• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
34 34

4,203 posts in this topic

I have a question..

A buyer made an offer on a few books I had in a lot. He realizes after I accept he does not need one of them. I'm ok, happy to make the sale on the other two.  I come up with a price for the other two and tell him I will try to invoice him a reduced amount. I know I will be eating the ebay fees on the reduction. Whatever.

Ebay does not allow me to give a discount on the invoice that exceeds shipping. I know once upon a time I could adjust the price more than that.  How do I sent an invoice that does so?

1 minute ago, the blob said:

I have a question..

A buyer made an offer on a few books I had in a lot. He realizes after I accept he does not need one of them. I'm ok, happy to make the sale on the other two.  I come up with a price for the other two and tell him I will try to invoice him a reduced amount. I know I will be eating the ebay fees on the reduction. Whatever.

Ebay does not allow me to give a discount on the invoice that exceeds shipping. I know once upon a time I could adjust the price more than that.  How do I sent an invoice that does so?

Why don't you just close the auction and invoice him via Paypal? The seller protection would be warranted as well by Paypal, right?

So I know there has to be a way to do this, I just haven't stumbled across it yet.

I have several saved searches on eBay, and recently someone at Mile High Comics has been working overtime by listing a slew of overpriced Superman silver age books.  Is there a way to exclude a certain seller from showing up in your searches?  I'd hate to actually miss a book I would be interested in, after having to scroll through multiple issues of fair and good condition books at near mint prices.

At least they put their watermark at the bottom of the image so you know better than to even click on the listing to investigate further.

48 minutes ago, tomo said:

So I know there has to be a way to do this, I just haven't stumbled across it yet.

I have several saved searches on eBay, and recently someone at Mile High Comics has been working overtime by listing a slew of overpriced Superman silver age books.  Is there a way to exclude a certain seller from showing up in your searches?  I'd hate to actually miss a book I would be interested in, after having to scroll through multiple issues of fair and good condition books at near mint prices.

At least they put their watermark at the bottom of the image so you know better than to even click on the listing to investigate further.

See this link.  Have not personally tried it but may be what you're looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Block-a-Sellers-Listings-/10000000006694277/g.html

1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:

See this link.  Have not personally tried it but may be what you're looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Block-a-Sellers-Listings-/10000000006694277/g.html

Yeah, I saw that one.  I guess I was looking for a global setting that would block the seller automatically without having to check it each time I do a search.

14 minutes ago, tomo said:

Yeah, I saw that one.  I guess I was looking for a global setting that would block the seller automatically without having to check it each time I do a search.

I would use a function like that...or at least to block the repetitive listings I see that are annoying for whatever reason.

Another ebay thing that annoys the *#& out of me is when you look at a sold listing, you have to click on it again to actually see the sold listing.  They want to just sell you something similar instead of showing you what you want to see. 

21 minutes ago, tomo said:

4 minutes ago, GM8 said:

I would use a function like that...or at least to block the repetitive listings I see that are annoying for whatever reason.

So I stopped being lazy and googled it, and it looks like a conscious effort on ebay's end to not be able to automatically exclude certain sellers from your searches en masse.

I did go to a couple of my saved searches and edited them to include the aforementioned exclusion instructions, and it looks like it saves it in the search now.  Two down, 30 some other saved searches to go...

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, the blob said:

I have a question..

You can't.

You can either cancel the sale and relist at new price OR have him pay full amount and then do a partial refund.

So I have some slabs that I priced high; above market value but not in another stratosphere. I didn't care, I was willing to wait for the market to come up so I could sell at the price I wanted. I had the additional listings so I didn't care when they sold.

Fast forward 18 months and they are now close to market price and setting the ceiling for recently sold issues. After 18 months of being listed, no nibbles and few watchers. Now that they are the lowest BIN, I get all kinds of low-ball offers on listings without Best Offer options from low feedback buyers. At first I began explaining that this was the lowest price 8.0 (or whatever) on ebay, CL, CC, and MCS. Now I just say "Sorry, it's already the lowest price on the internet" without doing any more research. I don't know if that is condescending but I get tired of getting asked to sell a key book at less than auction prices. Where were these guys when these books were 30% above FMV?

I just bought a few ebay books, and got the oiliest package in history.  Other side was worse.  Comics were fine, just thought it was funny.

IMG_8569.jpg

18 minutes ago, revat said:

I just bought a few ebay books, and got the oiliest package in history.  Other side was worse.  Comics were fine, just thought it was funny.

IMG_8569.jpg

Was that motor oil or did someone use it as a tray for McDonald's?

8 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:
27 minutes ago, revat said:

IMG_8569.jpg

Was that motor oil or did someone use it as a tray for McDonald's?

I'm pretty sure it's not motor oil.  But there was no obvious smell (thought I didn't smell closely).  It did remind me of a fast food bag.  My first thought was vape oils, but there was no scent.  I guess I'll never know.

32 minutes ago, revat said:

I'm pretty sure it's not motor oil.  But there was no obvious smell (thought I didn't smell closely).  It did remind me of a fast food bag.  My first thought was vape oils, but there was no scent.  I guess I'll never know.

The Greasy Strangler?

So, I had a guy buy a $36 book from me on eBay and then 24 hours later ask to cancel it because he didn't have the funds...

I cancelled it, put him on my blocked buyers list and messaged him to tell him that I had done so for wasting my time.

His response:

"I see something in your future, its called negative feedback"

lol

Sold the book to the next highest bidder as a second chance offer for a dollar less. I love happy endings :cloud9:

I had another one recently. I had a book up with a BIN OBO. Guy tried to low ball me and I politely declined. He explained his side, I explained mine and then he proceeded to try and bully me into selling him the book at his price. Once he realized he wasn't going to get what he wanted he got a little nasty. I placed him on my blocked bidders list and forgot about it.

3 weeks later I get a message from the guy saying how he tried to bid on another book and it wouldn't let him. He ranted and raved about how I was being so unfair and unprofessional...my favorite part is he told me he contacted 200 eBay colleagues to tell them not to buy from me lol

Edited by Logan510

Question for you guys. I have a fair offer pending, but the potential buyer has what seem to me to be red flags. Either that or ebay has made some changes I'm unaware of, I don't sell very often and haven't in a couple years.

Basically, the buyer joined 1 month ago and has 100% feedback but it looks fishy to me. His profile shows 123 positives (an awful lot for a member who joined a month ago) from various sellers with high feedback,  but his feedback score is 84. Shouldn't these numbers match?

Also, there is no item information shown for any of the transactions. Isn't it supposed to show this for recent transactions?

I'd link the profile but am not sure about the etiquette on that. I'm not going to take the offer, but any insight on the 2 questions above would be much appreciated.

Don't know if it's still ebay policy, but in the past I can confirm that getting e.g. 5 positive feedbacks from the same person only counts as 1 more in feedback count (i.e. feedback count only includes first 1 per ebay member). 

I can only guess on other Q, and I agree with you, the Seller probably had another account if, out of the gate in only their first mos., they already accumulated that many positives/feedback count.  Either they transferred an existing account and changed ID (is it even possible?) or they were already set up as ebay seller and just started brand new with a massive listing and get that score by fulfilling over 100 transactions in first few week (entirely possible).

Recently purchased a book from ebay and was a little upset when i noticed that the seller shipped the comic via USPS Media Mail. I have had very bad experiences with Media Mail in the past so i usually try to avoid sellers that use the shipping method. Regardless package was delivered today and this is what showed up...

IMAG0939.jpg

To make things worse upon opening the package i was mortified to see that all the shipper did was throw the comic in the box and toss 3 bubble mailers on top as packaging material....one bubble mailer had a plastic bag stuffed inside for cushion i guess??? 

IMAG0941.jpg

Thankfully the comic was fine but holy hell the amounts of "no craps" given is amazing!

IMAG0942.jpg

Edited by DarkPhantom13

On 8/18/2017 at 6:35 PM, Logan510 said:

I had another one recently. I had a book up with a BIN OBO. Guy tried to low ball me and I politely declined. He explained his side, I explained mine and then he proceeded to try and bully me into selling him the book at his price. Once he realized he wasn't going to get what he wanted he got a little nasty. I placed him on my blocked bidders list and forgot about it.

3 weeks later I get a message from the guy saying how he tried to bid on another book and it wouldn't let him. He ranted and raved about how I was being so unfair and unprofessional...my favorite part is he told me he contacted 200 eBay colleagues to tell them not to buy from me lol

My standard response to these is, "I appreciate your interest but I am comfortable with the price point that I have this book at." and I am done with it. 

I received a few, "what is the lowest you will accept on this book" last month.  Mind you, I do not have a best offer on these books or other items. If I wanted to haggle and negotiate then I would open that option up.