• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Yep - I think E-Bay is requiring it for what I've heard.  I didn't mind money going to Paypal but the managed payment does eliminate a step in terms of the money getting to my bank account.  I typically don't need the funds lightning fast so the new managed payment system is working for me.

they're requiring it? I've been getting paid by paypal? Is it if you hit a certain thresshold? I'm a smaller seller than you.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

they're requiring it? I've been getting paid by paypal? Is it if you hit a certain thresshold? I'm a smaller seller than you.

Maybe E-Bay backed down from requiring it for older accounts.  I thought I read somewhere that E-Bay was requiring it a bit ago.  I don't think it had much to do with the amount you sell.

Edited by 1Cool

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Maybe E-Bay backed down from requiring it for older accounts.  I thought I read somewhere that E-Bay was requiring it a bit ago.  I don't think it had much to do with the amount you sell.

it's still going to paypal for me at the moment, but I haven't been forced to switch over and yet I still haven't sold for a couple of weeks but also haven't been told I've switched yet either....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

my account is from 1999. maybe they didn't push it.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

your fees are the same either way, no? do you think some folks may opt out of the shipping/insurance and pick it up in person?

more expensive stuff I just build it into the price. less expensive stuff, no. and then I forget to take the "free shipping" off the next item i list and wind up accidentally selling an $8 book and including free shipping. oops.

and, fyi, folks are not impressed with the edumakation here. half the dorks here work in finance, are doctors, lawyers, or engineers. the other half are plumbers who make more than all of them.

I'm a mechanic who lives in Canada and didn't know what a Canadian variant is

Anyone find a cheap outlet for bubble wrap?  I typically buy 700 feet for $39.99 shipped via Amazon but I'm always up for saving some cash if you can beat that price.  It has to be 12" wide with perforations every foot and I'm not interested in second hand bubble wrap.  

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Anyone find a cheap outlet for bubble wrap?  I typically buy 700 feet for $39.99 shipped via Amazon but I'm always up for saving some cash if you can beat that price.  It has to be 12" wide with perforations every foot and I'm not interested in second hand bubble wrap.  

I’ve been making my own. 

Just now, ThothAmon said:

I’ve been making my own. 

You have a video on your process?  Not something I want to try but it sounds like something to see (if you are being serious).

15 hours ago, the blob said:

my account is from 1999. maybe they didn't push it.

My account is from 1998, I wasn't planning on selling anything right now but they insisted I change. So I figured I didn't really care about being a power seller anymore and I'd change when I wanted to list something. 

I didn't do that yet, and it looks like all my seller information is gone, lol. 

35 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Free on usps website. Use in priority mail and they’ll give you all you want. Delivered right to your door!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good route for some but I ship almost exclusively via First Class (expect for slabs and very high priced books) since most of my customers always picked the cheaper option in terms of shipping cost.

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I was forced to switch over in January. They said, "if you don't give us your deets, you're not going to get paid". I've had an account since 2010.

Hmmm, may be I need to read my messages. I really do feel like I am still using paypal.

I have a situation where a buyer is very mad that I got a little delayed in shipping the items (2 days past my built in handling time in my description, which is 5 days (because i ship once a week). I shipped on Friday, 1st class, and it looks like it is getting delivered today. Ebay's estimated delivery was April 10 (because it thinks I ship media mail). So, if i had shipped on time it would have been sent out Wed. The guy is hysterical over $20 in comics and not "hot" ones that need to be flipped quickly. Reading his message it sounds like a borderline mental health issue ("no way is this acceptable and nothing you say can change that"), but he does buy a lot of comics. As I am not interested in poking the mental illness bear, I tried to explain politely that while yes, I was a little slow in shipping, because I sent 1st class and was not pocketing a few extra bucks (and, in fact, lose money on shipping) he would, in fact, be getting the package 7+ days faster than if I had shipped on time, but via media mail. I am tempted just refund the shipping, hoping that it helps prevent his psychotic break, but for some people that just gets them more excited. Next, he will want it all free. I figure he is going to pound me on the stars anyway,

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have a situation where a buyer is very mad that I got a little delayed in shipping the items (2 days past my built in handling time in my description, which is 5 days (because i ship once a week). I shipped on Friday, 1st class, and it looks like it is getting delivered today. Ebay's estimated delivery was April 10 (because it thinks I ship media mail). So, if i had shipped on time it would have been sent out Wed. The guy is hysterical over $20 in comics and not "hot" ones that need to be flipped quickly. Reading his message it sounds like a borderline mental health issue ("no way is this acceptable and nothing you say can change that"), but he does buy a lot of comics. As I am not interested in poking the mental illness bear, I tried to explain politely that while yes, I was a little slow in shipping, because I sent 1st class and was not pocketing a few extra bucks (and, in fact, lose money on shipping) he would, in fact, be getting the package 7+ days faster than if I had shipped on time, but via media mail. I am tempted just refund the shipping, hoping that it helps prevent his psychotic break, but for some people that just gets them more excited. Next, he will want it all free. I figure he is going to pound me on the stars anyway,

I predict a request for "partial refund" in your future...

29 minutes ago, the blob said:

Hmmm, may be I need to read my messages. I really do feel like I am still using paypal.

PayPal is still an option, because it's all use to pay. I want that 3rd layer of protection.

I just checked my eBay Inbox to see what the exact wording was, but I'm not finding any messages other than, "Welcome to the new managed payments system".

13 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

PayPal is still an option, because it's all use to pay. I want that 3rd layer of protection.

I just checked my eBay Inbox to see what the exact wording was, but I'm not finding any messages other than, "Welcome to the new managed payments system".

hmm, nothing in my box about it. maybe i do not sell enough for them to care?