• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller cancels Ebay order after 1-bid auction won/paid-for

51 posts in this topic

Have you lost money? Been seriously ripped off? Scammed? Seller refuses to budge?

That's when you leave negs.

No other time.

So not when seller reneges on the deal? Ignores emails? I have a similar ebay issue on the go right now.

Won an auction for very close to starting bid, paid right away. That was a week ago. I've had no communication from the seller. I emailed a question about shipping it 3 days ago and no reply. Like, crickets. His feedback seems stellar, at least a year back, and he's a long time member, so what gives? How long does he get to ship/respond?

I can only think he's unhappy with the sale price. I wonder to seek a refund but I want the book!

Have you lost money? Been seriously ripped off? Scammed? Seller refuses to budge?

No other time.

He lost out on a product he thought he purchased. That is pretty disappointing.

This eBay article seems to imply you should not leave feedback:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/FEEDBACK-ETIQUETTE-netiquette-POSITIVE-neutral-NEGATIVE-/10000000000079805/g.html

No other time.

So not when seller reneges on the deal? Ignores emails? I have a similar ebay issue on the go right now.

Won an auction for very close to starting bid, paid right away. That was a week ago. I've had no communication from the seller. I emailed a question about shipping it 3 days ago and no reply. Like, crickets. His feedback seems stellar, at least a year back, and he's a long time member, so what gives? How long does he get to ship/respond?

I can only think he's unhappy with the sale price. I wonder to seek a refund but I want the book!

Oh if seller does not send item and ignores-you have been ripped off and neg away.

But wait a while people do get admitted to the hospital.

No other time.

I have had a few experiences where the seller on eBay has seemingly disappeared. Then, they reappear, apologize for the delay and send the comic.

You might end up on a blocked bidder list.

"I had problems with my turbo lister-not my fault and explained to buyer and apologized but they still gave me a neutral-avoid."

"I had problems with my turbo lister-not my fault and explained to buyer and apologized but they still gave me a neutral-avoid."

Kav- what would happen if a seller here listed an item for sale, sold it, then realized the next day he'd already sold it? Imagine too if he'd sold it for more. Can you see the pitch forks?

yep

but I could see pitchforks in virtually any scenario

This place loves pitch forks

Oh my, you might get a neutral Avoid!!! The big scarlet N!!

Even if you have over a hundred items listed is it not the sellers responsibility to know what he/she is selling? Is it too hard to cancel an auction?

As a buyer I wouldn't want my money tied up on an auction for a book that doesn't exist. Maybe the seller should stop using turbo lister if they continue to have problems with it. (shrug)