• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2023 at 3:24 PM, eastriver400 said:

Because everything depends on Superman Legacy being a mega hit at the box office.   If it isn't, I can't see much more $ being pumped into the Universe.

If it makes $400 MM on a $200 MM budget, his universe isn't going anywhere, right? But if it makes $400 MM on a $75-100 MM budget, then at least it shows the DCU has potential.

On 6/22/2023 at 5:09 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I just hope the CGI is good.

For a lot of it, it is. There are some stunning sequences. I think they used VFX budgets for re-shoots, though, which led to the unfinished parts of the movie. Hopefully you still enjoy it either way.

On 6/23/2023 at 7:16 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If it makes $400 MM on a $200 MM budget, his universe isn't going anywhere, right? But if it makes $400 MM on a $75-100 MM budget, then at least it shows the DCU has potential.

I disagree. I believe If Superman Legacy makes 400 million on ANY budget, it’s safe to say DC movies are done.

It will just become the Batverse. 

Edited by eastriver400

move aside: Morbius, Dark Phoenix, TSS, A-M & W:Q, Jonah Hex & BvS we have a new chumpion :roflmao:

Meanwhile, Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash is looking at a second Friday of $4.3M and second weekend of $14M, right now down a massive 75%. Should that hold, it will be worse than the 66% second-weekend drop weathered by Warner Bros/DC’s Green Lantern back in 2011. The running total for Flash by Sunday will be around $86.3M at 4,256 theaters.

On 6/23/2023 at 2:18 PM, eastriver400 said:

I disagree. I believe If Superman Legacy makes 400 million on ANY budget, it’s safe to say DC movies are done.

Just like the comics then, which is fine by me as a Batman fan.

On 6/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, paperheart said:

move aside: Morbius, Dark Phoenix, TSS, A-M & W:Q, Jonah Hex & BvS we have a new chumpion :roflmao:

Meanwhile, Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash is looking at a second Friday of $4.3M and second weekend of $14M, right now down a massive 75%. Should that hold, it will be worse than the 66% second-weekend drop weathered by Warner Bros/DC’s Green Lantern back in 2011. The running total for Flash by Sunday will be around $86.3M at 4,256 theaters.

Wow. I thought this was supposed to do way better. It likely does not have a shot at Black Adam numbers, but at least it will do better than Shazam 2. Now the question is whether Blue Beetle can top the Flash or not.

I am still going to go to see it at some point, but this just goes to show how far the DCU needs to go to get back in the game. Gunn really needs to turn things around with Superman legacy. That being said, I am curious to see how Aquaman 2 does at the end of the year. Wan seems to know how to make $$$.

Edited by kimik

On 6/24/2023 at 2:37 AM, kimik said:

Wow. I thought this was supposed to do way better. It likely does not have a shot at Black Adam numbers, but at least it will do better than Shazam 2. Now the question is whether Blue Beetle can top the Flash or not.

I am still going to go to see it at some point, but this just goes to show how far the DCU needs to go to get back in the game. Gunn really needs to turn things around with Superman legacy. That being said, I am curious to see how Aquaman 2 does at the end of the year. Wan seems to know how to make $$$.

Unfortunately, both Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are likely dead in the water.  Both can be viewed as remnants of the old DCEU.  Further, Blue Beetle has zero general public name recognition, and Shazam 2 with one decent movie under its belt, but still a little known character did horrible.  I wouled be amazed if it clears $400 million.

Aquaman 2 will do better driven by women loving Jason Mamoa. The movie however has been delayed several times, and is reported to have many reshoots.  Plus, it is saddled with another toxic star with Amber. Does better but guessing $600 million. 

On 6/24/2023 at 9:52 AM, drotto said:

Unfortunately, both Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are likely dead in the water.  Both can be viewed as remnants of the old DCEU.  Further, Blue Beetle has zero general public name recognition, and Shazam 2 with one decent movie under its belt, but still a little known character did horrible.  I wouled be amazed if it clears $400 million. $200M

Aquaman 2 will do better driven by women loving Jason Mamoa. The movie however has been delayed several times, and is reported to have many reshoots.  Plus, it is saddled with another toxic star with Amber. Does better but guessing $600 million. 

given that Flash isn't getting past $300M, BB # seems wildly optimistic given how awful the trailer looks

On 6/23/2023 at 4:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

Bummer it didn't work for everyone on here. But dancing around for joy over its failure when it actually made a decent attempt at meeting many needs just seems like forced discontent. To each their own I guess.

heh, wonder what needs this scene intended to meet.  (sorry Bosco, I couldn't resist :foryou:)

Flash Screenshot 2023-06-22 123427.jpg

On 6/24/2023 at 3:12 PM, Artboy99 said:

heh, wonder what needs this scene intended to meet.  (sorry Bosco, I couldn't resist :foryou:)

Flash Screenshot 2023-06-22 123427.jpg

:roflmao:

Those that wanted to celebrate their deadbeat friends that live on their couches continuously.

:insane:

On 6/23/2023 at 6:12 PM, paperheart said:

:butbutbutemoji: it tested well last summer...  if this allegedly tested well how horrid is stuff that doesn't?

It's plausible many feel the lead performer is a total dee bag and simply won't pay for a ticket because of that. At very least it was a negative how much so I do not know. 

Edited by MAR1979

On 6/23/2023 at 4:18 PM, eastriver400 said:

If that is the case they will have no need Gunn.  Doesn't take any vision to just pump out Batman stuff. But yeah I do think what you stated is plausible!

Edited by MAR1979