• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2018 at 10:28 AM, DiamondCityComics said:

I'm sure there is nothing I can do about this except just let you guys know to never allow tenofusvsyou ever buy from you on ebay.  Long story short I sold an ASM 301 to this low life.  I had a cancellation on a 101 so I did in fact screw up and firgot to ship it.  7 days later I was given a negative comment.  I contacted him and explained what happened and told him the book was shipped.  He got it so 3 days after that I asked if he would remove the feedback.   He said give me $15 bucks and I'll remove it.  I said no, contacted ebay showing them the bribe remark from him and they removed it.  He then filed a claim saying it was damaged and wanted a$15 partial refund.  Obviously he was just mad that I didnt take the bribe.   I contacted ebay and they said there is no way to prove it wasnt damaged so they granted him the return.  I was like whatever just send it back and get this over with.  Well this is what I got today.

20180901_102634.jpg

20180901_102639.jpg

20180901_102658.jpg

Any follow up with this?

So I've just learned something about having an ebay store, after wondering where all my 100/month listings went, and I'm hoping someone can confirm this.

When active listings hit their 30 day mark and automatically "renew" and relist, that's consuming one of my 100 per month, yes? In other words, the larger one's store inventory grows, the more listings per month I need just to keep active but unsold items still listed. Is that correct? What a scam...I may shut it down this week. I was hoping to get through the last of my shipping supplies before unloading at an LCS, but I might cut my losses now on that.

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

So I've just learned something about having an ebay store, after wondering where all my 100/month listings went, and I'm hoping someone can confirm this.

When active listings hit their 30 day mark and automatically "renew" and relist, that's consuming one of my 100 per month, yes? In other words, the larger one's store inventory grows, the more listings per month I need just to keep active but unsold items still listed. Is that correct? What a scam...I may shut it down this week. I was hoping to get through the last of my shipping supplies before unloading at an LCS, but I might cut my losses now on that.

I don’t understand your gripe?  You didn’t think unsold items would count when they renewed?

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

I don’t understand your gripe?  You didn’t think unsold items would count when they renewed?

I took a listing fee as a listing fee. No, I didn't consider that those items were counting as relists. That balloons the number of listings needed just to maintain an inventory. I've been selling small-dollar stuff, and somewhat surprised at the number of people who will buy a single, small-dollar item and pay more for first-class shipping than the book itself, but anyhow, yeah, wasn't aware that's how it worked.

12 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I took a listing fee as a listing fee. No, I didn't consider that those items were counting as relists. That balloons the number of listings needed just to maintain an inventory. I've been selling small-dollar stuff, and somewhat surprised at the number of people who will buy a single, small-dollar item and pay more for first-class shipping than the book itself, but anyhow, yeah, wasn't aware that's how it worked.

Gotcha.  Yea - each listing is only good for duration of the listing and another listing starts if it does not sell.  Thankfully mid size stores are fairly cheap when you consider how much exposure you get.  I think my 1,000 item store (plus 500 auctions) is only $60 a month.  So pretty much 3 cents a book if you use all 1,500.  

I do also think it’s interesting people will pay so much to ship one book.  But people who are completing a run only want that one book and even though it makes more money sense to buy a few to cut down on per item shipping they are desperate for the 1 book. 

6 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

spider-man 194

"No major damage, in amazing shape. Would grade about a 8.5 if graded."

If he would have not written amazing shape, I would have thought he meant 3.5 :D

maybe he thinks a rectangle is an amazing shape?  (shrug)

37 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

03168647-47F1-4C55-8983-F60BDAA4948F.thumb.png.ad0ee6f3f551ec8134b807c32378e94b.png

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

the dream is dead 

You'll get one  :foryou:

Odd that a VF- went for so low, but VF+ kept on bidding.

I think that I remember you saying that a VF was what you were looking for...

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You'll get one  :foryou:

Odd that a VF- went for so low, but VF+ kept on bidding.

I think that I remember you saying that a VF was what you were looking for...

VF+ at the very least. Once it went over two I knew I was out the game....It’d be nice to see this book in person. Oh well, you’re right (:wishluck:) I’ll get one eventually...probably going to have to open my wallet a bit wider 

29 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

VF+ at the very least. Once it went over two I knew I was out the game....It’d be nice to see this book in person. Oh well, you’re right (:wishluck:) I’ll get one eventually...probably going to have to open my wallet a bit wider 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DETECTIVE-COMICS-395-VF-VF-7-75/372413382771?hash=item56b5914073%3Ag%3AkmAAAOSwsspbgEzw&LH_BIN=1