• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HORROR GOOD GIRLS are just SHOCKED;) 10% off ALL RAW BKS UPDATE PG 22

249 posts in this topic

Black Cat #30, Harvey. 1951 Lee Elias

This is the first book in the horror series. Although Linda is on the cover and on the first page, she is not in the stories, they are all horror.

The book has nice color, some gloss and nice pages, but there is a 1” tear on the bottom that goes through the book. I bought it as a vg, but it's lower than that again not that easy to find. Good price is $38, Bin is $50.

Sold to Annihilus @10% off

black%20cat%2030_0001.jpg

black%20cat%2030_0002.jpg

The Dead Who Walk NN Realistic 1952

Beautiful cover, with bright colors, pages are in the OW range.

There are a few small spine lines/ticks, a small light stain in the “A” (in Dead) and a very small tear above that. Grade is Fine -, and this is a scarce book. A 4.5 sold for $414 last summer. Bin is $525.00

dead%20who%20walk_0001.jpg

dead%20who%20walk_0002.jpg

I'll have 3 slabs up tonight, this is the first, the other two are at the end.

Ghost Rider 7, Magazine Enterprises, 1952, D. Ayers art, CGC 4.5

OW/W (this book was pressed by Joey Post)

Great cover and there are only 7 on the census. Bin is $250

ghost%20rider%207%20001.jpg

ghost%20rider%207b%20001.jpg

Jumbo #164, Fiction House Ghost Gallery Cover. 1952.

GGA Ghosts and Clowns all on one cover.

The book has great color, nice gloss, pages are in the OW range. Some tiny spine lines and a hint of a bend upper right. It's nice.

Very Scarce, one on the census. 1 sale reported on GPA in 2004 8.5 for $300. This book is in the fine range, might be a drop better than fine, might be fine-, but I'm going to grade it as Fine. Bin is $450.00. Sold at 10% off to LarryW7. (worship)

jumbo%20164_0001.jpg

jumbo%20164_0002.jpg

(thumbs u Such a great book Sha!

Jumbo #164, Fiction House Ghost Gallery Cover. 1952.

GGA Ghosts and Clowns all on one cover.

The book has great color, nice gloss, pages are in the OW range. Some tiny spine lines and a hint of a bend upper right. It's nice.

Very Scarce, one on the census. 1 sale reported on GPA in 2004 8.5 for $300. This book is in the fine range, might be a drop better than fine, might be fine-, but I'm going to grade it as Fine. Bin is $450.00.

jumbo%20164_0001.jpg

jumbo%20164_0002.jpg

Miss America Vol 1 #3, Timely Comics 1945

This book is Scarce, there are none listed on GPA. It's the 2nd appearance of Patsy Walker, and has 2 Miss America stories. There are only 2 on the census and this should be the 2nd highest copy if you slab it.

Here is the quote from Heritage when they sold the Mile High.

These comics are delightful, and we almost never see any issue in any grade, so having the Mile High is amazing! The point of greatest significance is that this is the second appearance of Patsy Walker. In addition to the full-color comic section (which also has two Miss America 7-pagers) this 64-page comic "for teen-age girls about teen-age girls" has plenty of black-and-white content too. There's advice, fashion, paper dolls, and plenty of breathless Hollywood stuff including photos of Shirley Temple, Frank Sinatra, and many others. What we thought was a photo cover at first glance is actually a painting by Louise Altson! We thought it interesting that Jean Goodman (wife of Martin) was listed as editor. This book's cover's so fresh and the pages so nice that anyone who loves Timely will love it as much as we do

Condition, it was really nice, The bottom corner was hanging by a thread when I bought it, and I dislodged it when I scanned the book.. The piece will come with the comic, you can see it in the scan. There is another folded corner upper right and a name in pencil across the top. Even with the corner off, I'd say it's easily a Fine-, with nice page quality. Bin is $725.00

SOLD (worship)

miss%20america%20vol%201%203_0001.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203_0002.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203b.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203a.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203%20c.jpg

Seven Seas #3, Matt Baker, 1947, Leader Enterprises

This is a nice looking copy of a very in demand book. The colors are great, pages are in the white range, if not white, it's flat with 1 hard to see corner crease at the top and at the bottom of the front.

What appears to be a piece missing lower left is not, it's some bug damage, just the top layer is missing. You can see a little more damage inside the cover (see the pictures) but the book does not show it from the outside. Staples are dark, but don't look rusty. The damage is enough to keep the grade down, but it's still a VG+, might even be a drop higher. Bin is $450.00

seven%20seas%203_0001.jpg

seven%20seas%203_0002.jpg

Please click for bigger pictures

th_seven%20seas%204.jpg

th_seven%20seas%203.jpg

th_seven%20seas%202.jpg

th_seven%20seas%201.jpg

th_seaven%20seas%20d.jpg

th_seaven%20seas%20c.jpg

th_seaven%20seas%20a.jpg

Sheena #4, Fiction House 1948

Cover is a swipe of Jungle 20.

The book has great color, beautiful gloss, nice pages in the ow range and a spine roll. That's really the biggest flaw. Grade is VG/F. OSG is $114 in VG, and $171 in Fine Bin is $138

sheena%204_0001.jpg

sheena%204_0002.jpg

Sheena #7, Fiction House, 1950 Baker Art.

Great color, pages are in the white range. There is a tiny stain on the outer boarder of 2 of the inside pages.

There are some spine lines and some ncb bends, slight crease upper right. Tiny tears at the staples.

Grade is VG/F OSG in VG is $92, Fine is $138. Bin is $115

sheena%207_0001.jpg

sheena%207_0002.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9:

Miss America Vol 1 #3, Timely Comics 1945

This book is Scarce, there are none listed on GPA. It's the 2nd appearance of Patsy Walker, and has 2 Miss America stories. There are only 2 on the census and this should be the 2nd highest copy if you slab it.

Here is the quote from Heritage when they sold the Mile High.

These comics are delightful, and we almost never see any issue in any grade, so having the Mile High is amazing! The point of greatest significance is that this is the second appearance of Patsy Walker. In addition to the full-color comic section (which also has two Miss America 7-pagers) this 64-page comic "for teen-age girls about teen-age girls" has plenty of black-and-white content too. There's advice, fashion, paper dolls, and plenty of breathless Hollywood stuff including photos of Shirley Temple, Frank Sinatra, and many others. What we thought was a photo cover at first glance is actually a painting by Louise Altson! We thought it interesting that Jean Goodman (wife of Martin) was listed as editor. This book's cover's so fresh and the pages so nice that anyone who loves Timely will love it as much as we do

Condition, it was really nice, The bottom corner was hanging by a thread when I bought it, and I dislodged it when I scanned the book.. The piece will come with the comic, you can see it in the scan. There is another folded corner upper right and a name in pencil across the top. Even with the corner off, I'd say it's easily a Fine-, with nice page quality. Bin is $725.00

miss%20america%20vol%201%203_0001.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203_0002.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203b.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203a.jpg

miss%20america%20vol%201%203%20c.jpg