• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad Affleck

218 posts in this topic

All I ever wanted years ago was to see movies based on the books I read.

Here we are in the age of comic book movies and I could not be happier.

Even if the movie isn't a cinematic masterpiece I always try and find something good that came out of it.

I personally enjoyed the movie. I really liked it. I will buy it when it comes out on Blue Ray.

I really want to the see The Justice League.

Finally, this thread is getting interesting

I cut mustard with a hotdog, bun, & catsup/ketchup.

This post passes muster.

The audience reviews are seemingly far more favorable.

I saw it Thursday night, and thought that the initial reviews were really harsh, and the people in the theater I was in (comic fans, as the local shop is the one that sold the tickets to this showing) were active and engaged and seemed to enjoy it.

It has flaws, but it isn't as bad as we've been led to believe.

Film Critic's hate everything that is Fantasy based. They are basically forced to like Lord of the Rings or they would look stupid. They do this all the time. I thought the movie was fine. It isn't perfect, but almost nothing is perfect! The problem is that they want the movie to be like some drama film with tons of romance and inside jokes that only a 60 year old understands.

Finally, this thread is getting interesting

I cut mustard with a hotdog, bun, & catsup/ketchup.

This post passes muster.

This makes me think of dookie.

The audience reviews are seemingly far more favorable.

I saw it Thursday night, and thought that the initial reviews were really harsh, and the people in the theater I was in (comic fans, as the local shop is the one that sold the tickets to this showing) were active and engaged and seemed to enjoy it.

It has flaws, but it isn't as bad as we've been led to believe.

Film Critic's hate everything that is Fantasy based. They are basically forced to like Lord of the Rings or they would look stupid. They do this all the time. I thought the movie was fine. It isn't perfect, but almost nothing is perfect! The problem is that they want the movie to be like some drama film with tons of romance and inside jokes that only a 60 year old understands.

Nonsense. If you look at RT, the movie has an average rating of 5/10. Which, imho, is perfectly well-deserved.

Has anyone ever literally cut the mustard?

Only when I was working at Subway

Probably derived from "pass muster."

It was the only muster I could pass. At the time