• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever Bleed On A Comic?

32 posts in this topic

Yes - I was at a comic exchange at the local library when I was a kid, and had a group of teenagers start to bully me, and one punched me in the mouth. I turned away and slung blood all over a few of my comics, some other people's comics, and the table they were all on.

I was wearing braces at the time, FTR.

-slym

Once, when freeing a book out of its slab. The plastic cracked and cut the skin at the base of my thumb. Blood poured out all over the book...thankfully it was still in the inner well.

I haven't bled on a comic but I have bled for a comic. I once drew 24 separate cover versions for a writer who kept changing his mind. He would say stuff like 'draw the hero in a quandary- he wants to be a hero but he doesn't know how to become one'.

Yeah how do you draw something like that???

My brain bleeds every time I even consider reading a modern Marvel or DC comic. Does that count?

my eyes bleed every time I stop at my LCS and start thumbing through one of them looking at the wretched, ghastly, ludicrous so called art work.