• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:gossip: Not if it is carp no one else cares about.. (shrug)

And not if you don't read the auction description and have no idea what you're bidding on.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

But he's bidding on trenders!!!

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

And not if you don't read the auction description and have no idea what you're bidding on.

He will probably have to wash that taste out of his mouth with some Tide Pods....

48 minutes ago, the blob said:

Another thing is folks obsessing over tracking information. They do not understand that, depending on the post office, your package might not even get into the tracking system for 1-4+ days. My post office is really big, and they used to have at least 4-5 people scurrying around inside, now it is 2, tops. Stuff takes days to get scanned into tracking unless I wait on line for 40 minutes and hand it to a clerk. I tell this to people who are insisting I have not mailed a package yet, but it goes over their head. I have someone I KNOW is going to give me grief, even though like 2 hours after he accused me of not having mailed the package, all of a sudden tracking shows it is one state over from me. If ebay's estimated time for arrival has not come and gone, why are you harassing me?? And I send almost everything 1st class or priority, not media like most ebay sellers, so even if there is a delay in tracking info appearing, chances are it will get there a week sooner.

my post office has a kiosk i can scan in my prepaid label so it shows being dropped off. i never go to the counter. 

14 hours ago, NWOslave said:

my post office has a kiosk i can scan in my prepaid label so it shows being dropped off. i never go to the counter. 

That sounds cool! But I have a feeling it's like those stupid air pumps at the gas station...always 'out of order'.

14 minutes ago, Gaard said:

That sounds cool! But I have a feeling it's like those stupid air pumps at the gas station...always 'out of order'.

out of 100+ packages ive mailed out only twice were both down. one was a system wide issue the other legit broke. dont dismiss it based on assumptions and feelings. 

16 hours ago, the blob said:

I am trying to figure out what that means? Does he have some sort of bot bidding on stuff? Winning 300-400 auctions a month is like a full time job!

So I guess this does explain, somewhat, why the market has gone so bonkers lately: Scores of people with zero comic knowledge but with an eBay account buying everything that's "trending" to try and flip to other people, also with little comic knowledge, who are "investing"?! Definitely the beginning of a comic apocalypse. Not complaining right now, actually I'm thankful for it, especially last year for sure. Was unemployed for most of 2020 but made almost as much selling accumulated extra books on eBay as I would have at my previous job. Finally my rampant eBay overbuying the past 20 years paid off! :banana:

But make your money now I guess, I hope the correction doesn't happen anytime soon but buffoons winning 300-400 auctions a month without reading the description will hasten it for sure...

15 minutes ago, Inhuman Fiend said:

So I guess this does explain, somewhat, why the market has gone so bonkers lately: Scores of people with zero comic knowledge but with an eBay account buying everything that's "trending" to try and flip to other people, also with little comic knowledge, who are "investing"?! Definitely the beginning of a comic apocalypse. Not complaining right now, actually I'm thankful for it, especially last year for sure. Was unemployed for most of 2020 but made almost as much selling accumulated extra books on eBay as I would have at my previous job. Finally my rampant eBay overbuying the past 20 years paid off! :banana:

But make your money now I guess, I hope the correction doesn't happen anytime soon but buffoons winning 300-400 auctions a month without reading the description will hasten it for sure...

i still don't understand WTF the guy was saying. the market moves to quickly, and shipping takes too long, for this to be viable

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

that has no been implemented and may not apply to 2021

1. It was a joke

2. It was a joke

3. It was a joke but the eBay fees are a killer and not a joke. I don’t understand why another  competitor hasn’t shown up yet. Basically the key thing they have is a decent Search function. 

11 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:gossip: and the shear size of user base..

People (sellers and buyers) would migrate if there was a decent alternative. None of the other sites or apps which have huge user bases (Amazon, Facebook, Instagram) make searching for collectibles very easy or reliable. 

Amazon has the best shot but I’m pretty sure they’re doing just fine selling new goods. 

Edited by manetteska

39 minutes ago, manetteska said:

People (sellers and buyers) would migrate if there was a decent alternative. None of the other sites or apps which have huge user bases (Amazon, Facebook, Instagram) make searching for collectibles very easy or reliable. 

Amazon has the best shot but I’m pretty sure they’re doing just fine selling new goods. 

Completely agree.