• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2017, Seattle, Washington
2 2

171 posts in this topic

They say non transferable but I'm not sure how that is going to be done. They are mailing out tickets starting in late January. No names will be on the tickets as names are not requested when purchasing. So there was never any name attached to a ticket in the first place! I've seen some sold on Ebay already and I imagine as the event gets closer more will start popping up.

I just purchased a plane ticket, hotel and friday/sunday tickets. Im hoping to do the same with stub hub for saturday ticket. It does say they will be checking photo id though. So, I don't know. Maybe someone who has been before can confirm? At least past experience.

They've never checked for ID when you wear a badge/pass, just that you are wearing the pass. There's just literally far too many people to check for that, it'd make the TSA lines look good. Once you have a pass, you're in. Bring a lanyard as that's how they expect you to wear them.

Jerome

I agree, too many people to matter mostly. The most likely chance of checking would be if you were going to some super VIP event, signing, or appearance. But who knows, they could randomly single people out for ID checks too, although I've never seen that at any con.

There will be no ID checking as there will be no names printed on the tickets. Every ticket will look the same, other than how they differ for different days or full pass. When you order tickets you can order up to four of each type, sixteen total max and the only name asked for when purchasing is the one for payment. Same as every year before this. The non transferrable thing is a joke. Tickets were never assigned to anyone to begin with. Have a pass.... you are in.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the artists list so far? I live in Seattle and go every year and it's basically the same artists they rotate every year/other year.

I thought they would get some heavy hitters since it was their 15th anniversary.

Stan Lee has been there at least three times in the last five years. :)

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the artists list so far? I live in Seattle and go every year and it's basically the same artists they rotate every year/other year.

I thought they would get some heavy hitters since it was their 15th anniversary.

Stan Lee has been there at least three times in the last five years. :)

+1

For a 15 year anniversary it's definitely underwhelming so far. I remember last year Supergirl and Legends cast were booked but all cancelled last minute so maybe they're hesitant about something similar happening.

I still think Supergirls cancellation had to do with the fact that at the time the show was in Limbo as it wasn't picked up for season 2 by CBS nor had the CW acquired its rights yet.

Anyone in Seattle knows of reasonable motels or inns with budget of $75-85 per night (or less)?

My friend and I are trying to find one that we can sleep for two nights - Wednesday night and Thursday night

Update... never mind what I said in here. We worked out and had found one place at a great deal close to ECCC. Reserved 2 nights done and checked off on list. It is within 11 mins walking distance, which is good to me.

Next is to take days off from my work schedule. :banana:

Edited by Fan Boy

I have some CGC Questions~

I had my first Experience with CGC Stuff in 2015 at the Stan Lee Table, Through Anastasia's Collectibles.

Just a single comic Cert Signed by Lee, And it was extra easy because AC was right there at his table.

This year, I'm looking to do something seemingly more difficult...

Double Certified Sig on a Pricier Comic (Liefled & Lee on New Mutants 98).

How difficult is this process at the convention?

Considering the lines for Lee almost got the convention shut down by the fire marshall in 2015 (Too Many People crowding a large areas), And when Jim Lee and Scott Snyder were there, It was really limited and took forever in line.

Do witnesses really stand around in these massive lines? How much does that usually cost?

Also,

I've read about people "Hiring" someone to take their comics, And then that certified person runs around and gathers the signatures. This sounds great, But also seems expensive and risky... How much are we talking for this service before you even get into Auto & CGC Costs?

PS: For anyone that missed it, They just announced Rob Liefeld. ;-)

I believe Anastasia's Collectibles handles both Stan and Rob now. Just visit their table before and let them you know want it signed by both. Im sure they can accommodate.

As for witnesses for others, you can use CGC there on site as a witness or use a facilitator from the boards here. There are many who will be there. Just search the boards for who is offering (rich and doug will be there and have witnesses).

I'll be there Thursday. Basically going for the onsite grading and first dibs on the books at the booths lol I'll be there in the morning if anyone wants to wander downtown with a creepy Oregonian :shy:

Jerome

We both have the same thinking lol That was pretty much my plan in going there on Thursday. I expect the line to enter would be long and likely early birds!

My hotel room is close to Pikes Market, so I will wander in there with my friend to eat something after the show. I had been there few times in past, but will be my friend's first time this year.

I may have asked already and it may have been ignored. Either way, anyone interested in a Boardie get together? Maybe dinner and drinks somewhere?

I was a part of one for SDCC, it was fun. Put some faces to names and talk shop.

Anyone interested!?!?!