• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, meeklo said:

Yeah...I don't remember seeing him call anyone or Stan Lee appearing in mine. Also, this version took out the "Angel In the Morning" song from his headphones.

Exactly! Though I do love that it has the theme song from 'The Wolverine' in it.

It seem DP2 setting up to bring the X-force character into their own movie. Archangel is part of the team in new comics.

In the Logan Movie X-23 mention Gideon (New Mutants #98 debut same as Dpool) as part of the Kids in the project.

If this is going to have Cap Reynolds in it - what chance other Serenity crew members?

Love to see Summer Glau in a cameo at least!

That trailer breakdown is a preeetttyyy deeeep dive. Probably too deep.

Brace yourself, Effie! Cable is coming.

Deadpool 2 Writers Reveal Cable Traits For Casting Search

gjGSHpQ.png

Speaking to Deadpool's writer Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick at a press event for their upcoming film Life, which reunited them with Deadpool himself Ryan Reynolds, ComicBook.com got an update on the status of the Cable search.

"It's a short, short list," Reese said.

"An announcement will be coming very soon," Wernick chimed in. "We're gonna go into production in the next couple of months and cast announcements will be coming fast and furious."

While the writers were unable to disclose any of the stars in contention for the role, they did share the details of traits which will determine the selection.

"I think intimidating, scary, a great foil opposite the lunacy," Reese said. "Someone with a great deadpan thing where they can react to someone who's being crazy. Someone who also has a spark of a sense of humor. This person has to be funny because they're buddying up with Ryan [Reynolds] and Deadpool so they just themselves to be funny but in a more serious way, if that makes sense. Physically imposing and able to emote. There's real drama and real stakes. It's a tough one."

Wernick was quick to point out that 20th Century Fox will need somebody "who can carry a franchise moving forward."

"They've got X-Force coming up," Wernick said. "Cable is head of the X-Force so it's someone who can also command a movie franchise. It's a tall task and we have been on the hunt for a very long time. I think once it's announced, as we get closer, people are gonna go crazy for it."

Russell Crowe would be interesting. But so would David Harbour.

Again, can someone with a better grasp on the comics help me understand why they re-cast Domino?

As in, doesn't Vanessa become Domino, which means we should see Morena Baccarin in the role?

(I stopped reading X-Force around issue 10, so I totally missed the whole Copycat-Domino retcon. But to my 12 year-old self Vanessa = Domino = first appeared in NM 98.)

I just checked Wikipedia and Vanessa is apparently Copycat, so I guess they are different people.

But my point is -- don't they look the same, so they should both be played by Baccarin? What am I missing?

3 hours ago, Gatsby771 said:

But my point is -- don't they look the same, so they should both be played by Baccarin? What am I missing?

Vanessa "Copycat" was a shapeshifter who posed as Domino in the first few appearances. Domino wasn't officially herself until X-Force #11.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Rumor out there from a credible Hollywood source Brad Pitt has audition for the role of Cable.

hm

I don't see it.

If Brad Pitt plays Cable we can expect a solo Cable franchise I would think?

It be a good gig for Pttt as he is 53 now. 

Would it be a good gig for Cable though? hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, Meeklo said:

So Michael Shannon is a front runner for Cable? Maybe if they make home look like an older General Zod.

Why would we want his home to look like an older General Zod? Could do better with a bird face or robot face house.

maxresdefault.jpg

:baiting: