• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is it about Ebay that attracts so many boneheads?

87 posts in this topic

I hope you informed him yes he would absolutely refund you and had no choice in the matter.

I hope you informed him yes he would absolutely refund you and had no choice in the matter.

This was over a decade ago. From what I recall I think I had to return the entire item for any "help." I caught a break in that the toy was 100% in tact and unharmed. The AFA slabs are very thick and more so protective than say a comic slab. All the damage was to the exterior of the plastic casing and shell.

Given how bad I wanted this, I just ended up sending it to AFA and getting it archival slabbed and eating the cost. I know, lame move on my part.

Yeah, I don't see how he could deny a refund. lol

The CGC sale would have driven me crazy if I got a neg for that.

Tell me about it. Only good news is that now in 12 months these negs just disappear at least and you get a complete feedback do-over.

I usually just go by whatever the terms are in the listing.

Last week I won an auction which required payment in 3 days. I didn't mind waiting the 3 full days to see if a coupon came up (it didn't!). They sent one kind, professional reminder to pay, I didn't have a problem with that either.

I usually allow 5 days to pay in my listings, and I'll send one or two gentle reminders along the way if I remember. If they take the full five, its fine.

But of course, people should simply act according to the stated terms, whether buyer or seller. If as a seller you want faster payment, change your settings and make your expectations clear up front in the listing, don't threaten people after the fact.

Be professional, follow the agreed upon terms. That should be all there is to it.

I send something after 5-7 days. I try to be pleasant like "Hi, I'd really love to ship your book to you. How is this coming along?" I try not to be a hypocrite about these things as I am not the fastest shipper.

I usually just go by whatever the terms are in the listing.

Last week I won an auction which required payment in 3 days. I didn't mind waiting the 3 full days to see if a coupon came up (it didn't!). They sent one kind, professional reminder to pay, I didn't have a problem with that either.

I usually allow 5 days to pay in my listings, and I'll send one or two gentle reminders along the way if I remember. If they take the full five, its fine.

But of course, people should simply act according to the stated terms, whether buyer or seller. If as a seller you want faster payment, change your settings and make your expectations clear up front in the listing, don't threaten people after the fact.

Be professional, follow the agreed upon terms. That should be all there is to it.

I send something after 5-7 days. I try to be pleasant like "Hi, I'd really love to ship your book to you. How is this coming along?" I try not to be a hypocrite about these things as I am not the fastest shipper.

I basically say this and it works out. If I don't get a response from something like that I just report the buyer to reclaim my fees.