• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Neal Adams Batman

116 posts in this topic

Just logged on here to say 255 but you beat me to it. I can't resist looking through that story every time I get a new copy in.

Honorable mention to Detective 404 and Batman 243/244.

One that is often overlooked is his final regular issue, Batman #255 "Moon of the Wolf"

Just logged on here to say 255 but you beat me to it. I can't resist looking through that story every time I get a new copy in.

Honorable mention to Detective 404 and Batman 243/244.

One that is often overlooked is his final regular issue, Batman #255 "Moon of the Wolf"

Definitely a unique cover.

Tec404BobStormsNMW.jpg

With all due respect to those choosing issues based on their covers, Adams was unique in breaking from the traditional rectangular panel-based storytelling. Batman #251 is a personal favorite interior:

Beautiful covers that are true works of art. However I never did like the black outline around the sun of Batman #244, so I'm glad he removed it for JLA. I think that might be Talia on the camel of the JLA cover which is another nice touch.

RAS_zpszjtn3mr0.png

Why do you think batman 227 is so highly valued, especially since it is a cover swipe as opposed to an original design? Don't get me wrong, I love it. Just curious...

I don't think originality is a major concern for cover collectors, just execution.

Anyway, the reason is that, about a decade ago, it started to be mentioned, discussed and extolled non-stop on this message board.