• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Bronze Romance Thread

602 posts in this topic

See guys, we can ALL relate to these books (and you thought not, didn't ya'?). Here's a cover that reminds me of those girls that we used to go out with (or shall I say "stay in" with) but thought weren't good looking enough to bring out in public among our friends. Geez, I hope I'm not the only shallow one here. This girl looks quite good though. What's HIS problem?

Oh, the trials and tribulations of romance books.

764856-GR.jpg

Cardy cover

764856-GR.jpg.226088f75c9f6ef57d1cb3e2128dd583.jpg

BA Romance Books has my interest due to its collecting difficulty.

Looking for a challenge, eh? Try finding one of these!

Dennis & the Bible Kids #10

It's interesting to read Doug Supila's commentary on this comic.

Joe

Link didn't work confused-smiley-013.gif

The link works for me. Not sure why it didn't work. It's page 17 of the Dennis the Menace thread in the Silver Forum if you're interested. In a nutshell, Doug Supila states that Dennis & the Bible Kids #10 and Super Goof #61 are the two toughest bronze age comics to find, period.

Joe

See guys, we can ALL relate to these books (and you thought not, didn't ya'?). Here's a cover that reminds me of those girls that we used to go out with (or shall I say "stay in" with) but thought weren't good looking enough to bring out in public among our friends. Geez, I hope I'm not the only shallow one here. This girl looks quite good though. What's HIS problem?

Oh, the trials and tribulations of romance books.

764856-GR.jpg

Cardy cover

Thanks for sharing this cover. It is awesome and I've never seen it before.

Joe

When you are composing a post, down at the bottom click the check box "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file "

On the next screen that displays, you'll find a "Browse" button to navigate around your hard drive to locate your image. Just select your file and next you click the "Continue" button IIRC.

There are only certain image types allowed (jpg, etc) and I think the max file size that is supported is 150K. If you have larger files you either need to use image editing software and shrink them down, or host them on a website somewhere and put them directly into your post using the Instant UBB Code for an "Image".

Look for the FAQ here on the boards for more info if that's not enough to get you started.

I hope you figure it out... someone with such a wealth of seldom-seen comics no doubt has a lot to show off that would be welcome on the boards!

ok here we go

Good luck Superbat. It took me a while to get the hang of posting pics. The way I do it you need to have that "attachment" link next to the time/date on the top of the post after having downloaded it. Once that you have it there, you can hit the attachment link, copy it, then go back and edit your post, then hit the "image" menu item under your post in edit mode, then paste it in the bar, then hit OK, then continue as usual. Seems like alot of steps but once you get it down, it goes pretty quick. Others mess around with hosting on other sites and so on, but you don't have to do that, you can just do it all here as I described above. Just need to get it downloaded into the system first so that the "attachment" link shows up with the scan. If you still can't get it in the post, at least we can still see it by hitting attachment ourselves. Good luck, 'cuz I want to see your covers. -----Sid

You're not getting an attachment created. Something's going wrong if you are following the steps I outlined for browsing to your HD and uploading/attaching your image. Make sure that your file isn't too large (150K limit) and is a .jpg or other supported image type for example.

My favorite cover of them all is the psychedelic fashion cover by Ric Estrada Falling in Love #99

A great cover for sure............

766258-fallinginlove99.JPG

cloud9.gif

You see, this is what I don't understand. The stigma that is put on these books.

Some people joke about reading or collecting romance comics as being gay. Who knows, in some cases that may be true (certainly not in my case) but I see it more as comics that are more closely based in reality than any others.

763551-prison.jpg

If folks are serious about this "stigma," it sounds like nothing more than adolescent male insecurity to me. Sounds like some folks just need to get a grip...er, perhaps a poor choice of words.

Slightly OT, but I remember a friend of mine in high school was the only guy in a ballet company. He took no end of abuse at high school, got called lots of nasty names all the time, etc. What almost nobody realized was that he'd slept with just about every girl in that dance company. 27_laughing.gif

Back to comics....As if there was nothing gay about guys flying around town in tights and "wrestling" with each other. poke2.gif

You see, this is what I don't understand. The stigma that is put on these books.

Some people joke about reading or collecting romance comics as being gay. Who knows, in some cases that may be true (certainly not in my case) but I see it more as comics that are more closely based in reality than any others.

763551-prison.jpg

If folks are serious about this "stigma," it sounds like nothing more than adolescent male insecurity to me. Sounds like some folks just need to get a grip...er, perhaps a poor choice of words.

Slightly OT, but I remember a friend of mine in high school was the only guy in a ballet company. He took no end of abuse at high school, got called lots of nasty names all the time, etc. What almost nobody realized was that he'd slept with just about every girl in that dance company. 27_laughing.gif

Back to comics....As if there was nothing gay about guys flying around town in tights and "wrestling" with each other. poke2.gif

Completely off topic now - my brother was the starting quarterback on the football team in Illinois (which is a VERY big deal). He quit to go into drama. His rationale? "I'm not good enough to play in college, and I'd much rather be in a locker room with 50 girls in leotards than 50 guys in pads." Couldn't really argue with that.

The Infinite Bronze Romance Thread foreheadslap.gif

Well now I'm praying for the APOCALYPSE

Sid, just because you've got some HG Romance books doesn't make it right. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This totally negates your kudos for the Headlight cover threads. 10_1_127.gif

The Infinite Bronze Romance Thread foreheadslap.gif

Well now I'm praying for the APOCALYPSE

Sid, just because you've got some HG Romance books doesn't make it right. 893naughty-thumb.gif

This totally negates your kudos for the Headlight cover threads. 10_1_127.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif can't a guy like a little T&A but also have a sensitive side? flowerred.gif