• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Ryan Reynolds Talks Tim Miller's Departure From Deadpool 2

Reynolds has been silent on the issue of Miller’s departure, with the possible exception of a Tweet posted before the news broke wide. In an interview published today by GQ, Reynolds finally offered a brief statement on the matter.

“All I can really add is that I'm sad to see him off the film,” Reynolds said. “Tim's brilliant and nobody worked harder on Deadpool than he did.”

Reynolds statement doesn’t really add any new facts to the narrative, but it does strengthen the idea that Reynolds and Miller parted ways on the project respectfully and amicably. Miller maintains a strong relationship with 20th Century Fox as well and is attached to direct the upcoming science fiction movie Influx.

Hopefully he can enjoy another hit with Deadpool 2 when that comes around.

:wishluck:

Ryan Reynolds Gets Trolled About DEADPOOL And GREEN LANTERN By "Twin Brother"

To celebrate being named GQ's Man of the Year, Ryan Reynolds has been interviewed by his "twin brother" Gordon Reynolds, and the likes of Deadpool and Green Lantern inevitably came up.

I've just bought a couple of pairs of Cayman Crocs.

Wade Wilson is absolutely right, they are so comfy.

Highly recommended.

DEADPOOL 2 Will Be As Provocative And Startling As The First

In a recent interview, the sequel’s producer said the movie will be as “provocative and startling” as the original.

“The goal for us when we sat down and started talking about it was it needs to be as provocative and startling as the first film which means it can’t just be a continuation of the first film,” Kinberg explained.

“It has tonally and stylistically be as fresh and original. That’s a big challenge especially because they had 10 years to gestate on the first movie and we don’t have that kind of time on the second movie. That’s the biggest mandate going into on the second film: to not make it bigger. We have to resist the temptation to make it bigger in scale and scope, which is normally what you do when you have a surprise hit movie. But actually stay true to the tenets of it’s the tone and the style and the humor that make it so special — it’s not the explosions and the special effects.”

Deadpool: Ryan Reynold Talks About The Sequel’s Director Woes

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Ryan Reynolds talked about the sequel’s director swaps, and he is defending Tim Miller and his decision to leave the franchise.

“There is not a human being on earth that worked harder on Deadpool than Tim,” Reynolds said about the original director’s exit. “He’s an incredibly, incredibly talented director.”

This is not the first time that Reynolds has talked about Miller’s unexpected departure. In November, the actor spoke with GQ and said he was sad to see Miller go. “All I can really add is that I'm sad to see him off the film,” Reynolds explained. “Tim's brilliant and nobody worked harder on Deadpool than he did.”

After Miller exited Deadpool 2, the studio was hard-pressed to find a director to replace the visionary. Rumors floated around that 20th Century Fox was courting director David Leitch to helm the movie, and those stories were confirmed not long ago. The studio confirmed the John Wick director had signed on to bring Deadpool 2 to life, and Reynolds seems stoked to welcome the man to his team.

“Everbody was just a fan of his work,” Reynolds gushed. “He’s just a guy who’s so muscular with his action. He also really understands those Deadpool sensibilities and where we need to take the franchise from here. And I love John Wick. One of the things that David Leitch does that very few filmmakers can do these days is they can make a movie on an ultra tight minimal budget look like it was shot for 10-15 times what it cost.”

Tim Miller Breaks Silence About Deadpool 2 Departure

Not long ago, Miller did a lengthy interview on CG Garage and broke his silence about exiting Deadpool 2. “I just want to say one thing to the geek audience out there, because it’s important to me what the geeks and nerds of the world think because they are my brothers and sisters. I didn’t want to make some stylized movie that was 3 times the budget. If you read the internet — who cares, really? But for those of you who do, I wanted to make the same kind of movie that we made before because I think that’s the right movie to make for the character. So don’t believe what you read on the internet.”

The director even went on to debunk rumors which said Miller was dead-set on casting Kyle Chandler as Cable. “I wanted to do the same thing [as the first movie]. Kyle Chandler was not going to be Cable. All this stuff that I read kind of kills me.”

As for how he feels about the sequel now, Miller says he wishes the crew the best. Recently, 20th Century Fox confirmed they had brought on director David Leitch to helm the superhero flick to great approval.

He said, “I wish them nothing but good — I hope it’s great. I hope it’s a great movie. Because I love the character, and I think it’s great, and I love all the actors and I want to see them successful again. I haven’t met David, but he’s a great guy from everything I’ve heard. I want nothing but the best for the character. And for Fox, too. They deserve to make more money. They need to make more money [laughs]. They were great. They were terrific.”

Ryan Reynolds Wins Critics' Choice Award For Best Actor In A Comedy

deadpool-217039.jpg

Ryan Reynolds of the first R-rated superhero film Deadpool just won the Critics' Choice Award For Best Actor In An A Comedy!

Deadpool surprised us all and broke the box office with Ryan Reynolds starring as Marvel's Merc with the Mouth.

The Critics’ Choice Awards are given out annually by the BFCA and BTJA to honor the finest in cinematic and television achievement.

Deadpool Wins Critics' Choice Award For Best Comedy

The first R-rated superhero film Deadpool just won the Critics' Choice Award For Best Comedy!

:applause:

Superhero burnout?

DEADPOOL Is Nominated For Two 2017 Golden Globes And SUICIDE SQUAD Wins A Critics' Choice Award

The nominations for the 74th annual Golden Globe Awards were announced this morning in Beverly Hills, California, and one of the year's most successful comic book movies, Deadpool, was selected for award consideration in two different categories.

Star Ryan Reynolds was nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, while the movie as a whole received a nomination for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. Reynolds accepted the nominations on Twitter in his usual hilarious fashion. "Thank you, Golden Globes! As we speak, the entire Deadpool team is engaged in a grotesque, early morning tickle-fight."

giphy.gif

(:

Deadpool 2 Rumored Shooting Date And Location Revealed

Vancouver production site What's Filming? has a new listing for Deadpool 2. According to the site (via Omega Underground), Deadpool 2 will begin filming in Vancouver in June 2017.

John Wick co-director David Leitch will replace Deadpool director Tim Miller to helm Deadpool 2 for 20th Century Fox.

Deadpool 2 will see Ryan Reynolds reprise his role as Marvel's Deadpool, the Merc with a Mouth, for the third time (yes, X-Men Origins: Wolverine still technically counts).

Deadpool 2 is also said to add two of Deadpool's favorite allies into the mix. Cable was teased in the post-credits scene of the original Deadpool. Cable is a time-travelling mutant soldier/mercenary who has co-headlined comics alongside Deadpool have in the past.

Ryan Reynolds on why Green Lantern failed and Deadpool succeeded

Ryan Reynolds spoke with Entertainment Weekly recently and laid out the simple reason for DEADPOOL's success and GREEN LANTERN's failure.

"Well it’s simple: Deadpool always knew what it was. With Green Lantern, I don’t think anyone ever figured out exactly what it was. That isn’t to say the hundreds of men and women didn’t work their fingers to the bone to make it as good as possible. It also fell victim to the process in Hollywood which is like poster first, release date second, -script last. At the time, it was a huge opportunity for me so I was excited to try and take part in it. I did however write a letter to Fox right before I had to decide whether or not I was gonna do Green Lantern. I asked one last time sort of like the groom standing at the alter, ‘Will you please be my wife?’ and they said they couldn’t pull the trigger on Deadpool. For too many reasons too boring to illustrate, it just didn’t work."

Parallax! Let's not forget that show-topper. A villain can make or break a movie. Or in this case, throw off any good in a film.

:ohnoez:

Deadpool Star Ryan Reynolds Remembers George Michael

VdBjt2b.jpg

Among the stars paying tribute to George Michael's unexpected passing on Christmas of 2016 is Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds.

fGGgEmS.png

The hashtag is a reference to the song which was an iconic part of Reynold's massively successful Deadpool movie.

R.I.P.

:(

DEADPOOL Has Received A PGA Nomination; Now Has A Shot At An Academy Award Nod For Best Picture

The Producers Guild of America have announced their nominations for the Best Picture of 2016, and Deadpool is rather surprisingly on the list. This actually puts it in with a chance of some Oscar love.

Either way, the Merc With a Mouth's first solo big-screen outing is in great company. Here are the PGA nominees in full:

• Arrival
  • Deadpool
  • Fences
  • Hacksaw Ridge
  • Hell or High Water
  • Hidden Figures
  • La La Land
  • Lion
  • Manchester by the Sea
  • Moonlight

The PGA Award winners will be announced on Saturday, January 28, 2017.

DEADPOOL Has Received A PGA Nomination; Now Has A Shot At An Academy Award Nod For Best Picture

The Producers Guild of America have announced their nominations for the Best Picture of 2016, and Deadpool is rather surprisingly on the list. This actually puts it in with a chance of some Oscar love.

Either way, the Merc With a Mouth's first solo big-screen outing is in great company. Here are the PGA nominees in full:

• Arrival
  • Deadpool
  • Fences
  • Hacksaw Ridge
  • Hell or High Water
  • Hidden Figures
  • La La Land
  • Lion
  • Manchester by the Sea
  • Moonlight

The PGA Award winners will be announced on Saturday, January 28, 2017.

A bad year for movies with titles that start with letters from the 2nd half of the alphabet.

DEADPOOL 2 Writers Explain How They’ll Handle Cable’s Convoluted Origin

cable-marvel-comics-slice-600x200.jpg

Steve Weintraub spoke to the screenwriters about how they’re planning to handle Cable, and their answer was incredibly encouraging:Steve Weintraub spoke to the screenwriters about how they’re planning to handle Cable, and their answer was incredibly encouraging:

What’s it been like writing Cable?

PAUL WERNICK: It’s intimidating because we have to find his voice, and we don’t have an actor yet so we don’t know who we’re writing for. Most screenwriting happens without cast in place, but sequels it’s a little bit different and it’s likely that part will get cast, and we’ll get to continue writing it and honing it for that actor, which I think is a good thing. There’s been so many diverse people that have been brought up as possibilities for Cable, and who have not been brought up but we’re considering. And that, much like with Ryan [Reynolds], that decision will greatly impact his cadences, his rhythms. And we’ll certainly make him like he is in the comics, and we’ll certainly be faithful, but I do think that voice will inform us quite a bit.

RHETT REESE: I think authenticity is so important. I think part of what made Deadpool such a success, I think we’re going to continue that authenticity.

WERNICK: So with Cable, he’s got such a convoluted past, and such a convoluted origin story that I think we’re going to try to leave that, not mysterious, but there are a lot of twists and turns, cloning and all this stuff where you go, “Oh my God. How do we get that across in a two hour movie?” I think we’re going to distill him down to his essence. It will be authentic and faithful, but it’s not going to include the 18,000 details if you were going to read a Wikipedia page about Cable you’d roll your eyes.

ksDegJJ.png

:o:o

DEADPOOL 2: Are Ryan Reyonlds and Hugh Jackman Teasing Pierce Brosnan as Cable?

As you can see, Ryan Reynolds is either teasing or trolling fans with this image. It shows Reynolds and Logan star Hugh Jackman (aka Wolverine) hanging out with none other than former James Bond star, Pierce Brosnan.

gST5lVf.png

Needless to say, having Pierce Brosnan playing Cable would be a much different choice than most fans' wish-list casting of actors like Stephen Lang, Jon Hamm or Gerard Butler.