• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, paperheart said:

$850 million WW total does not seem like a bad guess then

Agreed! If this film achieves $800-$900M as a new standalone franchise they are in a really strong spot. China sounds to be less of a large-scale contributor at this point.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:28 PM, William-James88 said:

Usually this only works with films that have repeat viewings and I did not think that would happen for a 3 hour movie. But people (including myself and others here) are indeed seeing it multiple times.

On the second viewing:

• Action scenes are cooler.
  • Movie drags a lot.

So, in my experience, the movie doesn't really improve with a re-watch. The good parts feel more awesome, and the bad parts just feel worse. It just feels like a much longer movie the 2nd time.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 3/17/2022 at 1:25 PM, eastriver31400 said:

I wonder if it wasn't going to HBO if it would have eventually reached a Billion WW

For a film to break even, it needs to do an estimated 2.5x to 2.8x to account for all expenses and revenue share agreements.

The Batman hit 2.5x ($500M) as of yesterday. It will clearly break on through past 2.8x and then some. It does not have to hit $1B to be successful at this point in its franchise lifecycle.

On 3/17/2022 at 9:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

which of those others opened the week before spring break for many when the other movies at the top of the box office are showing 30% increases from prior week and versus absolutely no other openings? just curious.

Saw this over the weekend with the family.  It was long and I was quite bored at times. Pattinson didn't work for me, wife thought the same.  Kids liked it so I guess it was worth going but I have no inclination to rewatch it.  Still waiting for the definitive Batman movie.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, paperheart said:

which of those others opened the week before spring break for many when the other movies at the top of the box office are showing 30% increases from prior week and versus absolutely no other openings? just curious.

Tell us. You seem to have already invested effort into the research.

:baiting:

Pattinson probably would have worked perfectly for me if; A. He actually got buff, or they excluded the shirtless shots, and; B. Bruce Wayne had a personality and/or developed one during this movie.

When Pattinson was wearing the cowl, he was great. It's just such a mixed bag of a movie for me.