• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GERBER photo journal VOL 1 and 2 for sale

19 posts in this topic

HI there, I have two unread perfectly brand new volumes ( 1 and 2) of the Golden Age Gerber Photojournals for sale. This is an extra set I've had for awhile so I figured I'd let someone else use and enjoy them. Let me know if you are interested.....Thanks, James.

My LCS doesn't even stock them crazy.gif

$20 shipping isn't that bad for those books - they weigh a ton. In my opinion, UV, those books are essential for the budding collector. If they're reasonably priced, get 'em!!

It's cheaper than sending a few comic books to Canuck land! poke2.gif

I don't know if the supply has just dried up for these or what . They are defenitely not as easy to grab as they used to be. I don't know what the print run was , but I'm sure it was pretty low.

They are still readily available through the distributor (often on eBay) and Amazon.com (which will ship them for free.)

My LCS doesn't even stock them crazy.gif

$20 shipping isn't that bad for those books - they weigh a ton. In my opinion, UV, those books are essential for the budding collector. If they're reasonably priced, get 'em!!

It's cheaper than sending a few comic books to Canuck land! poke2.gif
I can still not believe how much you paid for shipping those CGC books, 'I will pay the rest of the shipping' you said foreheadslap.gif

Does anyone know who currently produces these? I tried to find out where the publisher was, but don't know if its still around since Ernst passed away.

Anyone?

I am pretty sure they are in print anymore. I know they can't be ordered from Borders. Then again, Amazon still has them in stock as new so confused-smiley-013.gif.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=books&n=507846

Does anyone know who currently produces these? I tried to find out where the publisher was, but don't know if its still around since Ernst passed away.

Anyone?

They are NOT in print. They were extremely expensive to produce and I heard that Ernie got into financial difficulties because he didn't sell enough, soon enough. He sold his collection and business to Geppi but the left-over stock of PhotoJournals got sold to RTS, eventually.

For the content, quality of reproduction, and quality of printing, these are incredible books -- they are the finest books about any hobby that I have heard of. If you heard of something better, let me know, as I'd probably be interested in buying it.