• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

83 negative feedbacks from one buyer

25 posts in this topic

So i'm cruising through Fantastic Fours "Ending soonest" on ebay and I come across a listing for a book, I look at it, and see the seller has less than 100% feedback, so I go to see why.

83 negs from one buyer all for .99 cent books.

Who does that?

That had to take over an hour to leave all those.

I've seen multiple negs from one person before, but this is a whole new level.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gccomics&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

If I bought 83 books from someone and never received them, I certainly not stop at one negative.

In ten years on ebay, I've had three purchases I never received. One was from a comic shop in Miami that shut its doors days after my $35 order. I got an email a few weeks later from someone claiming to be the lawyer for the shop saying that they were going thru the finances and he was hoping to make partial restitution but the landlord had locked them out and seized the contents. Never heard from him and the account disappeared.

I'd have negged the out of him if I could.

Another was a pre-order of a case of New Avengers 1. The guy opened an ebay account just to sell these and sold the same case to fifty people, judging from all the negs he got.. One of the other people tracked him down and somehow got my information as well. Turned out the guy was a small dealer and was doing a show in Jersey in a few weeks. I went to the show and had ,what from my end was, a very pleasant conversation. He even compensated me for my gas and tolls.

If I bought 83 books from someone and never received them, I certainly stop at one negative.

In ten years on ebay, I've had three purchases I never received. One was from a comic shop in Miami that shut its doors days after my $35 order. I got an email a few weeks later from someone claiming to be the lawyer for the shop saying that they were going thru the finances and he was hoping to make partial restitution but the landlord had locked them out and seized the contents. Never heard from him and the account disappeared.

Another was a pre-order of a case of New Avengers 1. The guy opened an ebay account just to sell these and sold the same case to fifty people, judging from all the negs he got.. One of the other people tracked him down and somehow got my information as well. Turned out the guy was a small dealer and was doing a show in Jersey in a few weeks. I went to the show and had ,what from my end was, a very pleasant conversation. He even compensated me for my gas and tolls.

I have had only ONE thing from ebay not show up. 10-15 years ago I bought a Moebius panel drawing of Galactus for $95. I do not recall if I ever got excuses from that seller but I have a file saved somewhere, on an old computer likely!, with the info and the drawing is burned into my brain so I will know if it shows up. I see it in my mind's eye right now. It is gorgeous.

Is books not arriving is a shipping complaint?

Oh I thought it was feedback left before delivery (FLBD). My bad.

You are forgiven. Hes a horrible seller, avoid him. At least until later tonite when my bids close out

Obviously not, with the 80+ negs the buyer left.

if you look at the seller's listings, he sells only comics and is shipping from Alaska.I see no recent negs, plenty of +'s.

Shipping, at least on his listings now is shown as "expedited".

I'd say that the buyer probably did receive his books by now....which, BTW, were mostly .99 listings....the seller scanned each FC in to make .99 cents gross, on each listing and then decides to try to fleece the buyer?

haha.Nah.

Alternately, the package was straight up lost enroute by USPS and neither the seller or buyer paid for insurance.

In any event, the buyer can get refunded via PP, if he opens item not received cases, enmasse.

Oh I thought it was feedback left before delivery (FLBD). My bad.

You are forgiven. Hes a horrible seller, avoid him. At least until later tonite when my bids close out

lol

If I bought 83 books from someone and never received them, I certainly not stop at one negative.

I almost spewed Coke from my nose when I read that. lol

I actually bid on a few of his books tonite. Some closed rather cheaply and he combined shipping. Charged me $12 for 11 books, which seems very fair. His scans are a bit suspect as he cuts off the spine is some and different corners in others.

I'll let you know if I'm happy when they arrive.

In the 70s, you'd send a check or money order off to some dealer in the TGCF and if you were lucky you got your books in six weeks, and it wouldn't be all the alternate choices . Three times I ordered books from a famous dealer and got 85% alternate choices. I finally realized he was suckering people into sending money for books he had no intention of selling and sending you your third and fourth choices instead.

My first several mail order transactions when I was a kid, nothing ever came. I was having zero percent success, so I stopped even trying for several years. I did one milehigh order and everything I ordered came, but you know I bought nothing but drek lol. And then I didn't buy anything mail order again for about a decade when eBay was already up and running.