some orders.

eBay cut his listing capabilities down from around $50,000 a month, to $10,000 a month.He told me he normally has $30,000 worth of books on eBay....eBay removed a large percentage of his BIN listings, basically cut him off at the knees.

You should post up the auction listing so we can see his feedback and the book.

In the new eBay world the fact that he cancelled the sale will hurt his seller's standing while the negative feedback actually doesn't effect it at all.

+1

I'd leave the negative- of course that is coming from someone that has never left a negative though. Hears why:

We seem quick to tell people to let things go, but did you have a positive experience with this seller? You seem pretty annoyed. Then do what your gut tells you. The seller screwed up and the negative will make him learn from it.

Sure it could have been his listing program, but at the end of the day people need to be warned. It might force the seller to do better next time.

Remember- many of the people here are sellers and would warn against leaving negative feedback.

Have you lost money? Been seriously ripped off? Scammed? Seller refuses to budge?

That's when you leave negs.

No other time.