• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know who this artist is?

22 posts in this topic

Recently bought a large lot of old comic store stock which included some original art. Does anyone on the boards happen to know who this artist is?

3052AD20-EC91-4B8D-ACA6-9E590B5F4566_zpspsn7lair.jpg

05A0174A-812A-4A9D-9F53-8C9093BF8EE3_zpsqtjoqxeh.jpg

Like what Scott said. Not silvestri. As for lee weeks? I don't think so either. So we are stuck back at the start with nothing. :facepalm:

Also not rob Liefeld. :banana: Not only rob, but a lot of artists don't draw feet.

Wow, if Kwan doesn't know no one does. Kwan knows his artists!

Malvin

Based on the date I think they were probably done at Chicago wizard world con in 1996, but I haven't been able to find a full lineup of guests that were there. I know a long shot but if anyone happens to know guest artists it may help.

Based on the date I think they were probably done at Chicago wizard world con in 1996, but I haven't been able to find a full lineup of guests that were there. I know a long shot but if anyone happens to know guest artists it may help.
Doesn't seem like it, they are all dated being done in February, while it seems Wizard Con was in June that year.

Yes you're right searched wrong month. Maybe New York ?
Says Big Apple was held on March 2 that year. Is it possible that this was an artist who went to a smaller local con that were popular in the 90's, or made an appearance at a comic shop? Are you also positive that this was made by a professional in the industry, and not something made by a fan, or other local guy?

Yes you're right searched wrong month. Maybe New York ?
Says Big Apple was held on March 2 that year. Is it possible that this was an artist who went to a smaller local con that were popular in the 90's, or made an appearance at a comic shop? Are you also positive that this was made by a professional in the industry, and not something made by a fan, or other local guy?

Possibly could be either from a smaller local con, or a local artist. They were mixed in with a large group of portfolios and limited edition prints. The price tags on them though suggests to me they weren't from a fan or local artist based on the prices for other items from the store.

If those are Purves then they are the best things he's ever drawn by far.