• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay ASM 14 -- Is it trimmed

13 posts in this topic

That one is trimmed on all 3 sides. Avoid it like the plague.

The top and bottom had a LOT taken off. The right side looks more like a micro trim.

At least it's seriously OVERpriced

- so testing my reasoning skills (learning process)----

trying to do this from scans = not the easiest - but given the other post and what I was referenced to look for ( as well as the engineer in me) ----

looking at some CGC slabs - the overall height of the book is off. Points of reference I am looking at - are the hulks fist and the comics code/spideys head.

Sometimes the covers can be miscut - but the overall height remains similar. There is a CGC reference (HA) where the hulks fist is cut off slightly (similar to the auction) - but the top is a LOT larger - indicating something is hokey on either the top or bottom ( or both).

For the right edge - suspicious of the cover you can see the "gap" move between the cover and inner pages. A spine roll can cause this appearance - but then you would see the opposite gap moving and you do not see this.

experts ----- am I close? ( trying to get better at seeing this in a scan - live it is much easier, lol)

as for color touch - I held a black light up to the monitor - but nothing stood out. Where is the suspect area?

as for color touch - I held a black light up to the monitor - but nothing stood out. Where is the suspect area?

Um...pretty sure you need the book in hand for this to work

daily-show-spit-take.gif

Um...pretty sure you need the book in hand for this to work

:jokealert:

:whee: