• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2023 at 10:19 PM, jsilverjanet said:

It’s not going to win any awards and I’m sure boardies will have plenty to dislike or complain about 

but I enjoyed it - it was fun and I laughed at many moments 

it was great to see some stuff but there were some VFX that were bad but I guess that’s the norm now 

i give it 3/5 stars and I’d probably watch it again 

so i thought about it

here's the problem with this movie and with all DC movies

the expectations because of some failures (not in my eyes) require their movies to be perfect or close to it. This movie is nowhere near perfect so most individuals here will find faults with many of the things in the movie and will dislike it

I loved seeing Affleck as Batman one more time, I loved the cameos, I thought Ezra was far more charismatic than many many of the MCU actors. I think the movie is better than many of the recent Marvel movies/shows etc. But I like this universe, I like these characters, I am not expecting perfection and can enjoy a popcorn flick (Black Adam).

All the things everyone lets slide on the MCU movies, I let slide for the DC ones. This audience will not enjoy this movie because you either don't like

DC movies and/or Snyderverse and/or Ezra Miller

it's better than anything Marvel has made since Infinity End Game (not including Spider man movies) and as good as GOTG3 (again for me)

yet many people saw these (spent money time after time) and were ok with it

Black Widow

Shang Chi

Eternals

Doctor Strange Multiverse

Thor Love and Thunder

Black Panther Wakanda Forever

Ant Man Quantumania

On 6/16/2023 at 4:03 AM, Bosco685 said:

Having not seen it yet, but more than a few moviegoers noting this, Muschietti has noted the assumed bad VFX was done purposely to convey Barry's perspective.

I wonder if that will be a creative decision that impacts moviegoer experience WOM points because you have to explain why it looks weird?!

a part of me thought that might be the case, so it makes sense. it looks very matrix 2 computer generated graphics

Might have to downward adjust my earlier prediction for this.  Seems like Ezra/controversy is still getting most of the press, and the early hype of "best super-hero film ever" seems overblown.  I still think it can do 500WW, but that's definitely not the floor.  And getting as high as 700WW looks to be a struggle.  

So, call it 400-600 range with a guess at something closer to 500 in the end.  

On 6/16/2023 at 2:25 PM, Axelrod said:

Might have to downward adjust my earlier prediction for this.  Seems like Ezra/controversy is still getting most of the press, and the early hype of "best super-hero film ever" seems overblown.  I still think it can do 500WW, but that's definitely not the floor.  And getting as high as 700WW looks to be a struggle.  

So, call it 400-600 range with a guess at something closer to 500 in the end.  

This would be my guess.  I'm going to give my review (not that anyone gives a poop) later.  I will say I'm tired of the people in charge feeling the need to completely change the source material.  This movie could've just copied the Flashpoint Paradox and would've been a complete hit. It would've been awesome to see Bat Dad (Jeffery Dean Morgan), WW and Aquaman and their armies fighting for the fate of the planet in live action. 

On 6/16/2023 at 5:25 PM, paperheart said:

If this isn't another Deadline purposeful lowball, this is terrible

‘The Flash’ Dashing To $72M+ 4-day Opening – Friday Box Office Update

anthony-dalessandro-1.jpg?w=60

Yeah - the pre-release projection was $70M over 3 days.

My take on the movie.

Spoiler

Overall I'm going 6/10

Good: Ezra was great acting as both Barry's (I didn't expect that).  I thought younger Barry was hilarious as it was obvious he and his friends were big stoners.  All the Batmen were incredible and did a great job.  All the Batmen fight scenes were incredible especially freeing Supergirl.  Supergirl was great for the small amount of screen time she was given. I liked that they couldn't beat Zod and it made a lot of sense.  There were too many Kryptonians and Supergirl had almost no time to figure all of her powers out. There were some great cameos, I loved the Christopher Reeves one.  

Bad: CGI was horrible, I'm not understanding how they greenlighted it when it was that bad.  The main bad guy was really dumb and was what I expected. Iris West was completely wasted in this.  Barry didn't learn his lesson at all (at the end he didn't place the can where it should've been).  The end had a wasted Aquaman cameo. 

Overall a ok movie.  Like I stated in a previous comment this would've done much better by coping Flashpoint paradox.  I get annoyed when DC executives take great stories and have to put their own spin on things (Batman Hush for example), just stick to the source material.  We could've gotten a incredible film if they had just copied the animated film.  I'm disappointed as I fell for the hype and was expecting to be blown away by this and I wasn't.