• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad Affleck

218 posts in this topic

Whoever said this movie stinks is outta their mind.. Saw the movie after Wondercon on Friday night. The first hour was a little dragging and boring, but the last hour or so made up for it. I thought Affleck was a fantastic Wayne. Wished there were more Batman scenes and fights, but thought overall it was a pretty good flick.

Whoever said this movie stinks is outta their mind.. Saw the movie after Wondercon on Friday night. The first hour was a little dragging and boring, but the last hour or so made up for it. I thought Affleck was a fantastic Wayne. Wished there were more Batman scenes and fights, but thought overall it was a pretty good flick.

Yeah, I am really excited about seeing this movie.

Haven't seen it yet. But will this week. Can't wait.

I always ignore (and I mean, completely ignore) the negative reviews/comments/disdain of some.

Glad you liked it.

I liked the movie. I think the positives outweigh the negatives. And the negatives have nothing to do with any of the actors; they all put in great performances, with Affleck being the standout performance.

Haven't seen it yet, but plan to this upcoming weekend. Good to hear the acting was at least decent, despite the lack of a great story/vision. My biggest concern was Affleck when the cast was announced, but it sounds like he plays a pretty decent Batman. Come to think of it, he as been in some pretty decent movies of late, Gone Girl, Argo, State of Play, and The Town.

Same here. I liked it a lot. I don't know what the critics were looking for but I was "Entertained" and that's all that counts when I'm paying money to see a movie.

Is this the part of the denial where we declare that Affleck wasn't all that bad and we don't know what those fancy critics were talking about?

Dan

I think this is the part where people see the movie for themselves, and form their own opinions.

Is this the part of the denial where we declare that Affleck wasn't all that bad and we don't know what those fancy critics were talking about?

I think this is the part where people see the movie for themselves, and form their own opinions.

I wonder what Stan Lee thinks?

161494.jpg.3bf93e75ffafb287b36eea3ca57bda00.jpg

Dan

Done and done. Affleck doesn't cut the mustard.

Dan

Dan

Dan

Just out of curiosity, did any of the other big screen BW's cut the mustard for you?

To be honest I never saw any of the Batmans between Burton's and Nolan's (aside from a couple scenes).

Dan

Dan

Just out of curiosity, did any of the other big screen BW's cut the mustard for you?

To be honest I never saw any of the Batmans between Burton's and Nolan's (aside from a couple scenes).

Yes Dan, tell us about all the mustard cutting for your big screen BW's.