• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Bronze Romance Thread

602 posts in this topic

But now, since you collect mostly for the covers, do you know if Liz (from your first post) is indeed a girl who wears comfortable shoes? Seems a bit of a risque topic for a mainstream comic from the 70s. Is the cover just a tease with Liz being just shy or something?

Yes, the cover is suggestive. I just flipped through it to see if ol' Liz was butch. Appears that she just suffered from low self esteem and didn't know what love is and was afraid of it. But don't worry about Liz, she then met Fred. She also left a special message at the end of the story for other girls who may ever feel "different". Hey, it's either this or a big green guy in purple pants, ya' know?

Hmmmm, interesting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyone know if that Love Stories 100-page Super Spectacular #5 is the real one or the reprint?

It's the actual #5, not the reprint. Although I think the high bidder has a pretty hefty bid on it. Big gamble without knowing the condition of it. drbanner just wasted quite a bit of money on an overgraded copy just recently.

Anyone know if that Love Stories 100-page Super Spectacular #5 is the real one or the reprint?

It's the actual #5, not the reprint. Although I think the high bidder has a pretty hefty bid on it. Big gamble without knowing the condition of it. drbanner just wasted quite a bit of money on an overgraded copy just recently.

Will banner's copy be listed as VF the next time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It was under $50 when I posted. It's at about $100 now. How much do those other issues go for (assuming they are around F/VF)? I don't know anything about BA romance (thankfully).

Saw this lot right after it was posted. Looks to me to be a whole lot of $1-2 VG books...with the exception of #5... insane.gif

This price is already way more than it's worth in my opinion regardless of the 100Pg SS #5... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Will banner's copy be listed as VF the next time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Probably, the 2 books I bought from the seller were overgraded. confused-smiley-013.gif Plus the more it shipped back and forth from buyers who thinks its overgraded who knows how low it will go.

Our Love Story #5

ourlove5.jpg

Jim

Jim, I was looking at your Gun-Slinger in the other thread and now this. You certainly have some nice high grade, hard-to-find books and a lot of the titles few of us collect. Are you a Marvel completist? I'm just curious. I was at one time, but never tackled the war, romance, or western.

Joe

Jim, I was looking at your Gun-Slinger in the other thread and now this. You certainly have some nice high grade, hard-to-find books and a lot of the titles few of us collect. Are you a Marvel completist? I'm just curious. I was at one time, but never tackled the war, romance, or western.

Not a completist per se...I just collect what I like. These will shift as I get bored acquiring one area and move to another. And I don't keep a want list at any one time...just know what I have and what I want...

Other than late silver/Bronze Age Marvel superheroes (and I've pretty much collected all I want in this area/all buys now are usually upgrades), I collect...

ALL comics with Mark Jewelers or National Diamond Sales inserts...never get bored with these...

Marvel romance (there really aren't that many issues to get to be honest)

Marvel BA 15/20 cent coverpriced War and Westerns

Marvel GS issues

Marvel Humor (Chili/Later Millis/Homer/Petey/L'il series, etc)

All Marvel reprint horror/monster/sci-fi (I am a completist in this area starting with #1s with new content)

DC Romance if the cover strikes me

DC Horror (up to 30 cent cover priced and any covers I like afterwards)

DC War (15/25 Giant/20 cent cover priced)

DC Dollar Comics/GS issues

DC 100 Page Super Specs except Shazam tongue.gif

All Atlas/Seaboard

All Skywalds

Charlton horror, sci-fi, and some war

Gold Key horror/some Magnus and Solar/genre TV tie-ins (Land of the Giants/Time Tunnel/Invaders/Space Family Robinson/etc...)

Dell Movie tie-ins

Jim

Well it looks like I goofed and posted this in the horror thread just when the BA Romance thread had started. foreheadslap.gif

As far as I can remember, this is my entire BA Romance collection.

764579-DC100_5.jpg

764581-DC100_5bk.jpg

And that is one very nice copy. I've still yet to get one of those. They don't come around that often, and when the nice ones do pop up, usually out of my price range, of course. Someday though I'll buy a nice one, after all, this book is the grail of BA Romance.

I have all of DC romance comics from 1966- end

all seven titles

they took me about 8 years to get thru conventions and ebay

All in vg - Mint

Girls Romances

Girls Love Stories

Heart throbs

Love Stories

Secret Hearts

Young Love

Young Romance

That's great Super. Welcome to the boards. In your searches what would you say were the easiest and hardest to find of the books? And what are your favorites and why? Post some covers if you can. My pride and joy at the moment is Young Love #69 which I found at San Diego last year. Ended up being the top census at 8.5. Currently I'm focusing on Young Love and Young Romance and just buying any of the others when I can find a nice copy. As it is, that means I'm rarely able to find and buy one. That said, my BA romance collection is growing quite slowly.

the easiest to find were the Young love and young romance Joe simon

1973-5 covers in mid to low grade in abundance

the hardest to find are Secret Hearts in high grade with great Giordano covers

Also the Wally Wood issue Girls Love #150 , Adams covers, Toth art, and also

I believe the bikini girl on beach by Nick Cardy Girls Love #139

My favorite cover of them all is the psychedelic fashion cover by Ric Estrada Falling in Love #99