• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is it about Ebay that attracts so many boneheads?

87 posts in this topic

Ok, small rant here about Ebay, nothing new.

I won a book late Sunday evening for the sellers set reserve. I received a message from him earlier today

"Wondering when I will receive payment? Will cancel transaction if no payment by Thursday."

Nothing else, just that. Good grief man I won this book less than 48 hours ago, no provisions on the listing saying must have prompt payment etc. I have purchased from him twice already in the last couple of months, all paid in full and in a timely manner. Is a curt email like this really necessary? Maybe I have just had enough of all the jokers on Ebay (not just him) (there are some good folks too), but it just seems like there are more and more insufficiently_thoughtful_persons every day on Ebay. :mad:

Ok, rant over.

J

Probably tomorrow. I put payment through a few minutes ago as I don't feel like getting in to it with him.

More reinforcement for him to be a **** I guess

I doubt I will purchase from him in the future

I always pay immediately after I win an item. Out of curiosity, if you had the funds to pay him soon after his e-mail, why not right after you won the auction?

Although, as a seller, I wouldn't send an e-mail like that. I'd send a polite reminder.

This is nothing to get upset about. Put yourself in the sellers shoes... He may be tired of people who bid and don't pay. Text messages can be very confusing so I wouldn't read too much into it. You should simply pay for your item and be done with it. Watch this video:

Just been busy the last couple of days. Immediate payment is always nice as a seller, but I don't expect it. Its not the reminder that I mind so much, it more how he threatened to cancel the transaction by Thursday. A bit heavy handed and it rubbed my the wrong way obviously.

This is nothing to get upset about. Put yourself in the sellers shoes... He may be tired of people who bid and don't pay. Text messages can be very confusing so I wouldn't read too much into it. You should simply pay for your item and be done with it. Watch this video:

I have already paid him promptly twice for two books for well over 1K in sales in recent weeks. Bugs me that he is treating me like a deadbeat bidder, that is all.

Just been busy the last couple of days. Immediate payment is always nice as a seller, but I don't expect it. Its not the reminder that I mind so much, it more how he threatened to cancel the transaction by Thursday. A bit heavy handed and it rubbed my the wrong way obviously.

We hear you my friend, but the seller doesn't know that you've been busy and who knows what's happening on his side. It reads as a matter of fact to me and not intended to be insulting or even threatening. Could be an elderly man, young kid or someone who is not well versed in text communication. You'll be fine... don't let it get to you. Lot's of worse things to get upset about ^_^

We hear you my friend, but the seller doesn't know that you've been busy and who knows what's happening on his side. It reads as a matter of fact to me and not intended to be insulting or even threatening. Could be an elderly man, young kid or someone who is not well versed in text communication. You'll be fine... don't let it get to you. Lot's of worse things to get upset about ^_^

So true, thanks :)

Yeah, I have 100% positive feedback too. With so many restrictions on sellers being able to leave any negative feedback though, I don't think 100% means as much any longer.

..... you know where the guy lives, right ? ....... he could be just one good belt whipping away from manhood ...... think of it as a teachable moment (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u