• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HORROR GOOD GIRLS are just SHOCKED;) 10% off ALL RAW BKS UPDATE PG 22

249 posts in this topic

Ghost #10, Fiction House 1954. Whitman cover.

Great color and gloss, w/ow pages. There is a line near the spine on the front and some very small tears on the open edge of the back cover. The book lays very flat. The front is very nice, there is a small amount of gloss off the back cover. Just the kind of book you want, the flaws are on the back. Front looks a little better, but I'm going to grade it a VG/F.

There are none on eBay, or metro. This is a very popular title. Last sale on GPA was a 6.0 for $277 in 2014. One sale on Heritage in 2003. Both issues are scarce, but I think this one is slightly harder to find than the 3. My asking price on the Bin is $450

ghost%20comics%2010_0001.jpg

:takeit:

ghost%20comics%2010_0002.jpg

Jungle Girl #1,

Fawcett, One shot, 1942.

This was the first comic to devote the entire contents to a movie serial adaptation.

The book was a one shot, there is a picture of Kay Aldridge as “Nyoka”, she played her in the serial Perils of Nyoka. The series continued as Nyoka, Jungle Girl.

The book has nice color, nice pages, and a spine roll, some small tears, one page has a 1” tear in the margin, and the first page has a 1x4” piece missing at the right, slightly affects the art. They are listed for crazy prices on eBay. I'd call this about a Good/VG (not sure how to grade for the missing piece)

Bin is $165.00 for a reasonable copy.

jungle%20girl%201_0001.jpg

jungle%20girl%201_0002.jpg

jungle%20girl%20spalsh%201a.jpg

jungle%20girl%201%20splash.jpg

Jungle #75, Fiction House , 1946.

Nice copy with two small cover spine splits, one at each end and a very hard to see sub crease. There is also a slight spine roll. Great color, pages are ow/cr. Grade is VG/Fine OSG in Fine is $72. Bin is $55

jungle%2075_0001.jpg

jungle%2075_0002.jpg

Thanks, Greg, sold!

Ghost #10, Fiction House 1954. Whitman cover.

Great color and gloss, w/ow pages. There is a line near the spine on the front and some very small tears on the open edge of the back cover. The book lays very flat. The front is very nice, there is a small amount of gloss off the back cover. Just the kind of book you want, the flaws are on the back. Front looks a little better, but I'm going to grade it a VG/F.

There are none on eBay, or metro. This is a very popular title. Last sale on GPA was a 6.0 for $277 in 2014. One sale on Heritage in 2003. Both issues are scarce, but I think this one is slightly harder to find than the 3. My asking price on the Bin is $450

ghost%20comics%2010_0001.jpg

ghost%20comics%2010_0002.jpg

Thanks Tony, Sold...both front AND back, lol. (worship)

Manhunt #6, Magazine Enterprises 1948. Ogden Whitney cover, LB Cole art inside.

I guess this is more of a crime than horror, sometimes they seem to overlap, but it's certainly a scarce book, and there is GGA right on the cover. There are only 4 on the census.

Only 1 on GPA, none on eBay, none on Metro. Last sale on HA was 2006, so I'm just going to guess here.

The color and pages are nice. There is some rust on the staples, some foxing on the back and it's not totally flat. It was probably stored improperly years ago. Pages are nice, off white and supple. Some small tears on the right edge, long crease on front cover. I bought it on the boards a long time ago as a GD/VG, I'm going to stick with that grade.

(because it's scarce and has a very cool cover. Plus this great Sci Fi story;) Bin is a drop over OSG at $75.00 Norrin's lawyer (worship)

manhunt%206_0001.jpg

manhunt%206_0002.jpg

manhunt%206%20inside.jpg

I guess this is more of a crime than horror, sometimes they seem to overlap, but it's certainly a scarce book, and there is GGA right on the cover. There are only 4 on the census.

Only 1 on GPA, none on eBay, none on Metro. Last sale on HA was 2006, so I'm just going to guess here.

The color and pages are nice. There is some rust on the staples, some foxing on the back and it's not totally flat. It was probably stored improperly years ago. Pages are nice, off white and supple. Some small tears on the right edge, long crease on front cover. I bought it on the boards a long time ago as a GD/VG, I'm going to stick with that grade.

(because it's scarce and has a very cool cover. Plus this great Sci Fi story;) Bin is a drop over OSG at $75.00

manhunt%206_0001.jpg

manhunt%206_0002.jpg

manhunt%206%20inside.jpg

(because it's scarce and has a very cool cover. Plus this great Sci Fi story;) Bin is a drop over OSG at $75.00

manhunt%206_0001.jpg

manhunt%206_0002.jpg

manhunt%206%20inside.jpg

Sold! Thanks, Greg !

Monster #1, Fiction House 1953. Dr Drew.

Another book that is hard to find...not that any of these are terribly easy;)

Great color, ow pages. Name on the back cover, some spine wear and a lot of NCB creasing. Grade is VG- OSG VG is $110 Bin is $100

Norrin's lawyer (worship)

monster%201_0001.jpg

monster%201_0002.jpg

Mysteries Weird and Strange #10 , Superior , 1954. Severed hand cover!

There is a note, printed in Canada, but that's where I think all the Superior books were printed. 5 on GPA.

Great color and gloss, some creasing upper right. A few small tears on the open edge back cover and a crease. Grade is VG/F, Bin is $75

Sold to the HumanTorch.

mysteries%2010_0001.jpg

mysteries%2010_0002.jpg

Monster #1, Fiction House 1953. Dr Drew.

Another book that is hard to find...not that any of these are terribly easy;)

Great color, ow pages. Name on the back cover, some spine wear and a lot of NCB creasing. Grade is VG- OSG VG is $110 Bin is $100

monster%201_0001.jpg

monster%201_0002.jpg

Dagar #22, 1949, Fox Publications. Sexy lady cover;) Nice color, pages are ow/cr, There is a #10 written in pencil on Penny's thigh., small split at the top of the spine, the top staple is detached from the book and the bottom one is barely hanging on. ¾ “ split at the bottom of the spine. The small corner at the bottom right is there, just folded. The name Charlene is written in pencil in the “A”. The back is in decent shape (better than the front. Grade is Good+ Bin is $50.00

dagar%2022_0001.jpg

dagar%2022_0002.jpg

Here is one that is a little different.

Punch Comics #13, Chesler 1945, white pages. Classic Cover. There are the names of 4 Chesler Artists on the cover.

Nice color, pages are ow and supple, it feels very solid, there is a 1.5” cover spine split at the top. Grade is VG- (for the split) OSG in VG is $190 Bin is $175

punch%2013_0001.jpg

]punch%2013_0002.jpg

Dagar #22, 1949, Fox Publications. Sexy lady cover;) Nice color, pages are ow/cr, There is a #10 written in pencil on Penny's thigh., small split at the top of the spine, the top staple is detached from the book and the bottom one is barely hanging on. ¾ “ split at the bottom of the spine. The small corner at the bottom right is there, just folded. The name Charlene is written in pencil in the “A”. The back is in decent shape (better than the front. Grade is Good+ Bin is $50.00

dagar%2022_0001.jpg

dagar%2022_0002.jpg

Sold, thank you! Jeremy!

Purple Claw #1, 1953 Minoan Press. Woman being clunked cover;) Metro has it listed as scarce. The cover has great color, The pages are OW, there are 2 spine splits, the one at the top is a little more than 1 inch and goes through all the pages for about ¼ “. The pages are not brittle. The bottom has the same split and it goes through the pages about 1/2”. The top staple is barely attached.

Grade is Good, OSG in Good is $37, bin is $40.00

Sold to Soft-Serve T (worship)

purple%20claw%201_0001.jpg

purple%20claw%201_0002.jpg

Punch Comics #13, Chesler 1945, white pages. Classic Cover. There are the names of 4 Chesler Artists on the cover.

Nice color, pages are ow and supple, it feels very solid, there is a 1.5” cover spine split at the top. Grade is VG- (for the split) OSG in VG is $190 Bin is $175

punch%2013_0001.jpg

]punch%2013_0002.jpg

punch%2013_0001.jpg

]punch%2013_0002.jpg

Sold, thanks Greg!

punch%2013_0001.jpg

]punch%2013_0002.jpg

:cry: