• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impossible Collection? Seriously...

364 posts in this topic

the article says:

"The comic books are so rare that they cannot be taken out of their special cases or the value will decrease immediately (Impossible Collection)"

actually, when you consider how much he paid per book he's losing money/equity as we speak. No one will buy them back for the amount he paid per book. Often times that's what happens when you play in the deep end of the pool. However based on this guys net worth, I doubt he cares.

Most of the folks who've made astronomical returns on comics either:

1) Have been in the hobby for many years and bought issues for next to nothing

2) Stumbled on a collection/issue from someone unaware as to the value.

3) Buying from individuals who constantly have to have what's in the latest auction and willing to take a financial loss by selling to a dealer in order to upgrade (a great time to buy for a dealer).

4) Someone who's bought well beyond their means; again is willing to take a 50% (or less) FM for immediate cash on hand.

BTW the ROI for old school dealers and current markup these days is absolutely insane.

Can you elaborate on the sausage fest? There seems to be a lot of good information in here, but at the same time you have posted about a sausage fest.

Do you think that the sausage has an impact on the market for high grade Gold? What about 1950's War comics? What about 1980's comics that will never be worth anything, 9.8 or whatever?

Now, I was at a semi-prestigious Midwestern University in the late 80's and there was a lot of talk about the sausage-fest. I had no idea that it could affect my comic stash. What should we do? About the sausage fest?

the article says:

"The comic books are so rare that they cannot be taken out of their special cases or the value will decrease immediately (Impossible Collection)"

actually, when you consider how much he paid per book he's losing money/equity as we speak. No one will buy them back for the amount he paid per book. Often times that's what happens when you play in the deep end of the pool. However based on this guys net worth, I doubt he cares.

3) Buying from individuals who constantly have to have what's in the latest auction and willing to take a financial loss by selling to a dealer in order to upgrade (a great time to buy for a dealer).

4) Someone who's bought well beyond their means; again is willing to take a 50% (or less) FM for immediate cash on hand.

BTW the ROI for old school dealers and current markup these days is absolutely insane.

Can you elaborate on the sausage fest? There seems to be a lot of good information in here, but at the same time you have posted about a sausage fest.

Do you think that the sausage has an impact on the market for high grade Gold? What about 1950's War comics? What about 1980's comics that will never be worth anything, 9.8 or whatever?

Now, I was at a semi-prestigious Midwestern University in the late 80's and there was a lot of talk about the sausage-fest. I had no idea that it could affect my comic stash. What should we do? About the sausage fest?

Talk to Lone Star

pretty impossible to beat a collection with the two best action 1's to come to market this century. I know a lunatic who had a better collection back in the late 70's but he sold it off- lol shoulda kept the action1!

So let me get this straight. Because he has money, his collection is not noteworthy. Nor is the fact he has been collecting since he was 21. Nor is the fact that he is indeed a fan.

Sounds to me like a bunch of very, very salty people who are jealous that the guy has the bank roll to buy the books he wants. Well guess what, he is STILL a collector. so stop degrading another guy because you are jealous that he can afford what you can not.

And also, his father is a billionaire, he will likely become one as well. Do you feel that there is not a lot of work to be done in that individuals life? Do you think maintaining at that level alone does not demand constant dedication?

Seriously, you wouldn't like it if he was talking about you for being poor and only having an X-Men 1 as the center piece of your collection.

Good lord, this is disappointing.

It's not really a bunch of people. Just one sopping vinegary douchehose.

:roflmao:

So true.

I am not a DC fan. But this guys collection is amazing! Nice to see someone with a ton of money enjoy the hobby.

Also real funny the OP was sour grapes. Ran here to make this thread. Made blanket statements how it was not that great then admitted he did not read the entire story. :tonofbricks:

Additionally laughable. :roflmao:

Damn Lone Star CAK'd up worthless 80's pieces of mess sausage fest.

I'm out.

(Did I hit all the March memes...?)

Have a great week.

Enjoy your Apple Products!!

Enjoy Your Cottage Cheese for the next 4 Miles!

lol

the article says:

This IS the adult conversation I have been looking for.

the article says:

This IS the adult conversatipn I have been looking for.

Did you mean "constipation"?

the article says:

This IS the adult conversatipn I have been looking for.

Did you mean "constipation"?

Fat fingers on my phone but I did think the same thing when I was editing it. lol

the article says:

I notice your picture. You are the ultimate troll.

the article says:

lfLWrid.gif

the article says:

mandy.jpg

the article says:

I notice your posts. You are comedy gold. How do you like the sausage? Is it to your liking?

the article says:

I notice your posts. You are comedy gold. How do you like the sausage? Is it to your liking?

I thought surfer was working on his FDQ exit yesterday?

the article says:

tumblr_inline_mhpy55jsf31qz4rgp_zps6bfb3812.gif