• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2022 at 10:53 AM, ▫️ said:

A little joke does not detract from his serious accusations with minors. If it does, those folks should prioritize better. Plus I’m insensitive towards any group that is sensitive about something. 

That little joke keeps coming up from a few. Which then can come across like a personal sensitivity with the topic. Not a joke for the sake of being light about a topic.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

That little joke keeps coming up from a few. Which then can come across like a personal sensitivity with the topic. Not a joke for the sake of being light about a topic.

Damn, I thought I was the only one. I’m not as edgy as I thought. I am however an equal opportunity offender no matter what the topic. 

5864B79E-A5A5-41F4-A43E-DEA11F069798.jpeg

On 8/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Buzzetta said:

If the movie demonstrates significant losses compared to expectations then it shows that Miller has a negative impact on performance which leads to him become less hirable for future roles.

You think he's hire-able right now...?

The only thing $$$$$ will do is keep WBD interested in The Flash. That does not mean Ezra Miller will keep the role.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 8/8/2022 at 11:17 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You think he's hire-able right now...?

It depends.  

Let's make believe I am his publicist.   I am going to take the guy and lock him in a room or at the very least he is not taking on any additional roles right now until the numbers come in.  The Flash will generate money.  I think that no matter what, movie audiences are going to pay in one form or another to see it and the movie is a spectacle at this point that just out of sheer curiosity people will go.  There is also the Keaton Batman draw. 

Let's say the Flash takes in the expected or higher than expected numbers. 

I am telling Ezra, to say that he has some personal issues to work through, apologize to the public, his fans and the studio.  I am telling him to take a little bit of time off.  Then I am telling him to make sure he thanks the public for helping him get through this and that he wants to be the best film star he can be.

Hollywood loves a good redemption story. 

If you do it the right way, then you are Robert Downy Jr. 

If you do it the wrong way, then you are Mel Gibson and even he has some type of role these days. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:17 AM, ▫️ said:

Damn, I thought I was the only one. I’m not as edgy as I thought. I am however an equal opportunity offender no matter what the topic. 

5864B79E-A5A5-41F4-A43E-DEA11F069798.jpeg

I hear you.

But mocking a gender for these groups is like calling out women each time. You don't do it to them as it would come across as inappropriate. Probably better to not continuously harp on the other. There may be board members that associate with that situation, and it then makes them feel excluded or a target on here. That's all I am suggesting.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, Buzzetta said:

It depends.  

Let's make believe I am his publicist.   I am going to take the guy and lock him in a room or at the very least he is not taking on any additional roles right now until the numbers come in.  The Flash will generate money.  I think that no matter what, movie audiences are going to pay in one form or another to see it and the movie is a spectacle at this point that just out of sheer curiosity people will go.  There is also the Keaton Batman draw. 

Let's say the Flash takes in the expected or higher than expected numbers. 

I am telling Ezra, to say that he has some personal issues to work through, apologize to the public, his fans and the studio.  I am telling him to take a little bit of time off.  Then I am telling him to make sure he thanks the public for helping him get through this and that he wants to be the best film star he can be.

If you do it the wrong way, then you are Mel Gibson and even he has some type of role these days.

Okay, but that scenario matters either way. If he doesn't get it together, no amount of money is going to make him hire-able, so not seeing the movie won't affect his career.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, Buzzetta said:

Except Miller's neither of those - who were long-established A-list stars before they (respectively) fell off.

Ezra Miller is more akin to Lindsay Lohan - but worse -- in that she was a far bigger star - and box office draw, before her fall from grace than they are.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Okay, but that scenario matters either way. If he doesn't get it together, no amount of money is going to make him hire-able, so not seeing the movie won't affect his career.

No, I still believe it does. 

If the film underperforms, and the studio perceives it to be the fault of the actor, it lowers his value to future projects.  That is how Hollywood has acted in the past and I see no reason to say it will change this for the Flash.  

As the saying goes, "You’re Only As Good As Your Last Performance."

If the movie tanks and the studios believe that is due to the negativity surrounding Miller, then it does affect his career. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

No, I still believe it does. 

If the film underperforms, and the studio perceives it to be the fault of the actor, it lowers his value to future projects.  That is how Hollywood has acted in the past and I see no reason to say it will change this for the Flash.  

As the saying goes, "You’re Only As Good As Your Last Performance."

If the movie tanks and the studios believe that is due to the negativity surrounding Miller, then it does affect his career. 

I'm here to tell you that the 100 people who boycott this movie over Miller's personal life will definitely make no difference to his career, the same as boycotting Aquaman 2 makes no difference to Amber Heard. Their problems are not performance-related.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm here to tell you that the 100 people who boycott this movie over Miller's personal life will definitely make no difference to his career, the same as boycotting Aquaman 2 makes no difference to Amber Heard. Their problems are not performance-related.

Amber Heard can't act. I'd call that a performance problem. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

And I’m here to tell you to actually read what I wrote.  If the film underperforms that would demonstrate more than 100 people.  I didn’t say 100 people.  I said if the film as a whole underperforms which we both know would be if way more than 100 people did not go see a film. 

You seem so eager to prove a point that you didn’t even read what I wrote. 

On 8/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

And I’m here to tell you to actually read what I wrote.  If the film underperforms that would demonstrate more than 100 people.  I didn’t say 100 people.  I said if the film as a whole underperforms which we both know would be if way more than 100 people did not go see a film. 

You seem so eager to prove a point that you didn’t even read what I wrote.

I read what you wrote, it's simply nonsense.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I read what you wrote, it's simply nonsense.

Lol explain how.  

Movie severely underperforms.  

You think it was only 100 people that didn’t go see it.  

Movies generate box off revenue based on ticket sales.  If people don’t go see it there is no one buying tickets therefor no revenue. 

So eager to be right you didn’t read. 

On 8/8/2022 at 12:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

Lol explain how.  

Movie severely underperforms.  

You think it was only 100 people that didn’t go see it.  

Movies generate box off revenue based on ticket sales.  If people don’t go see it there is no one buying tickets therefor no revenue. 

So eager to be right you didn’t read.

How does WBD discern why most people won't see The Flash? Do they employ telepaths?

• This one doesn't like movies.
  • This one doesn't like comic book movies.
  • This one is waiting to watch it on DVD.
  • This one is waiting to see if we have a plan for our CU.
  • This one doesn't like DC movies.
  • This one hates anything related to Zack Snyder's movies.
  • This one didn't like that we canceled Batgirl.
  • This one didn't like Miller's Flash in Josstice League.
  • This one doesn't have the budget to see it.
  • Oh, wait, found one who boycotted because of Miller's personal life!

On 8/8/2022 at 12:10 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

How does WBD discern why most people won't see The Flash? Do they employ telepaths?

That’s why I said, “if they believe”… it doesn’t matter what the reality is why the film underperforms.  If the movie powers that be point a finger at Miller as the reason this film underperforms then he becomes less bankable in their eyes for future projects.  

That’s how it works.  If your boss believes that you are the reason a project failed then the boss is less likely to make you part of future projects. 

On 8/8/2022 at 12:26 PM, Buzzetta said:

That’s why I said, “if they believe”… it doesn’t matter what the reality is why the film underperforms.  If the movie powers that be point a finger at Miller as the reason this film underperforms then he becomes less bankable in their eyes for future projects.  

That’s how it works.  If your boss believes that you are the reason a project failed then the boss is less likely to make you part of future projects. 

If Miller doesn't get his act together, it doesn't matter if the film makes $2 billion. Matters of belief aren't worth my time. lol

On 8/8/2022 at 12:31 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If Miller doesn't get his act together, it doesn't matter if the film makes $2 billion. Matters of belief aren't worth my time. lol

Cool story bro - I will let you return to your regularly scheduled basement raging. 

Edited by Buzzetta