• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Collection? Seriously...

364 posts in this topic

He's been talking to Lone Star.

I'm not sure why you think he overpaid for anything, let alone everything. Nor why you think Metro overcharges. They didn't get to be the #1 dealer in high end goods by over-charging.

You might do better sitting back and getting an education, rather than making generalizations on things you don't seem to understand.

Shad, if you look at my first post in this thread, you'll see that it is a big question for me if Metro actually bought the book. I was very curious why Metro would tie almost $4 million up in a book, unless they had a buyer already lined up. I'm wondering if Metro was even really the buyer or if they were a proxy (i.e. they either 1) won the book and he paid for it for them or 2) they bid on the book up to a certain amount, knowing he had already put a deal in place with them to acquire it afterwords). I'm just curious why he wouldn't have gone BSD in the auction, why wait till Metro buys it and then pay commission etc. on it. I guess anonymity? Maybe?

Perhaps he'd already blown through that weeks allowance.

Seriously, I imagine when he have that kind of stroke, Metro will work with you however you want. Perhaps it was to avoid the type of venom that new guy is spewing.

Makes sense. I just wish they had a better reporter cover this, this is a really great collection (I mean NO mention of the two Alex Ross paintings in the picture????)

lol This is the new board thing. Every time someone says it, I hear it in my head in Dark Helmet's voice.

lol Anytime I hear/read something about Lone Star (the shop, the state, anything...) I always think of Dark Helmet.

Sounds like a pretty awesome collection to me, but I think that's pretty well been covered.

Anyway, where's his complete run of Elfquest?

He sold it off, since it wasn't DC. It was enough to cover the cost of the bubble wrap on a couple of his purchases.

I'm not sure why you think he overpaid for anything, let alone everything. Nor why you think Metro overcharges. They didn't get to be the #1 dealer in high end goods by over-charging.

You might do better sitting back and getting an education, rather than making generalizations on things you don't seem to understand.

Shad, if you look at my first post in this thread, you'll see that it is a big question for me if Metro actually bought the book. I was very curious why Metro would tie almost $4 million up in a book, unless they had a buyer already lined up. I'm wondering if Metro was even really the buyer or if they were a proxy (i.e. they either 1) won the book and he paid for it for them or 2) they bid on the book up to a certain amount, knowing he had already put a deal in place with them to acquire it afterwords).

Very valid question Jay, I'm afraid he's living in some kind of alternate reality based on his bizarre statements.

I'm just curious why he wouldn't have gone BSD in the auction, why wait till Metro buys it and then pay commission etc. on it. I guess anonymity? Maybe?

They're expert at manipulating clients (Nic Cage anyone?), so who knows.

If Hariri wants anonymity, why be featured in such an article then?

Sounds like a pretty awesome collection to me, but I think that's pretty well been covered.

Anyway, where's his complete run of Elfquest?

He sold it off, since it wasn't DC. It was enough to cover the cost of the bubble wrap on a couple of his purchases.

He got a good price for it then lol

Shad, if you look at my first post in this thread, you'll see that it is a big question for me if Metro actually bought the book. I was very curious why Metro would tie almost $4 million up in a book, unless they had a buyer already lined up. I'm wondering if Metro was even really the buyer or if they were a proxy (i.e. they either 1) won the book and he paid for it for them or 2) they bid on the book up to a certain amount, knowing he had already put a deal in place with them to acquire it afterwords). I'm just curious why he wouldn't have gone BSD in the auction, why wait till Metro buys it and then pay commission etc. on it. I guess anonymity? Maybe?

It's possible that he wanted to avoid being called a spoiled rich playboy ne'erdowell by faceless crotchstains on the Internet.

Fingh is rollin' today.

And I found the comic collection crazy impressive.

Here's what I learned from this thread:

It's not really a bunch of people. Just one sopping vinegary douchehose.

It's not really "guys." Just one turbocharged fuel-injected douchepump.

Okay, learn is too strong a word. I already knew that. "Laughed at" might be more appropriate.

Here's what I learned from this thread:

It's not really a bunch of people. Just one sopping vinegary douchehose.

It's not really "guys." Just one turbocharged fuel-injected douchepump.

Okay, learn is too strong a word. I already knew that. "Laughed at" might be more appropriate.

Fingh is in fine form today! :acclaim:

thought I'd comment on this;

not that he probably cares...but when it comes time to sell he will most certainly take a loss having overpaid for everything (eg. sounds like most of his stuff is from Metro). People that wealthy don't have a taste for comic books, comic art, ect. and he will be dealing his stuff back to people with lesser financial means which means a loss.

Then again it sounds like he's was born with a golden spoon and losing $10M is a small blimp on the radar.

XDCM6H3.png

I've just skimmed this thread - is there anything of value in it?

So far, all I've learned is:

1) it's impossible to have a adult discussion on the site.

2) It's Too much of a sausage fest.

Other than that:

3) I'm out.

Welcome to the boards. I learned that in 2004.

I've just skimmed this thread - is there anything of value in it?

So far, all I've learned is:

1) it's impossible to have a adult discussion on the site.

2) It's Too much of a sausage fest.

Other than that:

3) I'm out.

Welcome to the boards. I learned that in 2004.

I only learned that.... Yesterday